International Youth Summit Lahore (IYSL) 2017 (Funding Available)
Deadline: September 1, 2017
Applications are invited from young activists around the world for the International Youth Summit Lahore (IYSL) 2017. The summit which will take place from November 6 – 12, 2017 is with the theme ‘The Role of Youth in achieving Peace, Education and Sustainable Development’. 17 Sustainable development goals (SDGs) were drafted and agreed by the world leaders at the UN Summit in 2015 as a follow-up of the previous Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) with the goal to mobilize stakeholders in tackling global problems and creating a sustainable future for all. One of the main differences between the new SDGs and the previous MDGs is that they pay special attention to the call for global partnership in achieving all the goals with the belief that only joint efforts of governments, business and civil sector can bring a sustainable change.
The SDGs have embraced a corner principle of Global Diplomacy that states that any effort needs to be multi-level oriented and heterogeneously participated. No matter, if we talk about peace, education or sustainable development of our communities, cross-sectoral, cross-country cooperation is essential if we want to achieve long lasting results for present and future youth generation to live in a better, more peaceful and sustainable world. During the Summit, participants will look into the ways to strengthen cooperation and joint efforts to co-create sustainable development in the areas of education and peace.
- The conference has no Fee;
- Food, Accommodation and Local transport are covered by the organisers. Delegates are responsible for their airfare to and from Pakistan. (Airfare may be sponsored in few and very special cases).
- Open to young activists, professionals, young entrepreneurs, representatives of NGOs, academics, and journalists are eligible for applying to be a part of the summit. The call is open to participants from around the world;
- Applicants should be between 18 – 35 years (Flexibility regarding the age limit will be decided on a case by case basis by the Organizing Committee);
- You do not have to be a native English speaker, however, the IYSL is conducted in English so basic understanding or oral and written English is required.
Interested applicants are required to complete an online application form.
For more information, visit IYSL 2017.