IFRC recruits 01 Manager, Corporate Services
The purpose of this position is to lead a unit which ensures the smooth operation of cluster corporate services in a coordinated manner, while supporting the national society development agenda.
The incumbent is responsible to oversee the planning, management and monitoring of available resources to deliver on agreed activities for Finance, Administration, Human Resources, Legal, Information Technology and Digital Transformation, Logistics and Procurement, Business Continuity and Security for the Country Cluster Delegation.
The position holder will ensure a well-managed team while promoting a culture of performance and continuous learning, and contribute to the effective coordination with technical units within the structure of the Regional office and other IFRC offices.
The position holder will act as a trusted advisor to the Head of Country Cluster Delegation in matters pertaining to areas of responsibilities.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Coordination of Support Services
- Ensure overall organizational coherence and coordination, proper risk management, compliance, and oversight.
- Lead the development of meaningful corporate systems, programs, policies and tools, the effective delivery of corporate services and the efficient provision of administrative support within the Cluster Office.
- Support and supervise staff, provide them with needed guidance to ensure they achieve desired results in their duties and responsibilities.
- Act as a technical support, advisor to the National Societies supported by the Country Cluster delegation on corporate services functions. Ensure regular activities around capacity enhancement is carried in coordination with National Societies.
Service Delivery and Improvement
- Oversee the contracting of an independent high quality legal advisor to support the needs of the Country Cluster Delegation.
- Oversee the effective implementation of IFRC’s business continuity policy and ensure coordination and alignment to the global policy while considering national contexts and legal frameworks.
- Responsible for the planning, management and monitoring of the Business Continuity plan. Advise and support National Societies in the realm of Business Continuity as needed.
- Ensure that all IFRC structures and operations in the office and areas of operation are compliant with the
- Minimum-Security Requirements (MSR). Provide adequate protection for all personnel, assets, and operations under IFRC responsibility by ensuring all identified safety and security threats are prevented or mitigated.
- Ensure that comprehensive and effective 24/7 security management has a positive impact on operational practices. Ensure that all security management procedures and policies in place are adequately developed.
Human Resource Management
- Oversee the establishment of a cohesive approach to all aspects of human resources management – including talent acquisition and management, staff development, HR analytics and reporting, performance, learning and development, compensation and benefits, and compliance.
- Provide overall supervision to the Human Resources Staff; Senior Officer, Corporate Services (Finance and Human Resources).
- Contribute to the understanding, implementation and adherence to human resource policies and procedures and to the IFRC competency framework.
- Ensure timely renewal of staff contracts, performance evaluations, updating of National Staff Regulations, annexes, policies, recruitment processes, Cost of Living Adjustment (COLA) revision and salary survey if required.
- Provide timely, accurate and appropriate advice to managers and staff in relation to human resource management issues.
- Supervise the effective induction of new staff, including completion of appropriate payroll and other documentation.
- Ensure that effective and confidential record-keeping and data management systems are implemented in relation to staff files, occupational health & safety, workers compensation & rehabilitation, performance review and development, and training and development
Financial management and analysis
- Ensure all IFRC regular financial transactions, cash management and its documentation are made in a timely manner in accordance with current IFRC guidelines, policies, and regulations.
- Together with Programme Managers and regional finance colleagues, prepare, revise and update IFRC-funded project budgets.
- Prepare Financial Reports to donors, including the balancing of accounts, handover notes etc.
Job Duties and Responsibilities (continued)
- Ensure project agreement are in place for the cash transfer system, with clear budget breakdown, project plan, implementation timeframe, and reporting deadlines.
- Monitor cash requests and analysis vs project agreement signed.
- Together with IFRC Regional Office in Nairobi, manage Cash Pledges and reporting to donors.
- Ensure donor and IFRC guidelines are strictly adhered to in programme implementation.
- Ensure efficient financial communication and coordination with IFRC Regional Office.
- Ensure highest standards of financial reporting.
