IntraHealth recruits 01 Director, Financial Management and Administration
IntraHealth seeks a Director, Financial Management and Administration for the upcoming USAID Integrated District Health Activity in Senegal. The goal of Senegal Integrated District Health Activity is to improve health status and human capital in Senegal by strengthening systems at the district level, increasing access and quality of services and increasing participation among communities and other stakeholders.
The Director for Financial Management and Administration is a key member of the Activity’s leadership team, reporting to the Chief of Party. This position is responsible for providing fiscal leadership in the implementation of the project and ensuring project’s compliance with IntraHealth and USAID policies, rules and regulations. The Director, Financial Management and Administration is responsible for supervising the implementation of the financial systems of the project, project budgeting, financial monitoring, reporting, expenditure tracking and contractual responsibilities. This position will be the principal financial representative of the projects as well as coordinate the administrative and HR functions. This position is expected to develop the project financial plan, monitoring and reporting tools and systems that meet donor requirements and to manage project’s activities. The Director will provide oversight over all procurement and contracting activities and assure compliance with organizational and donor policies.
This position is contingent upon award and approval by USAID.
- Establish accounting and financial systems for the project in compliance with donor regulations, relevant Senegal legislation, and IntraHealth policies and procedures
- Document, maintain and ensure compliance with updated finance and administration policies for the project;
- Develop project procurement plans and ensure proper procurement policies and guidelines are followed
- Manage reconciliation of monthly expenditures of the bank accounts and the petty cash, manage all banking transactions including the use of mobile money
- Maintain payroll system including tracking benefits and allowances, ensuring compliance with all applicable tax withholding and remittance to local authorities
- Oversee the preparation of all vouchers and checks for approved core office expenditures
- Prepare and submit timely and accurate financial reports to IntraHealth and USAID as required
- Manage cash flow—including preparing and submitting funds requests to HQ
- Maintain general ledger and balance sheet accounts
- Prepare monthly budget pipeline reports, both actual and forecasts
- Oversee the timely completion and submission of the month-end closing accounting deliverables to HQ
- Maintain asset inventory and reports for projects
- Manage organizational risk and liability, particularly related to ensuring compliance with all relevant donor regulations and local laws;
- Conduct analyses of financial data to provide relevant information to project management team
- Provide strategic guidance and assistance in problem-solving to project leadership.
- Provide support to the internal audit team
- Responsible for the overall subaward management
- Supervise finance and administrative team staff
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s Degree strongly preferred, in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, or other relevant field of study;
- Minimum ten (10) years’ experience managing, in increasing roles of responsibility, finance, procurement, contracts management, logistics and/or human resource related matters for international development activities of similar dollar value ($35-45 million);
- At least five (5) years of supervisory experience;
- Mastery of USG financial reporting and compliance regulations and the Federal Acquisition Regulations;
- Demonstrated ability to set up and maintain accounting and financial management systems and ability to build and review budgets;
- Experience in managing donor funded procurements and subcontracts/grants with local and international partners;
- Demonstrated expertise in setting up and enforcing systems to prevent fraud, abuse, and waste;
- Extensive knowledge of US and local government laws and regulations;
- Fluent in French and strong oral and written communications skills in English, and ability to negotiate with partners, USAID and other donors;
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in team-based environment, supervise a professional team and ability to interact with a variety of technical, clinical and other specialists;
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel and accounting software;
- Proficiency using online financial systems and databases such as Quickbooks Desktop or Online;
- Excellent personal integrity and confidentiality.
- Professional qualification in CPA or ACCA will be an added advantage;
- Experience serving in a similar role on previous USAID cooperative agreement or contract in Senegal.
Closing on 9 October 2020
Pour postuler à ce poste veuillez visiter www.devex.com.