Head Office – Sandton, GT ZA (Primary)
IDC INTERNSHIP PROGRAMME – 2016/17
The Industrial Development Corporation of South Africa Limited (the IDC) is a self-financing, state-owned national development finance institution which provides finance for industrial development projects, playing a catalytic role in promoting partnerships across industries within and outside our borders, promoting regional economic growth.
IDC does this by:
• Proactively identifying and funding of high-impact and labour-intensive projects;
• Leading the creation of viable new industries;
• Using our diverse industry expertise to drive growth in priority sectors; and
• Taking up higher-risk funding projects.
The IDC is contributing towards skills development by providing graduates with opportunities to gain work experience in various skills areas. IDC is therefore inviting applications for an Internship programme which will run for a period of 18 months. Interns will be placed nationally within the IDC (Head Office & Regions).
- Applicants must be South African Citizens
- Applicants must be between the age of 18 and 25 years
- Must be able to speak and write English
- Applicants must be unemployed
- Not be studying at any other institution
- Applicant must not be registered or have been on any Learnership or Internship Programme
- All applicants must have a completed Qualification
|Region||Field of study||Number of Interns required|
|Head Office||BCom Accounting or Auditing||4|
|Head Office||Human Resources Diploma /Degree or related||4|
|Head Office||Electrical Engineering||1|
|Head Office||Media Studies and Communication Degree/Diploma||1|
|Head Office||BCom degree or diploma in Procurement or related||2|
|Head Office||Diploma Business Administration||2|
|Head Office||Business Administration Diploma or Events management||2|
|Head Office||Financial Management Diploma/Degree||5|
|Eastern Cape (PE)||BCom Accounting or Auditing||2|
|Eastern Cape (PE)||Business Administration Diploma||1|
|Eastern Cape (Umtata)||BCom Accounting or Auditing||1|
|Eastern Cape (East London)||BCom Accounting or Auditing||2|
|Free State||BCom Accounting or Auditing||1|
|Northern Cape (Kimberly)||BCom Accounting or Auditing||1|
|Northern Cape (Kimberly)||Business Administration Diploma||1|
|Northern Cape (Upington)||BCom Accounting or Auditing||1|
|Northern Cape (Upington)||Business Administration Diploma||1|
|Western Cape||BCom Accounting or Auditing||2|
|Limpopo||BCom Accounting or Auditing||2|
|Limpopo||Business Administration Diploma||1|
|Mpumalanga||BCom Accounting or Auditing||3|
|North West (Brits)||BCom Accounting or Auditing||2|
|North West (Rustenburg)||BCom Accounting or Auditing||1|
|North West (Mahikeng)||BCom Accounting or Auditing||1|
|KZN (DBN)||BCom Accounting or Auditing||2|
|KZN (PMB)||BCom Accounting or Auditing||1|
- Closing date for applications is 22 January 2016.
- Candidates will be required to undergo the competency based interviews. The following checks will be conducted, Criminal Record checks, verification of educational qualification and proof of South African citizenship.
- Successful candidates will be required to sign a 18 months fixed term employment contract.
- If you don’t hear from IDC after 3 weeks from the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
For More Information: