INTERSOS recrute 01 Medical Coordinator – Various locations
INTERSOS is an independent humanitarian organization that assists the victims of natural disasters, armed conflicts and exclusion. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and opportunities, respect for diversity and coexistence, paying special attention to the most vulnerable people.
Terms of reference
Job Title: Medical Coordinator
Duty station: Various locations
Starting date: 17/08/2020
Contract duration: According to needs
Reporting to: Head of Mission
Supervision of: //
General context of the project
According to mission
General purpose of the position
In close collaboration with the HoM and the Medical Department, defining and implementing the medical strategy of the mission. Being responsible for the planning and coordination of all medical activities and resources in the mission, according to INTERSOS charter, policies, and ethical principles with consideration of international and national protocols, in order to ensure the delivery of quality medical care for patients and their communities as well as to improve the health condition and humanitarian living conditions of the target population.
In the framework of our COVID-19 response intervention, supplementary activities related to infection prevention and control may be required.
Main responsibilities and tasks
- Responsible for defining, monitoring and updating the medical content of the INTERSOS country policy, medical strategy, annual plan and budget, translating the identified health needs into a medical strategic vision and project objectives, priorities and resources needed in order to cover the medical and humanitarian needs of the population at risk, and ensuring that the objectives and goals set in the Mission’s annual plan and project plans are achieved
- Overall responsible for the appropriateness and quality of medical interventions conducted by INTERSOS projects and being expected to identify and work on removing barriers to better patient safety, effective medical care, and better patient-centred activities
- Continuously monitor the medical and humanitarian needs in the Mission country in new areas of intervention or in areas where INTERSOS is already present through exploratory missions, monitor and review project proposals, determining necessary resources in order to define health and nutrition priorities and potential new programs to cover medical and humanitarian needs of the population at risk
- Coordinate with the Medical Referent for the validation of the project proposals he/her designs to be submitted to international donors and private foundation
- Responsible for the supervision and monitoring of the medical technical aspects, humanitarian needs and in coordination with the Logistics Coordinator, the material aspects of the programmes through regular field visits, analysing difficulties during the implementation and reporting deviations as they appear, in order to proactively provide the necessary solutions and achieve operational results
- In close collaboration with the HR Coordinator, participate in the planning, definition and sizing of the health-workforce in the mission and supervise the associated processes (recruitment, validation of medical staff, training/induction, evaluation, potential detection, development and internal / external communication). Coach and directly support the medical teams in the implementation of the medical activities making sure that internal protocols are respected as well as the ones of local Ministry and Health Department
- Responsible for defining and sizing other resources (pharmacy and medical equipment management in collaboration with logistics) and timelines, procedures and protocols. Ensuring preparation of all medical orders in collaboration with the Logistics Department and the submission of all medical purchase requests. Being accountable for the proper management of the pharmacy in the Mission, including projects. Provide reports on the mission’s evolution from the medical perspective, as required
- Represent INTERSOS before local medical authorities and guarantee constant presence and active participation to the health and nutrition coordination fora (clusters meetings, other technical coordination meetings) and keep regular contact with other counterparts in the mission (NGOs, local organizations, donors, authorities) in order to broaden the medical-humanitarian situation analysis, strengthening the impact of the medical intervention and supporting advocacy actions
- Responsible for medical data collection, analysis and reporting to HQ Medical Referent to ensure a proper monitoring of the program and, where needed, to adapt them to existing programs
Experience / Training
Required profile and experience
- Advanced university degree in medicine or other paramedical studies.
- Desirable specialization in Tropical Medicine or a degree in Public Health
- Minimum 3 years relevant work experience as Medical referent in the humanitarian sector especially in fragile and unstable environments
- Previous experience in epidemics’ management (measles, cholera, ebola…) is an asset
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet)
- Demonstrate experience with different donors compliance and reporting
- Leadership, people management and development
- Strong teamwork and cooperation capacities
- English or French. Preferably both
- Strategic vision
- Service orientation
- Commitment to INTERSOS principles
- Understanding of humanitarian operations principles, standards and best practices
How to apply
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates are invited to apply following the link below:
Please note that our application process is made of 3 quick steps: register (including your name, email, password, citizenship and Skype address), sign-up and apply attaching your CV and motivation letter in PDF format. Through the platform, candidates will be able to track their applications’ history with INTERSOS.
In case you encounter severe difficulties applying through the platform, you can send an email attaching your CV and motivation letter (both in PDF version) via email to email@example.com, with subject line: “Platform issue – SR—1490 – Medical Coordinator”.
Please also mention the name, position and contact details of at least two references, including the line manager during your last job. Family members are to be excluded.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.