IPPFARO recruits 01 Advocacy Advisor (MPoA Project)
IPPFARO secured a grant aimed to support the African Union’s effort to mobilise member states implementation of the 2016 – 2030 Maputo Plan of Action. The three year project (March 2018 – February 2021) places emphasis on countries, particularly those whose abortion policies were favourable but implementation was a challenge (Kenya and Sierra Leone) and those whose policies needed to change (Cote d’Ivoire, Malawi, Morocco and Senegal).
As the project is nearing its completion, IPPFAR through its Sub-Office to the African Union is seeking to recruit, on a short contract basis (4 Months), an Advocacy Advisor to support the tail-end events as well as the closeout phase.
This position will work very closely with the Senior Advocacy Advisor who is overseeing the coordination of the closeout phase in consultation with the Head of Office.
The overall responsibility of this assignment is to assist the project management team to effectively ensure a smooth closure of the project.
1. Accelerates the winding up of all project advocacy activities in line with the project write up.
2. Ensures the sustainability of the project by facilitating integration into other ongoing advocacy activities.
3. Updates all project files, ensuring quality technical information on sexual and reproductive health, particularly contemporary data on abortion and family planning services.
4. Facilitates closeout stakeholder consultations and meetings at the national and regional levels.
5. Assists to publish all outstanding advocacy policy briefs, best practices and reviews on safe abortion.
6. Prepares the handover of the updated CARMMA scorecard website, to the African Union.
7. Participates in the end of project evaluations and the subsequent dissemination of the final report .
8. Prepares drafts and edits a wide range of documents including final reports on activities and budget expenditure prior to final submission to the donor..
9. S/he embraces safeguarding as well as all organisational policies.
10. Undertakes any duties as may be assigned by the supervisor or his/her representative from time to time.
D. Operational languages
English and French are the working languages of IPPFARO. For this post fluency in English and French (both oral and written) is required. Knowledge of Portuguese is an advantage.
Analyse and compile draft report based on the outcomes of the project duration. Clearly detailing best practices and lessons learnt.
F. Contract Period
This short-term contract is valid for the period 1 November 2020 to February 2021.
G. Terms and Conditions
Candidates selected for this position will be expected to finalise the tasks indicated above and submit the final activity report and the project closure report on 15 February 2021.
Experience / Training
Expected Profile of Consultant
The aspiring candidates should have an MA Degree in social sciences, public health/policy, international relations, communications and/or other related fields.
S/he should have a minimum of 5 years of relevant professional experience, preferably in political and policy advocacy and/or communications. Knowledge of the African Union and UN systems, Africa Regional Economic Communities (RECs), Member State / Intergovernmental processes is required.
The candidate should have demonstrated experience in the preparation, development and review of high quality reports.
How to apply
For more details on the job description and on how to apply please visit https://www.ippfar.org/jobs
IPPF offers a wide range of benefits and is an equal opportunity employer.
Applications are particularly encouraged from women, people living with disabilities, people living with HIV and minorities.