IFRC recruits 01 Intern, Health Research
The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC)
Intern, Health Research
Posting Start Date:30-Aug-2022
Duty Station:Central Africa Country Cluster, Yaounde
Duty Station Status:N/A
The Health Research Intern will be focus on:
– Redaction of scientific of three projects: ( community epidemic & pandemic preparedness program) CP3 , (engaging nomadic population on polio immunization )BMGF and COVID 19 based on lesson learn from the programs;
Job Duties and Responsibilities
The Health Research intern
The Health Research Intern will primarily support the development of lesson learnt activities of the various health programs .
The intern will: Engage with National Societies and key experts to secure their inputs and involvement in redaction process.
Set up key informant interviews.
Support in the coordination of contributions from the various partners involved.
Support desktop research
Job Duties and Responsibilities (continued)
Support with fact checking and editing of draft report text.
Support in consolidating and presenting relevant data.
Work collaboratively with the relevant IFRC Research and health focal points.
Support planning for production of report, key documents and assets.
Support planning for communications as well as organization of events.
The intern will also support other functions of the health programs
Enrolment in, or completion of an advanced university degree (master’s or equivalent) in international development, political science, humanitarian action, health policy , or related field.
Master degree in public health or other health field related to research
Experience in research or documenting COVID-19 experiences
Experience of working in an office environment
Work or volunteer experience in the international humanitarian sector and/or public health research desirable (i.e. United Nations or NGOs
Good understanding of the humanitarian environment, strong analytical skills and capacity to translate analysis into strategy and planning
Experience in proposal development, report writing, and developing budgets
Experience of report writing (narrative and financial)
Experience of working for the Red Cross/Red Crescent in particular working with National Societies
Knowledge about the humanitarian sector, disaster management and health programming
Knowledge, Skills and Language
Strong coordination and time-management skills
Strong research analysis and writing skills
Proven good judgment and ability to work with complete integrity and confidentiality.
Able to work on own initiative and solve problems
Ability to work within a multi-cultural, multilingual, multidisciplinary environment
Self-supporting in computers (Windows, spreadsheets, word-processing, other statistical software)
Fluent in written and spoken English and French
Competencies and Values
Values: Respect for diversity; Integrity; Professionalism; Accountability.
Core competencies: Communication; Collaboration and teamwork; Judgement and decision making; National society and customer relations; Creativity and innovation; Building trust.
Functional competencies: Strategic orientation; Building alliances; Leadership; Empowering others
Please bear in mind the following important facts when submitting your application:
• Interns are not entitled to a salary or benefits from the Federation
• The Federation will provide the intern with a transport allowance
• Interns are not eligible for payment of overtime
• Interns are solely responsible for making their own logistical arrangements (visa, travel, accommodation, insurance, etc.) as well as for their cost prior to starting the internship
• The IFRC accepts no responsibility to provide medical insurance, or for costs arising from accidents and illness incurred during the internship. Interns are required to provide a copy of their health and accident insurance certification