IPPFAR recruits 01 Lead Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) Programme Specialist
The job holder is responsible for providing IPPFAR performing and sustainable cost-effective strategies and approaches to deliver and enabling quality, rights-based SRHR services and programmes.
To mobilise additional funds to develop new SRHR program and strengthen and/or sustain ongoing SRHR program in the region
The job holder is responsible for effective development, coordination, implementation, and assessment of the functions of the SRHR program team.
To be accountable for the achievements of IPPFAR SRHR restricted funding projects expected results as provided for in the relevant and approved restricted funding projects documents.
B. KEY TASKS
• Coordinate the strategic planning and program development processes of Program specialist team to ensure alignment to IPPF strategic framework and provide regular updates to IPPFARO’s program team as well as ARO SMT when needed
• Design and introduce new and innovative SRHR programs for the region to achieve set targets
• Develop strategies to build a sustainable high quality integrated SRHR program in the region (Q-IPES, Integration, Commodity security management, Client centered and Discrimination management, diversification of income generation on service provision etc)
• Develop Innovative guidelines to assist member associations to be enablers of others to co-deliver our objectives (Social franchising, Clustering, PPP, Networking, Social marketing, Tasks Shifting, digital health, Peer provision, self-care
• Actively lead all priority initiatives in the Programmes & HSS Department including but not limited to the quality of care, digital health and enabling services initiatives
• Provide a regional performing and sustainable reproductive health commodity security management system
• Develop guidelines that enable MAs to forge partnerships at country level that enhance acquisition of RH Commodities and supplies
• Innovate to increase number of member associations recognized locally and regionally (federation wide) as centers of excellence and/or technical assistance provider organisation.
• Coordinate IPPFAR participation to technical RHCS networks in the region
• Proactively monitor overall progress of the SRHR programme implementation in the region
• Effectively showcase innovative and successful IPPFAR experiences for delivering and enabling quality, rights based SRH services.
• To manage the team of Program specialist on a day to day basis to support the program department delivering on its performance objectives in line with IPPFAR joint priorities and deliverables.
• Assist Program specialists to set annual goals and performance objectives against achievements of the departmental team
• Strengthen the capacity of Program specialists to develop and to implement innovative SRHR programmes
• Track and ensure contributions of Program specialists to the departmental achievements are adequately captured and timely shared/disseminated
• Conducted annual performance assessments of Program specialists in order to keep the team competitive and motivated
• Contribute to ensuring IPPF ARO Business Cycle is implemented as required
Partnerships and Inter-departmental / Inter-office Collaboration
• To mobilise additional funds to develop and strengthen and/or sustain ongoing SRHR programs in the region in an accountable manner
• Ensure programme interventions at regional level is interlinked to key SRHR thematic areas (Youth, IPES, Gender and Humanitarian response)
• In collaboration with the Lead Project Delivery Management to support the implementation of the restricted projects in the region in line with IPPF and other donor’s requirements
• In collaboration with the Lead Budget and Finance specialist to oversee programme budgets, monitoring expenditure and costs against benefits that are realised as the programme progresses
• Responsible for compiling the unit budget and monitoring expenditure/and regularly providing accurate information on SOB (Status of Budget).
• Collaborate with External Relations and Communication (ER&C) team to build strategic partnerships with the government, civil society, bilateral and multilateral organisations to implement SRHR programmes in the region
• Collaborate with Strategy & Organizational Development and ER&C teams to document SRHR promising/best practices in the region
• Work with the Strategy & Organizational Development department to oversee research studies.
• Strengthen internal and external linkages and partnerships between the Programme Department and other ARO departments/units, IPPF Central Office and other strategic external partners.
• Participate as a member of the senior staff in programmes department to provide guidance on department-wide management decisions
• Work closely with the Head of Programmes department as well as other senior program specialists to advance departmental agenda
• To contribute to the regional office strategies and work plan in an active manner across departments
To undertake any other duties as may be requested from time to time
Experience / Training
• Masters’ degree in public health, health services management, reproductive health, or related fields
• At least eight years’ experience in similar position, or health programmes management three of which should be at the international level
• Significant experience of effectively managing budgets in line with donor requirements
• Experience in networking and social network
• Experience of resource mobilising
• For this post fluency in English and French (both oral and written) is required.
• Knowledge of Portuguese is an advantage
How to apply
For more details on the job description and on how to apply please visit https://www.ippfar.org/jobs
IPPF offers a wide range of benefits and is an equal opportunity employer.
Applications are particularly encouraged from women, people living with disabilities, people living with HIV and minorities.