INTERSOS recruits 01 Reproductive health referent – HQ
INTERSOS is an independent humanitarian organization that assists the victims of natural disasters, armed conflicts and exclusion. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and opportunities, respect for diversity and coexistence, paying special attention to the most vulnerable people.
Terms of reference
Job Title: REPRODUCTIVE HEALTH REFERENT
Duty station: 60% field, 40% HQ
Starting date: 30/09/2022
Contract duration: 6 month + 6 months
Reporting to: Head medical unit
Supervision of: Reproductive health activity manager
Dependents: Non-family duty station
General context of the project
INTERSOS is an International Humanitarian Organisation based in Rome. The organisational structure comprises the general director’s office, the Departments of Programmes, Finance, Logistics/ICT, Fundraising/Communication, Human Resources, and the Internal Audit office. INTERSOS is operational in 17 countries with over 2500 national and international staff worldwide.
INTERSOS assists the victims of natural disasters, armed conflicts, and exclusion. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and opportunities, respect for diversity and coexistence, and paying special attention to the most vulnerable people.
The present organisational structure of INTERSOS Programmes Department is made of a team of one Director of Programmes, Regional Directors, Deputy Regional Directors, a Protection team, the Medical Unit, and the Emergency Unit.
General purpose of the position
- Is part of the medical unit as technical focal person for sexual and reproductive health component.
- Develop a framework for SRH related activities at primary health care level.
- Support in building the capacities to improve the reproductive health package integrated with primary health care.
- Work in close collaboration with the Medical Unit to provide technical support to the missions and to ensure that reproductive health packages, including basic emergency obstetric and newborn care (BEmONC) respect international standards and are aligned with primary health activities.
Main responsibilities and tasks
- Ensure the implementation of SRHR policies, protocols, procedures, and guidelines designed and validated for sexual and reproductive health activities (antenatal care, postnatal care, management of GBV cases, family planning, vaccination, management of sexual transmitted diseases etc) to ensure minimum quality of standard of care
- Collaborate with the Medical Unit, logistics,HR and programme department to develop BEmONC capacity within INTERSOS programme
- Supporting procurement and management of reproductive health commodities and supplies in collaboration with Medical Unit and Logistic department
- Deliver the training package set for field staffs on sexual and reproductive health activities when needed
- Collaborate with Protection Unit to align SGBV activities with health programmes
- Collaborate with Medical Unit and HR department to guarantee the respect of standard Job Descriptions for SRH staffs
- Provide direct support to the field remotely and trough field visit for the implementation of INTERSOS policies, procedures, protocols and guidelines
- Provide technical input to review the reproductive health package for the local communities (including health promotion materials) Support in mapping international and/or regional reproductive health fora/subcluster/working groups
- Support the missions, medical unit and regions during the proposal design and writing when the reproductive health component is included
- Provide technical support during the design, implementation and reporting of a need assessment when the RH component is included in
- Facilitate INTERSOS mission, Regions and medical unit in the understanding of the best strategy related to reproductive health
- Mapping and identify all sectorial sub cluster or fora related to SRHR and participate as INTERSOS representative
Expériences / Formation
University degree in midwifery.
Minimum 3 years’ experience managing reproductive health programs in low resource/emergency settings
Practical experience in BEmONC (basic emergency obstetric and new-born care)Desirable clinical background and focus on Reproductive Health
English and French mandatory, Spanish desirable
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet)
- Analytical and creative thinking
- Results orientation
- Service orientation
- Initiative and innovation
- Teamwork and cooperation
- Commitment to INTERSOS principles
Interested candidates are invited to apply following the link below: https://www.intersos.org/posizioni-aperte/italia/#intersosorg-vacancies-italy/vacancy-details/62c3df45d6d89b001e3792ca
Please note that our application process is made of 3 quick steps: register (including your name, email, password, citizenship and Skype address), sign-up and apply by attaching your CV and motivation letter in PDF format. Through the platform, candidates will be able to track their applications’ history with INTERSOS. In case you encounter severe difficulties applying through the platform, you can send an email attaching your CV and motivation letter (both in PDF version) via email to email@example.com, with subject line: “Platform issue – SR-00-2633-Position”.
Please also mention the name, position and contact details of at least two references, including the line manager during your last job. Family members are to be excluded.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.