Internships at the Canadian Centre for Architecture (CCA) 2016, ($2,500 CAD Monthly Stipend)
Application Deadline: 29 February 2016.
The Curatorial Internship Program is designed to share the CCA’s expertise with students and young professionals in architecture, the design disciplines, arts, humanities, and cultural studies who are interested in exploring editorial and curatorial fields in architecture. Selected candidates will have the opportunity to become acquainted with the CCA’s curatorial approach – in particular its collection, exhibitions, editorial projects and research programs – through a six- to nine-month internship beginning Fall 2016.
- Students and young professionals, born on or after the 1st of January 1986, are eligible for the annual curatorial internships program, regardless of citizenship and place of residence.
- The program provides a monthly stipend of $2,500 CAD over a period of six- to ninemonths, calculated to defray costs of living in Montreal (subject to the income tax laws of Canada and Québec).
- The length of individual internships will be determined in accordance with institutional strategies.
- The languages in use at the CCA are English and French.
- The internship is non-renewable
- Under the guidance of the Chief Curator, the interns will collaborate in the research for and preparation of exhibitions, publications, educational initiatives, public programs, and communications and collection activities.
Applications should be submitted through the CCA online application portal and consist of the following documents, in English or in French, in a single PDF file (5 MB maximum):
1. A critical analysis of 750 to 1,000 words of a CCA Collection object, event or exhibition;
2. A curriculum vitae detailing education, professional experience, working languages and any other relevant information;
3. Contact information for two academics or professionals who are familiar with the candidate and his/her work.
Only applications submitted through the online application portal will be accepted.
For More Information: