IPPFAR recruits 01 Project Officer (IPPF – AU Packard Project)
The postholder will coordinate the IPPFARO/AU Joint Programme that supports the AUC Country Technical Assistance Framework. The incumbent will also provide support to Member States in developing and implementing their Country Acceleration Strategies under the African Plan of Action for Youth Empowerment 2019-2023 (APAYE).
S/he will be responsible to mainstream adolescents and young people’s Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (AYSRHR) into the priorities of AU Member States.
As an IPPFAR seconded staff member to the AUC, the postholder will provide technical support to the Department of Human Resources, Science and Technology’s Youth Division and will roll out the AY-SRHR throughout the implementation cycles of programmes and projects, from formulation to closing, including but not limited to planning, implementation, partnerships, monitoring and reporting.
2. KEY TASKS
1. Facilitates the timely development and implementation of Country Acceleration Strategies (CAS) by AU Member States on AY-SRHR; and provide technical support to Member States and partners to ensure quality assurance
2. Coordinates partner interventions on AY-SRHR and report on promising practices emerging from implementation. Ensure that routine data / information is collected and analysed in accordance with the APAYE programme monitoring and evaluation plan to allow for model building and ensuring that annual targets are reached
3. Participates in advocacy and resource mobilization efforts to support AY-SRHR activities in AU Member States within the framework of CAS
4. Provides support on policy, strategy, advocacy and programme development and implementation within the AUC Youth Division including development of programmatic frameworks and guidelines, drafting of policies and policy briefs, concept notes and reports
5. Supports the Division’s work on data collection, research, monitoring and accountability, including the production of the Status of African Youth Report; specifically the development of knowledge products such as policy briefs, guidance notes and policy analyses on health and wellbeing, highlighting AY-SRHR outcomes
6. Supports the engagement, coordination, and management of strategic partnerships within the Division, including inter-departmental partnerships and inter-organizational partnerships, as well as youth mainstreaming within the African Union Commission
7. Supports youth engagement activities of the African Union Commission, including implementing robust youth engagement strategies targeted at AY-SRHR, and organization of youth events, forums and convenings by the Division
8. Exercises high degree of accountability – ensuring timely submission of finance reports as required.
9. Builds and maintain positive relationships with all members of staff, and contacts within and outside the Federation.
10. Familiarises her/himself with the African Union and IPPF’s Health and Safety Programme and Guidelines for using Visual Display Units. S/he shall do everything possible to ensure a healthy and safe working environment, including following instructions and guidance.
11. S/he takes collective responsibility for safeguarding as well as all organisational policies.
12. Undertakes any other tasks as assigned by the Head of Division or immediate supervisor(s)
Experience / Training
• Master’s level degree in Social Sciences, International Relations, Government, Public or Project Administration, Public Policy, Social Policy, or other relevant disciplines
3. WORK EXPERIENCE
• A minimum of 2-5 years of professional experience in social development planning and management in youth and adolescent development related areas is required
• Experience in youth and adolescent sexual and reproductive health and rights is also required
• Relevant experience in the AU or UN system agency or similar organization is considered as an asset
English and French are the working languages of the ARO. For this post fluency in English and French (both oral and written) is required. Knowledge of Portuguese is an advantage.
How to apply
For more details on the job description and on how to apply please visit https://www.ippfar.org/jobs
IPPF offers a wide range of benefits and is an equal opportunity employer.
Applications are particularly encouraged from women, people living with disabilities, people living with HIV and minorities.