|IOM recruits 01 Project Coordinator (Border Management Support) (P3)|
|Description de l’offre|
In order to ensure safe and orderly migration, IOM supports the Government of Senegal in improving its institutions, infrastructure, equipment and technical capacity for safer and better managed border.
To that end, IOM is implementing a portfolio of projects ranging from the analysis of the impact of COVID-19 pandemic on border management and security, to trainings for the law enforcement agencies intervening at the border, crisis preparedness and management and engagement of border communities.
Under the direct supervision of the Chief of Mission, the successful candidate will coordinate the Immigration and Border Management (IBM) portfolio: the project “Community Engagement in border security and management in Senegal” and the regional project “Community
Engagement: from Senegal to Benin”, both funded by the US Government; the regional project “Survey on border management in the Sahel region amid COVID-19” funded by JICA and implemented in Senegal (management site), Mauritania, Niger, Mali, Burkina Faso and Chad.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Implement and monitor all operational, financial and administrative components/aspects of
the projects, in line with IOM’s policies and practices as well as donor requirements and in close coordination with relevant IOM Offices and national/international authorities.
2. Prepare, coordinate and submit regular project reports in a timely manner according to IOM and donor formats, in close coordination with projects staff and relevant IOM country offices and departments.
3. Ensure timely recruitment and training of national and international contractors and consultants relating to the projects in accordance with IOM’s procedures and regulations.
4. Ensure regular coordination with IBM Project Managers in Benin for the USG funded project, and in Burkina Faso, Chad, Mali, Mauritania and Niger for JICA funded project, in order to ensure cohesive project implementation and coordination on the relevant projects including the exchange of lessons learnt.
5. Coordinate the design and implementation of contextualized capacity building activities in migration and border management, targeting relevant institutions, communities, and migrants as well as project staff.
6. Ensure adequate information management on project related activities including project awareness raising and visibility; regular project updates, summaries, press releases and other relevant materials, in coordination with the donor and IOM office. Respond to any ad hoc information requests from among the donors, in close coordination with the Project Managers in other countries targeted by the projects.
7. Ensure systematic monitoring and evaluation (M & E) of project activities, identify and implement improvements in project delivery and coordination.
8. Provide technical advice on the expansion of the IBM portfolio and support the mission in developing new projects and in fund raising initiatives.
9. Establish and maintain strong partnerships and liaison with Government entities and relevant stakeholders.
10. Represent IOM in relevant conferences, workshops, steering committees, policy and technical working groups, as well as other forums to ensure proper coordination, presentation and promotion of IOM activities.
11. Undertake duty travel, in line with prevailing security restrictions, relating to project assessments, liaison with counterparts, project management and implementation, and problem resolution as required.
12. Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Master’s degree in Political or Social Sciences, International Relations, Development Studies,
Law or a related field from an accredited academic institution with five years of relevant professional experience; or
• University degree in the above fields with seven years of relevant professional experience.
• Experience in the field of migration and border management, including policy and operational experience;
• Experience in project development, management, reporting and evaluation;
• Experience in liaising with governmental authorities, donors, other national/international institutions and NGOs;
• Familiarity with the region is an asset.
• High level of computer practice.
IOM’s official languages are English, French, and Spanish.
External applicants for all positions in the Professional category are required to be proficient in English and have at least a working knowledge of one additional UN Language (French, Spanish, Arabic, Russian or Chinese).
For all applicants, fluency in English and French is required (oral and written). Working knowledge of local languages are an advantage.
Proficiency of language(s) required will be specifically evaluated during the selection process,
which may include written and/or oral assessments.
Accredited Universities are the ones listed in the UNESCO World Higher Education Database
Values – all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
• Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural
differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
• Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the
ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
• Empowering others & building trust: creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
• Strategic thinking and vision: works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding
This selection process may be used to staff similar positions in various duty stations.
Recommended candidates endorsed by the Appointments and Postings Board will remain
eligible to be appointed in a similar position for a period of 24 months.
The list of NMS countries above includes all IOM Member States which are non-represented in
the Professional Category of staff members. For this staff category, candidates who are
nationals of the duty station’s country cannot be considered eligible.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment,
accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
|COMMENT POSTULER ?|
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment
system, by 23 June 2021 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
IOM only accepts duly completed applications submitted through the IOM e-Recruitment
system. The online tool also allows candidates to track the status of their application.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For further information please refer to: https://recruit.iom.int/sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/hrrcf_a_applwizard?PARAM=cG9zdF9pbnN0X2d1aWQ9MDA1MDU2ODUxQzdDMUVEQkIyQjBGODcyQ0Q1NDgwRkM%3d&sap-wd-configid=ZHRRCF_A_APPLWIZARD&sap-theme=sap_corbu&sap-client=100&sap-language=EN&SAP-THEME=sap_corbu#
Jobs source :