International Republican Institute: Request for Applications for Small Grant Program
Deadline: 3 January 2019
The International Republican Institute (IRI) is seeking applications from eligible organizations for its small grant program that seeks to build resilience to violent extremism.
Ideal project concepts will include innovative approaches that focus on improving access to the decision-making process, existing government policies, government representatives, and other democratic channels for grievance redress. Successful projects should focus on raising awareness of peaceful channels for recourse among marginalized populations but also general awareness of ways in which the government and non-government actors are proactively seeking to mitigate violent extremism and ethno-nationalist extremism vulnerabilities.
Strong applications will clearly identify a driver of violent extremism in their community or a factor of resilience to violent extremism in their community. They will also propose a plan to address or research the driver or improve or research the factor they identify.
The total amount budgeted for this project must be between $3,000- $7,000 USD.
Period of Performance
Dates variable; projects should begin no earlier than January 1, 2019 and end no later than July 31, 2019.
- Organizations, informal groups, and individuals located in Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo, Macedonia, Montenegro, and/or Serbia are eligible for funding.
- Organizations that have relatively little experience receiving funding from foreign donors are particularly encouraged to apply.
Statement of Work
- Successful applications clearly either
- Identify and present a plan to address or research a driver of violent extremism, OR
- Identify and present a plan to improve or research a factor of resilience to violent extremism.
- At the beginning of the grant period, awardees will work with IRI to develop strategic indicators.
- Awardees will meet with IRI staff (via telephone, Skype, or other agreed method) once per month for the duration of the grant period. At these meetings awardees will provide updates on implementation and data collection.
- Deliverables will include:
- Submission of a work plan
- A mid-term assessment report (using IRI-provided template) due roughly halfway through the grant period
- A final assessment (using IRI-provided template) due within 30 days of the end of the grant period.
- Applicants may propose additional deliverables.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted via email at the address given on the website with the subject line “RFA EUROPE2018BiH24o”.
Eligible Countries: Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo, Macedonia, Montenegro, and Serbia.
For more information, please visit https://www.iri.org/sites/default/files/wysiwyg/europe2018bih24o-rfa_small_grants_final.pdf