|IPPFARO recrute 01 Administration and Finance Officer|
|Localisation||Dakar / Sénégal|
|Expiration||30 Avril 2021|
Description de l’offre
1. JOB PURPOSE :
• Reporting to the Head of Operations, the post holder of this position will support IPPFARO
and partners and contribute to the IPPFARO projects’ impact and sustainability by ensuring
compliance and sound management of all finance and administration related office
activities, in line with Senegalese Law, donor regulations and IPPFARO’s policies,
procedures and minimum standards.
2. KEY TASKS.
Oversee management of office administration systems in close liaison with ARO Head of
Operations, the Administration and Human Resource Manger Team:
1. Provide administrative support for the West Africa Regional Office personnel. Ensure
smooth administrative functioning of the Dakar office and assist all units in resolving
problems related to the day-to-day operations.
2. Provide administrative support to West Africa Regional Office field staff, visitors, and
members of the WARO office as appropriate by ensuring cost effective utilization of
3. Implementing, reviewing, and improving administrative systems, policies, and procedures.
4. Keep the office in good order and effective security measures to protect WARO properties
and staff; ensuring that lease agreements and amendments are kept up-to-date and office
utilities such as water, electricity, phone, internet, security services etc. are maintained and
paid on a timely basis.
5. Manage and maintain accurate register for inventory, vehicles, computer equipment, office
supplies and other assets of West Africa Regional Office.
6. Maintains files of rules, regulations, administrative instructions, workflows, and other
related documentation. Use electronic and manual filing systems to enable quick and
efficient retrieval of information with due regard to security and confidentiality.
7. Coordinate the development, monitoring, and regular updating of IPPFARO sub-office’s
security plan and ensure staff compliance with it.
8. Collaborate with the designated IPPFARO Security Advisor on all security-related issues.
9. Ensure implementation of office health and safety policies.
10. Coordinate the organization in-house and external meetings and training activities in
coordination with the Nairobi Office Staff.
11. Manage the existing resources in responsibility efficiently (e.g. IPPFARO managed
facilities, assets, and travel management, etc.) and estimate new requests aiming at
efficiency, cost-effectiveness and timeliness of operations and services.
12. Ensure that excellent IT and communication systems are in place and are working
efficiently, in coordination with an external IT consultant and IPPFARO’s IT Team.
13. Apply the IPPFARO procurement policy and liaise with suppliers to ensure best value for
money in all procurement, ensuring all office supplies are well stocked.
14. Oversee effectiveness and timely renewal of all insurance policies.
15. Contract Administration- Maintain and update the contact lists of all WARO services
contracts/supplier list; ensuring that accurate and complete accounting, reporting and
internal control systems are functioning and that all relevant records are maintained.
Transaction processing :
1. Ensure that requisitions and LPO are initiated and approved in the ERP – NetSuite and that
the invoices are reviewed, analyse processed into the ERP System. Scrutinise invoices for
eligibility ensuring that procurement procedures have been meticulously followed;
authorisation levels for expenditure are done in accordance with ARO regulations; ensure
that thresholds for the submission of more than one quotation and/or full tender procedures
are observed and that mandatory supporting documents are attached. Ensure that goods
and services have been sourced from approved suppliers and promptly process payment
vouchers for approval by approved signatories.
2. Scrutinise all requests for payment for eligibility ensuring that procurement procedures
have been meticulously followed; authorisation levels for expenditure are in accordance
with ARO regulations; thresholds for the submission of more than one quotation and/or full
tender procedures have been observed; mandatory supporting documents are attached
and that the goods and services have been sourced from approved suppliers and promptly
process payment vouchers for approval by approved signatories;
3. Weekly review the supplier and other payables age listing from the ERP System and raise
payment vouchers for review by Senior Finance Officer and approval by the Lead Finance
and Budget Specialist and timely raise related financial instruments for payment
authorization by bank signatories.
4. Monitor cash transactions to ensure that bank account balances to the report and any
unusual items are investigated
5. Receives incoming payment and transfers and processes outgoing payments and wire
transfers and posts them in the ERP.
6. Timely reconcile cash application and disbursements.
7. Ensure that all transactions are in compliance with the funding agreements, tprocedures
and rules and regulations;
8. Ensure that invoices and other transactions attracting statutory deductions are accurately
processed and deductions are dully remitted.