- Support the improvement of NS finances performance management.
- Monitor program income, expenses and fund balances and update Head of Delegation.
- Ensure internal control systems (IFRC policies on financial accountability, transparency, anti-corruption are followed in financial management and reconciliation of bank accounts, cash and NS/PNS/delegates advances, cash control and budgetary control etc.)
- Supervise implementation of internal control deficiencies or performance improvement observations resulting from external and internal audit reports and provide timely updates to the regional office and to OIAI.
- Responsible for identifying risks within their work area, monitoring the development of the risks, and implementing risk responses or escalating when necessary.
- Ensure effective and efficient provision of administrative services (meetings and conferences, translation and interpreting, archiving, insurance, travel, building and office).
- Supervise the Senior Officer, Corporate Services (Admin, IT and Logistics).
- Develop and maintain clear & efficient administrative procedures aligned with IFRC processes and procedures.
- Provide timely administrative services to IFRC delegates and to PNSs as required under Integration/Service Agreements
- Coordinate effective information management systems, including filing (electronic and hard copy), library resources, guidelines, policies, databases, and correspondence.
- Effective management of all contracts, agreements, MOUs and other legal documents.
Information Technology and Digital Transformation
- Support the delivery of Secretariat digital business transformation as well as a high-quality IT infrastructure and telecommunications services, collaboration, and coherence on delivering the Federation´s digital transformation strategy at membership level in close cohesion with the Regional Office IT Colleagues.
- Ensure timely preparation and generation of information products such as infographics, dashboards and maps for information sharing and dissemination to stakeholders.
Supply Chain Management
- Lead overall coordination and management of supply chain activities while ensuring that resources are in line with the Federation´s GLS strategy. Ensure that procurement objectives are met and optimize service quality and cost/commercial effectiveness.
- Co-ordinate and manage country-level logistics support in-line with IFRC standards, practices & procedures using most optimal and cost effective sourcing options.
- Lead co-ordination for logistics services delivery to partners and services users, avoiding duplication, and focusing on the provision of aid to the vulnerable.
- Supervise local procurement, ensuring compliance with IFRC procurement procedures requisitions, local tendering, comparative bid analysis, awarding of contract, and maintain records to full audit trail standard.
- Ensure IFRC fleet management meets IFRC standard requirements
- Master´s degree in management, public administration, business administration, international relations, law, finance, HR, logistics or other relevant field of study; or a first-level university degree combined with extensive relevant experience.
- Qualification or certification in accounting/financial management preferred
- Qualification or certification in project management preferred
- At least 7 years of experience managing multi-disciplined and complex teams.
- Strong experience working in a multicultural environment.
- Experience in two or more areas of Corporate Services (including Finance, Administration, Human Resources, Legal, IT and Digital Transformation, Logistics and Procurement, Business Continuity and Security).
- Experience with the Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement preferred
- Experience within the humanitarian/development field preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Language
- Leadership skills.
- Professional credibility, strong analytical skills, and ability to work at various levels of complexity.
- Communication, networking, and representation skills.
- Proven ability to motivate and manage a team.
- Strategic analysis, systematic planning, and implementation skills and ability to translate strategy into reality.
- Excellent collaborative and teamwork skills.
- Highly organized and results oriented and self-motivated.
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills and ability to negotiate while maintaining effective working relations.
- Demonstrates the highest standards of ethical behaviour
- Self-supporting in computers
- Fluent spoken and written French and English.
- Good command of Portuguese or other IFRC official languages (Spanish, or Arabic)
- Proficiency in the local languages is an added advantage
Competencies and Values
- Values: Respect for diversity; Integrity; Professionalism; Accountability.
- Core competencies: Communication; Collaboration and teamwork; Judgement and decision making; National
- society and customer relations; Creativity and innovation; Building trust.
- Functional competencies: Leadership; Empowering others
- Managerial competencies: Managing staff performance and development
Closing date: 21 September 2022.