INTERSOS is an independent humanitarian organization that assists the victims of natural disasters, armed conflicts and exclusion. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and opportunities, respect for diversity and coexistence, paying special attention to the most vulnerable people.
Terms of reference
Job Title: Medical Programme Advisor
Duty station: 30% HQ; 70% field
Starting date: 01/02/2020
Contract duration: 12 months
Reporting to: Head of Medical Unit
Supervision of: n/a
General context of the project
The Medical Programme Advisor ensures programmatic and technical support to INTERSOS’s programmes. He/she is the technical focal point to provide appropriate and timely technical guidance especially in project proposal design and development, reviewing reports and developing strategies to ensure quality in the health activities conducted by INTERSOS in the field.
General purpose of the position
Collaborate to the overall coherence of the medical strategy and activities of the Organization. Support to the definition, implementation and monitoring of the medical strategy in order to ensure the delivery of quality medical care for patients and their communities as well as to improve the health condition and humanitarian living conditions of the target population.
Main responsibilities and tasks
- Conduct needs assessments and exploratory missions in new areas of intervention or in areas where INTERSOS is already present, in order to define health and nutrition priorities and potential new programs
- Contribute to design the technical part of project proposals to be submitted to international donors and private foundations and support the region in the proposal writing where the medical team is not qualified to do that
- In collaboration with the head of Medical Unit and Programs Department, plan, implement and monitor health & nutrition activities in line with established work plans and internal strategy
- Is responsible for supporting the mission in the implementation of the medical policies, strategies, guidelines, standards and tools validated by HQ
- Participate in the strategic decision-making platforms regarding programmes’ strategies and implementation
- In collaboration with the Logistics Department supervise an efficient management of pharmacy and medical equipment (including emergency stock), and monitor consumption, follow-up and preparation of medical orders
- Is responsible for medical data collection, analysis and reporting, to ensure a proper monitoring of the activities and to adapt them to existing programs. Ensure that medical data are collected, checked, analysed and interpreted
- In emergency interventions, monitor activities in different medical specialties, and provide technical support to medical personnel in the field
- Supervise, coordinate and train mission medical staffs in order to support and improve their performances and the knowledge of protocols and strategy, in order to strengthen health and nutritional component of programs
- Follow up specific dossiers and activities upon requests of Head of Medical Unit
Experience / Qualifications
Required profile and experience
- Degree in medical or paramedical (nurse or midwife) study.
- Master’ in public health and/or in humanitarian context and /or in tropical medicine is an added value
- At least 2 years working in health humanitarian projects field based
- At least one experience as coordinator or manager of health activities
- Good communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills;
- Previous experience in conducting need assessments
- Previous experience in proposal writing
- Fully proficient in written and spoken English and French. Italian is an added value
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work in team
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates are invited to apply following the link below:
Please note that our application process is made of 3 quick steps: register (including your name, email, password, citizenship and Skype address), sign-up and apply attaching your CV and motivation letter in PDF format. Through the platform, candidates will be able to track their applications’ history with INTERSOS.
In case you encounter severe difficulties applying through the platform, you can send an email attaching your CV and motivation letter (both in PDF version) via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with subject line: “Platform issue – SR-00-1352 – Medical Programme Advisor”.
Please also mention the name, position and contact details of at least two references, including the line manager during your last job. Family members are to be excluded.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.