IPPFAR recruits 01 Specialist – Proposal Development and Writing
The postholder will be tasked to prepare and write proposals by determining concept, gathering and formatting information, writing drafts, and obtaining approvals. S/he shall determine proposal concept by identifying and clarifying opportunities and needs, studying requests for proposal (RFPs), and attending strategy meetings.
S/he shall ensure that the Regional Office has the ability to raise required adequate resources to meet its programme delivery.
2. KEY TASKS
• Meets proposal deadline by establishing priorities and target dates for information gathering, writing, review, approval, and transmittal,
• Enters and monitors tracking data;
• Coordinates requirements with contributors and contributes proposal status information to review meetings;
• Gathers proposal information by identifying sources of information, coordinating submissions and collections, and identifying and communicating risks associated with proposals;
• Develops proposal by assembling information including project nature, objectives/outcomes/deliverables, implementation, methods, timetable, staffing, budget, standards of performance, and evaluation;
• Writes, revises, and edits drafts including executive summaries, conclusions, and organization credentials;
• Prepares presentation by evaluating text, graphics, and binding and coordinating printing;
• Maintains quality results by using templates; following proposal-writing standards including readability, consistency, and tone; maintaining proposal support databases;
• Obtains approvals by reviewing proposal with key providers and project managers;
• Improves proposal-writing results by evaluating and re-designing processes, approach and coordination;
• Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; maintaining personal networks;
• Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests and exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments;
• Create and manage Compliance Matrix and lead compliance reviews and provides compliance feedback to the Lead Specialist and bidding teams;
Processes and team engagement
• Develops proposal response templates in alignment with corporate branding and in compliance with Restricted Funding Project (RFP) requirements;
• Manages opportunity SharePoint site including providing access to users, uploading and maintaining solicitation document, managing templates, etc;
• Manages Past Performance repository ensuring that all past performance is accurate and up-to-date.; Collaborates with Operations staff and Proposal Management / Capture staff to rewrite past performance in response to specific solicitation requirements;
• Manage resumes for solicitations including creating resume templates and transferring information to resume templates for inclusion in proposals;
• Provides primary support for data call responses including organisational logo and serve as primary point of contact for submissions;
• Performs comprehensive quality checks of proposal documents including formatting, headers and footers, page numbering, figure numbers, etc.;
• Coordinates and participate in proposal meetings including taking detailed notes of meetings, publishing notes to SharePoint and providing notes to proposal team;
• Monitors solicitation sites for updates to solicitations including amendments, Q&A, and other updates;
• Provides desktop publishing support as necessary to prepare proposal documents for reviews and submissions;
• Coordinates and manages print production including creating tabs, covers, table of contents and other sections; printing and hard copy production; shipping preparation; book and quality checks as part of fundraising efforts;
• Facilitates departmental proposal related meetings as requested and provide additional support to the Lead Specialist on variety of tasks as assigned and requested;
• S/he shall embrace safeguarding as well as all organisational policies;
• To undertake any other duties as may be requested by supervisor.
Experience / Training
• MA Degree in Business Administration, Project Management, Social Science and/or other related relevant fields.
3. WORK EXPERIENCE
• At least 5 year’ experience in grant writing, business development, prospect research and general fundraising
• Expert level experience with Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel and PowerPoint, Adobe Creative Suite (PDF creation and revision), creation and administration of SharePoint sites
• Experience in graphics design (Adobe Illustrator) is a plus.
English and French are the working languages of the ARO. For this post fluency in English and French (both oral and written) is required. Knowledge of Portuguese is an advantage.
• Evaluation of qualified candidates may include a desk review and/or an assessment exercise which may be followed by competency-based interview.
6. OTHER REQUIREMENTS
• Experience working in a multicultural environment.
• Willing to work outside standard office hours as required.
• Willing to travel internationally – about 30 days a year.
How to apply
For more details on the job description and on how to apply please visit https://www.ippfar.org/jobs
IPPF offers a wide range of benefits and is an equal opportunity employer.
Applications are particularly encouraged from women, people living with disabilities, people living with HIV and minorities.