IPPF recruits 01 Driver/Messenger
Knowledge of (related field). Demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines, and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns. Takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work.
Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others; places team agenda before personal agenda; supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position; shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
PLANNING & ORGANIZING:
Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; uses time efficiently.
Speaks and writes clearly and effectively; listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately; asks questions to clarify and exhibits interest in having two-way communication; tailors language, tone, style and format to match audience; demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
Treat all individuals with respect; respond sensitively to differences and encourage others to do the same. Uphold organizational and ethical norms. Maintains high standards of trustworthiness. Role model for diversity and inclusion.
Open to change and flexible in a fast-paced environment. Effectively adapt own approach to suit changing circumstances or requirements. Reflect on experiences and modifies own behavior. Performance is consistent, even under pressure.
Secondary Education. Valid Driver’s license with minimum 3rd grade level.
Valid driver’s license.
4 years’ work experience as a driver; safe driving record; knowledge of driving rules and regulations and skills in minor vehicle repair.
Understanding of clerical work
Fluency in French language (both written and oral) is required, some knowledge of English is an advantage.
Evaluation of qualified candidates may include assessment exercise which will be followed by a competency-based interview.
Expériences / Formation
This position is located in the IPPFARO sub-Regional Office in Abidjan. The Driver/Messenger will report to the Finance and Administrative Advisor.
Under the general supervision of the Finance and Administrative Advisor the Driver/Messenger provides reliable and safe driving services and clerical support. The Driver/Messenger demonstrates a client-oriented approach, high sense of responsibility, courtesy, tact, and the ability to work with people of different national, international and cultural backgrounds.
The Driver/Messenger provides driving services to the regional director, staff in the office, Consultants and Experts and IPPFARO staff on mission. She/he also provides clerical support services in the office and messenger services outside the office.
- Ensure safe driving of the Regional Director; Drives the Regional Director and staff to meetings and official meetings respecting protocol rules;
- Ensure provision of reliable and secure driving services by
- a) driving vehicles for the transport of authorized personnel and delivery and collection of mail, documents, and other items
- b) meeting personnel and visitors at the airport;
- Perform work related errands as requested such as going to post office twice a week if necessary;
- Support the organization of meetings, training programs and office events;
- Ensure cost-savings through proper use of vehicle through accurate: maintenance of daily vehicle logs, provision of inputs for the preparation of the vehicle maintenance plans and reports;
- Ensures proper day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle through timely minor repairs, arrangements for major repairs, timely changes of oil, check of tires, brakes, car washing and other duties;
- Ensure availability of all the required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle logs, ARO directory, map of the city/country, first aid kit, and necessary spare parts;
- Ensure that all immediate actions required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in accidents.
- Ensure prompt and accurate delivery of mails to multilateral, bilateral, embassies and consular, government and non-governmental agencies/organizations operating from Abidjan;
- Deliver documents to the courier companies and other locations as required;
- Take care of ARO documents for protocol clearance, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, other government agencies, Embassies and other international organizations operating from Abidjan. Also collects all documents destined to ARO;
- Assists on clerical work in the office when not performing messenger and driving functions. Specifically, S/he binds documents destined to the office and other partners and ensures that documents are well arranged for easy tracking;
- Liaise with government agencies, travel agencies and other service providers to deliver and pick up documents in a timely manner;
- Expedites functions related to staff visa and customs formalities when required;
Performs other functions as requested by supervisor.
Interested individuals should submit an application form in the IPPFARO CV form (attached) and a 1-page cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the job position you are applying for as the subject of the email by 11 May 2022.