IRC recruits 01 Early Recovery & Development Coordinator
In 2016, IRC Burundi launched an Economic Recovery and Development Sector tasked with mounting a robust response to the consequences of the 2015 political and economic crisis. A strategic plan has been developed for rural and rural livelihoods recovery and resiliency programming. Programmatic objectives de socio-economic reintegration of returnees, raising the standard of living for both rural and urban households by strengthening decision-making capacity, the reduction of socio-political conflicts by creating employment for out-of-school youth and adults, capacity-building to improve market-based skills, improving income generation, improving food security, and reducing negative coping strategies through various types of cash transfer programming. Through all of the programming,
Scope of Work
The Economic Recovery and Development (ERD) Technical Coordinator (TC) provides direct technical supervision to ERD managers and officers in Bujumbura and field offices, ensures quality and technical soundness of ERD program implementation, represents IRC’s ERD sector internally and externally and is responsible for seeking new funds and writing new project proposals. All work will be in line with best practices in the field of ERD and IRC’s Program Framework. The Rapid Response Mechanism, agricultural programming, entrepreneurial and vocational training, the role of child protection and the training of children in the child labor market. Protection and Empowerment. This position will be based in Bujumbura with approximately 50% of the time. The TC reports to the Deputy Director-Programs also based in Bujumbura. The TC will liaise regularly with other TCs and Program Managers, as well as Field Coordinators (FCs) and Program Coordinators (PCs) in the districts of operation.
Key Responsibilities & Performance Objectives
Program Quality – Effective program design and coordination at the community level
• Lead the development, finalize, and enable ongoing review of the ERD Country Sector Strategy, within the context of the IRC Burundi’s Country Program Strategic Plan.
• Ensure that all ERD interventions within the Burundi Country Program are in accordance with the Country Program Strategic Plan, ERD country sector strategy, ERD sector framework (from HQ), and international standards.
• Ensure that new programming follows IRC Burundi program design guidelines; IRC standard log frame.
• Continue to actively seek funding for ERD programming in Burundi, as part of the ERD sector strategy developed. Lead ERD program staff in the development of new projects including budgets.
• As applicable, oversees the response within the ERD sector to emergency situations including conducting assessments, and designing, implementing and coordinating the ERD response.
• Conduct regular field technical support and monitoring visits to ensure maximum program quality in interventions.
• Ensure quality of trainings conducted by the ERD sector by reviewing training modules, and evaluating the impact of training programs.
• Take the lead in designing tools and conducting baselines, and project evaluations. Ensure that M & E plans are developed and monitored for all ERD program projects.
• Liaise with relevant TCs, to support the design and ensure quality of economic activities within their respective programs.
Program Implementation – All aspects of programs are implemented and managed effectively
• Track overall progress en program de projets et support ERD manager pour guide program
• Ensure that program tracking, monitoring and evaluation tools are developed and implemented with FCs / PCs and oversee their maintenance and use in compiling donor reports.
ERD managers in budget management through budget projections, tracking and regular reviews.
• Ensure that ERD programs collect data on program implementation and outputs in a timely fashion and based on M & E framework.
• Develop internal reporting formats, and ensure continued progress reporting within ERD sector
• ERD support managers in the development of project reports and technical review of donor and other reports. Serve as focal point for incorporation and dissemination of feedback from TU.
• Ensure compliance with donor regulations / agreement terms.
• Participate in all grants / sector reviews and ensure that all actions related to grants management follow-up on a timely fashion.
Human Resources – Excellent human resources management that promotes enhanced levels of professionalism and leadership within the program
• Develop and update, as necessary, ERD staff JDs and ensure staff understand their tasks and responsibilities.
• Develop performance objectives and conduct regular performance evaluation for ERD managers, and more informal feedback.
• ERD support managers in the performance management of their teams.
• In coordination with ERD managers / FCs / PCs, provide regular informal and formal feedback for all ERD program staff.
• Ensure ERD team is adequately staffed and competent to achieve objective objectives. Identify staffing and / or skills gaps and links with the human resource department to fill these gaps / needs.
• Promote a culture of respect and cohesiveness within the ERD team and other sectors.
• Act as IRC Burundi’s focal point for technical and training support to the latest best practices in the ERD field. Conduct formal and on-the-job training for ERD staff on ERD methodologies and approaches to build capacity of ERD program staff and other staff within the country program as appropriate.
• Identify key ERD program staff to be mentored and developed, and appropriately do so.
Coordination & Representation – High quality representation of organizations and sectors through internal and external coordination opportunities
• Ensure smooth and productive coordination with government, non-government, and private sector stakeholders.
• Participating in the Cash Working Group and Food Security Working Group meetings and other relevant government / ministerial coordination meetings as often as possible and ensuring that same coordination is happening at the field-level. May be required to dedicate 10% of working time to co-leading Cash Working Group.
• Ensure IRC data is collected as appropriate and appropriate, in line with IRC and international principles of ethical data sharing.
• Represent ERD program to donors and other funding partners to leverage opportunities for expanded support.
• Representing ERD program internally in coordination with IRC Burundi programs and supporting departments to ensure quality, integrated programming with other sectors.
Liability with respect to the design and ensure quality of economic activities within their respective sectors.
• Ensure clear communication with field sites, especially FCs / PCs, regarding program planning, procurement, travel schedules, and staffing issues.
• Relevant qualification with a Masters in Development Studies, Community / Rural Development, Economic Development, or similar.
• At least three years of experience in designing, implementing and managing ERD or livelihood programs between conflict-affected populations.
Kiswahili proficiency is a plus.
• Field experience in cash transfer programming is preferred.
• Knowledge of issues relating to rural and rural livelihoods is an advantage.
• Technical expertise in business / enterprise development and rural financial services.
• Field experience in market linkages and private sector development is essential.
• Strong report and proposal writing skills.
• Strong organizational skills and able to coordinate and manage various arrays of responsibilities.
• Demonstrated ability to handle sensitive situations diplomatically.
• Should possess strong communication skills.
• Commitment to national staff development.
• Experience of working with UN, USGov (USAID, OFDA, BPRM, FFP, etc.) and European donors (DFID, KfW, GIZ, EU, AIDS, SDC, etc.) preferred.
• Experience of working in insecure environments in conflict or post-conflict settings.
|Experience||0 à 3 ans|
|Fonctions||Gestion de projets/programmes|
|Secteurs d’activité||Développement économique et local|
|Postuler en ligne||https://rescue.csod.com/ats/careersite/jobdetails.aspx?site=1&c=rescue&id=4904|
|Date de fin de validité||09/06/2019|