IOM: Call for Concept Notes for Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) in Nigeria
Deadline: 29 June 2018
IOM has launched a call for Concept Notes for registered Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) in Nigeria working on labour migration issues for the award of grants for implementation of the National Policy on Labour Migration Action Plan within the framework of the project.
Eligible institutions are hereby invited to submit Concept Notes on the below priority areas:
- Assessment of the protection of the rights of migrant workers in Nigeria and Nigerian Migrant workers in Saudi Arabia.
- Extension of labour inspection activity and labour law enforcement to sectors and workplaces where migrant workers may be present.
Any grant requested under this Call for Proposals must fall between the following minimum and maximum amounts:
- The minimum amount per grant: EUR 15,000
- Maximum amount per grant: EUR 25,000
IOM Nigeria shall only finance projects with a maximum duration of 6 months. The initial planned duration of an action may not be lower than 4 nor exceed 6 months.
The Projects shall be carried out in Nigeria and Saudi Arabia.
- The condition of Nigerian migrant workers in Saudi Arabia would have been understood.
- The numbers of Nigeria migrant workers in Saudi Arabia would have been ascertained.
- Labour inspection activity and labour enforcement would have been extended to sectors and workplaces of migrant works.
- Migrants would have been aware of their rights and obligations in Nigeria.
The projects can be carried out by one CSO or by a consortium of CSOs. Each CSO is eligible to submit one proposal.
- CSOs that are registered in Nigeria’s Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) that fall within the following definition: A non-profit voluntary organization established as a legal entity, having a non-commercial purpose, independent of local, regional and central government, public entities, political parties and commercial organisations.
- Applicants eligible to receive grants from the ‘EU-IOM Initiative on Migration Governance and Reintegration in Nigeria’ must be registered with Nigeria’s CAC.
Eligible institutions include, but are not restricted to:
- Non-governmental organizations
- Coalition of Organizations
- Migrants associations
How to Apply
The Concept Note, full proposal (for successful Concept Note applicants) and supporting documents must be submitted in a sealed envelope by private courier service or by hand delivery; (a signed and dated certificate of receipt will be given to the deliverer) at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit Call for Concept Notes.