IOM recruits 01 Project Assistant
IOM recruits a Project Assistant (MATCH)
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and nongovernmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates
Under the direct supervision of the National Program Officer for Migration Mainstreaming, the technical supervision and guidance of the project coordinator in IOM Belgium (leading mission for this project) and under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission of IOM Senegal, the Project Assistant will manage the implementation the legal migration project “Migration of African Talents through Capacity building and Hiring” (MATCH) in coordination with IOM Country Office for Belgium (leading mission). The project will address labour market shortages in four EU countries in cooperation with project partners from the local private sector: Belgium (VOKA/VDAB/EUROCHAMBRES/AGORIA); Italy (Unioncamere Piemonte/Luxembourg//IMS); The Netherlands (NABC).
The Project Assistant will be responsible for the implementation and coordination of the all the project activities in Senegal.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
Implementation of the « MATCH » Project
In particular, the incumbent will:
- In close coordination with the project coordinator in IOM Belgium, the project assistant will assist in the implementation of the MATCH project and follow-up on the activities to be carried out in Senegal. This includes assist in the implementation of the project activities, following-up on the projects’ work plan and deliverables, liaising with stakeholders in Senegal, participating to steering committees and events, assisting in drafting final reports, developing and disseminating communication material, etc.
- In close coordination with IOM Belgium, the project partners, and the employment organizations in Senegal, coordinate the selection of the candidates participating in the labour migration scheme of and set up pre-departure orientation sessions for the selected candidates.
- In the context of the project, provide support for the implementation of initiatives contributing to the development of Senegal organized by the project partners, participating candidates, diaspora organizations, etc.
- Provide support to the project partners for the organization of capacity-building missions to Senegal, including organizing meetings with relevant national private sector organizations and employment agencies.
- Coordinate with internal units (finance team, legal team, etc.) and with IOM Belgium on the MATCH project budget, project contracts, administration, terms of reference, data protection, procurement, etc.
- Assist in drafting the narrative and financial reports to be submitted to the donor;
- Any other tasks as may be required.
- Required qualifications and experiences
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in economics, social science, law, international relations or related field from an accredited academic institution with minimum 3 (three) years of relevant professional experience
- High School Degree with minimum 5 (five) years of relevant professional experience
- Demonstrated working experience in the area of human resource management and/or recruitment, ideally in the private sector in Senegal.
- Knowledge of project management, implementation, reporting and monitoring and evaluation of programmes;
- Strong organizational and time-management skills;
- Experience in migration projects/policies is an advantage;
- Ability to work independently;
- Experience in liaison with non-governmental organizations, national, regional and international authorities, institutions, and private sector;
- Previous knowledge in the field of labour migration is an advantage.
Fluent in French and English are required.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
Values – all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 3
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighboring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighboring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
The position may require temporary/periodic secondment outside the duty station.
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org *referring to this advertisement in the subject: “SVN-CO-001-2020 and complete name**”. Application must contain a CV and a cover letter.*
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
From January 24th, 2020 to February 09th, 2020.