International Medical Corps is a global humanitarian nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief and development programs.
Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, nonpolitical, nonsectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in areas worldwide. By offering training and health care to local populations and medical assistance to people at high risk, and with the flexibility to respond rapidly to emergency situations, International Medical Corps rehabilitates devastated health care systems and helps bring them back to self-reliance.
To lead an effective Regional HR team and to provide leadership and guidance to support all aspects of Country Program HR processes by ensuring quality standards in HR are developed and maintained in tandem with the global HR strategy.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Lead the HR Business Partnership Unit and implementation of global HR initiatives to Country Programs
- Manage the internal client relationship with Country teams and ensure a high level of customer satisfaction using problem solving ability, negotiation skills, responsiveness and continual communication
- Provide HR operational and strategic support to build capacity of Country HR teams
- Coordinate, analyze and report HR performance to Senior Management as required
- Support the resourcing of HR emergency roster from regional and field based talent
- Lead talent identification, career development activities, capacity assessment and employee development in Country programs
- Assist local HR staff in implementation of global HR policies and processes
- Provide in country technical support to HR staff, coaching with focus on issues related to workplace relations, performance management, leadership development and conflict management
- Demonstrate an ongoing commitment to continuous improvement HR processes and systems in Country Programs
- Assists in HR employee relations/safeguarding investigations
- Maintains high standards of confidentiality of all employee records and information
Code of Conduct
It is our shared responsibility and obligation to prevent matters involving Sexual Exploitation & Abuse, Trafficking in Persons, Child Safeguarding and any suggested violation to our Code of Conduct, which may involve Conflicts of Interest, Fraud, Corruption or Harassment. If you see, hear or are made aware of any suggested activities then you have an obligation to report.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 10+ years HR experience
- Leadership & experience in building effective teams
- Project management skills
- Organizational and financial acumen
- Ability to drive for results
- Innovative thinking
- Strong technical knowledge of human resources practices
- Strong interpersonal and customer relations skills
- INGO and field experience
- Location: Africa, Middle East or European Time Zone
International Medical Corps is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion,sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran.