IOM recruits 01 Programme Officer
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Support with coordinating the implementation of all ARMP activities in West and Central African target Country Offices (COs).
- Provide technical support and technical information and facilitate information sharing for the implementation of the ARMP in coordination with relevant COs in West and Central Africa, other Project Assistants, Project Managers and all relevant Regional Thematic Specialists in RO for Central and West Africa in Dakar.
- Monitor, coordinate, and follow up on the implementation, logistical and administrative arrangements of the ARMP to identify problems and propose action to expedite the delivery of the program outputs.
- Analyse the progress and implementation reports to identify and document significant program events, decisions, problems, or deviations in program activities, budget expenditure and flag to the local management and the ARMP Program Coordinator in RO Pretoria.
- Support in implementing and monitoring operational, financial, and administrative components/aspects of the program activities in close coordination with the relevant units in the target IOM COs, in RO Dakar, and ARMP coordination at RO Pretoria.
- Organize and participate in the Regional Working Group on Mixed Migration (RWGMM) meetings and activities.
- Draft technical, progress and quarterly reports including financial reports on program activities, in coordination with the Reporting Assistant in Dakar CO and the Reporting Officer in RO Pretoria).
- Maintain the program-related correspondence, visibility and communication material and other relevant background documents.
- Support with the dissemination of program-related reports and correspondence to relevant counterparts.
- Coordinate closely with PRM through the Project Management Unit in RO Pretoria and the Donor Liaison Officer in Washington CO on existing and future program documents for narrative and financial reporting.
- Contribute to the drafting and developing new projects, in particular in relation to Mixed Migration.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Master’s degree in Political or Social Sciences, Business Administration, Migration Studies, International Relations and or Law or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience; or
- University degree in the above fields with four years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience in project management, implementation and project development;
- Experience in coordination of various projects to ensure maximum outputs;
- Experience in liaising with government authorities and other national/international institutions.
- Demonstrated expertise in the thematic area relevant to project development; and,
- Previous experience with UN and International Agencies, international or local NGOs preferred.
- Familiarity with a multitude of international development areas of intervention;
- Familiarity with monitoring and evaluation concepts and methods;
- Advanced research, writing, outreach and communications skills;
- Demonstrable knowledge of Senegal political and socioeconomic environment;
- Excellent writing and editing skills in English and French.
- IOM’s official languages are English, French, and Spanish.
- External applicants for all positions in the Professional category are required to be proficient in English and have at least a working knowledge of one additional UN Language (French, Spanish, Arabic, Russian or Chinese).
- For all applicants, fluency in English and French is required (oral and written). Proficiency of language(s) required will be specifically evaluated during the selection process, which may include written and/or oral assessments.
Application deadline: 10 July 2022.