IOM recruits 01 MHPSS consultant
Call for Applications.
Position : MHPSS consultant
Duty Station : RO DAKAR
Contract Type : Consultancy
Length of Contract : 5-month consultancy (part-time, 12 days/month)
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 22 June 2021
Established in 1951, the International Organization for Migration (IOM) is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. IOM implements innovative projects aimed at young people and aspirant migrants through a Communication for Development (C4D) approach. One such project is Migrants as Messengers (MaM), which seeks to empower target audiences in West Africa make informed decisions about migration through peer-to-peer messaging.
The project started in three countries in November 2017 and was expanded to seven countries in 2019 (Nigeria, Senegal, Guinea, The Gambia, Côte d’Ivoire, Sierra Leone, and Liberia). It is carried out by volunteers using storytelling techniques to record and broadcast interviews with returned migrants and share these stories online and at community events.
Under the direct supervision of Migrants as Messengers (MaM) Community Engagement Officer at IOM’s Regional Office for West and Central Africa in Dakar, the successful candidate will contribute to strengthening the integration of a Mental Health and Psychosocial Wellbeing (MHPSS) component in awareness raising activities, especially focusing on MaM.
Core Functions and Responsibilities:
1. Review and update existing MHPSS/MaM mainstreaming strategy and tools.
2. Provide remote support to the country offices that need to strengthen or conduct a mapping of available MHPSS services in areas of high return and in the establishment of clear referral mechanism to be included in an existing 1-day training module.
3. Support seven country offices and MaM Volunteers to map local best practices in community-based psychosocial support activities relevant to MHPSS/MaM, compile and share with the different offices for programme adaptation and support.
4. Draft a concept note on operational strategies to support the Volunteers own psychosocial wellbeing while being involved in the MaM project.
5. Support implementation of the MHPSS study:
a. Review and update existing enumerator briefing for a survey that is conducted every 6 months assessing the psychosocial wellbeing of a network of Volunteers (returned migrants) participating in the MaM project.
b. Develop a training brief and provide IOM staff with a training of trainers (TOT) session in September 2021 focused on the enumerators briefing mentioned above.
c. Provide desk reviews and making recommendations on how to strengthen the MHPSS component in MaM.
d. Drafting standard operating procedures and tools for administering subsequent rounds of the MHPSS survey (next round planned for September/October 2021) including referral mechanisms following the survey.
6. Support the creation of an E-learning about “How to introduce MHPSS into Awareness Raising” using existing materials provided by IOM.
7. Provide MHPSS Training to Volunteer Led association in Sierra Leone. Travel will be covered.
8. Perform other related duties as required.
Deliverables (Dates to be adjusted based on the start date of the contract):
– MHPSS/MaM mainstreaming package updated (including enumerator briefing and survey interview)
– Mapping of available MHPSS services in the implementing countries and best practices in community-based psychosocial support activities
– Concept note for operational strategies to support the Volunteers own psychosocial wellbeing
Due Date 1: End of Month 1 (July)
– Recommendations on how to establish a clear referral mechanism for the 7 implementing countries
– Standard operating procedures for administering MHPSS survey
Due Date 2: End of Month 2 (August)
– Facilitate TOT session in Dakar and create report.
– E-learning draft 1
Due date 3:End of Month 3 (September)
– E-learning draft 2
– Desk review for the MHPSS study
– Facilitate training in Sierra Leone and create report on the training.
Due date 4: End of Month 4 (October)
– Final report summarizing work completed during consultancy
– E-learning completed
Due date 5:End of Month 5 (November)
Required Qualifications and Experience:
– Master’s Degree in Psychology (clinical, counselling), Counselling, Social Work (forensic or mental health) or a related field from an accredited academic institution
– Participation to IOM corporate MHPSS Academic programs in Psychosocial Interventions in Emergency and Displacement or similar will be considered an asset;
– Additional degree in Conflict Studies, Peacebuilding Studies, Anthropology an asset.
• Minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible professional work experiences in mental health and psychosocial support.
• Proven experience in strategic approaches for mainstreaming mental health and psychosocial support.
• Excellent report writing skills with proven track-record of producing reports or academic publications linked to the subject area of the project.
• Expertise and experience in qualitative data collection with vulnerable populations.
• Expertise and experience in training facilitation.
Fluency in French and English is required.
Knowledge of one other local language is an advantage.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
Women with the above qualifications are encouraged to apply.
The consultant will be locally recruited and must be preferably based in Dakar or alternatively in West Africa.
COMMENT POSTULER ?
DEPÔT DE CANDIDATURE :
Cliquez sur le lien suivant pour déposer votre Candidature