9. Support the implementation of procedures, risk management and internal controls
10. Comply with the systems that are in place for the proper recording of all transactions
against approved Budget, including the correct procedures for authorisation of expenditure
and make recommendations to both the Lead Finance Officer and the Senior Advisor,
Finance and Budgetary Control for change as appropriate.
11. Prepare monthly analysis of donor income in accordance with the accrual basis of
accounting and propose journal entries for review by the Lead Finance Officer and
approval by Senior Advisor, Finance and Budgetary Control.
12. Ensure that all processed and posted transactions are archived accordingly
13. To contribute to monthly, quarterly, and annual review of the trial balance and general
ledger sub-ledgers, including the identification of and recommendation of relevant
adjustments for submission to Senior Finance Officer for review and approval by the Lead
Finance and Budget Specialist.
14. To prepare monthly and annual reconciliation of Bank balances, Petty Cash, Receivables,
Payables, Inventories and Fixed Assets and submit to Lead Finance Officer for review and
approval by Senior Advisor, Finance and Budgetary Control;
Budgeting and Reporting
15. Undertake treasury related duties at the direction of Senior Finance Officer and approval by
Lead Finance and Budget Specialist e.g., Preparation of monthly cash budgets and
monitoring account balances in accordance with IPPFARO finance policy and regulations.
16. Prepare weekly and monthly reports on the status of transaction processing and
outstanding Staff travel accounts, Donor receivables, Creditors, bank balances, CO InterOffice Accounts, Inventories, and submit to both Senior Finance Officer and approval by
Lead Finance and Budget Specialist.
17. Prepare grant appropriations for review by Senior Finance Officer and approval by Lead
Finance and Budget Specialist.
18. Prepare and ensure timely submission of all financial and other required reports for
assigned Restricted projects for review by Lead Finance Officer and approval by the Senior
Finance Officer and approval by Lead Finance and Budget Specialist.
19. Proactively support the preparation of reporting package and other reports due for
submission to Central Office.
20. Timely prepare activity budget codes and ensure these are loaded into the ERP system to
enable funds disbursement, transaction processing and budget monitoring.
External and internal audit
21. To support the Senior Finance Officer and the Lead Budget and Finance Specialist in the
preparation of internal and external audits by ensuring that IPPF AR’s books of accounts
and bank balances are up to date as well as preparation of annual audit schedules and
providing data and information as requested by the external and internal auditors.
Other duties and responsibilities
22. Complete tasks and deliver the assigned work in a timely manner and within the required
levels of quality and costs.
23. To maintain an up-to-date record of timesheet in accordance with IPPFAR approved
24. Undertake any other duties that might be assigned by his/her supervisor.
1) Competencies :
Knowledge of (related field). Demonstrates professional competence
and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments,
observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal
concerns. Takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal
participation of women and men in all areas of work.
Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; solicits
input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others; places
team agenda before personal agenda; supports and acts in accordance with final group
decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position; shares credit for
team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
PLANNING & ORGANIZING:
Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies;
identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate
amount of time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies
when planning; monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; uses time efficiently.
Speaks and writes clearly and effectively; listens to others, correctly
interprets messages from others and responds appropriately; asks questions to clarify, and
exhibits interest in having two-way communication; tailors language, tone, style and format to
match audience; demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
Bachelor’s degree in finance and / Accounting
A professional qualification in Accounting/Finance (ACCA, CPA, or equivalent)
Proficiency with accounting software, word processing and spreadsheets.
3) Work Experience
Minimum of five years’ experience in Accounting, Finance and Business Administration and
preferably in an international humanitarian and/or development organisation. A good
knowledge and practice of Senegal local administration, labour and finance regulations is
English and French are the working languages of the ARO. For this post fluency in English and
French (both oral and written) is required. Knowledge of Portuguese is an advantage.
Evaluation of qualified candidates may include a desk review and/or an assessment exercise
which may be followed by competency-based interview.
6) Other requirements
Competent working in a multicultural environment.
Willing to work outside standard office hours as required.
Willing to travel internationally.
|COMMENT POSTULER ?|
Interested individuals should submit an application form in the IPPFARO CV form (attached) and a 1-page cover letter to:
Please note that we will not consider applications that are not done in the requested format.
Description de l’offre :