IFC recruits 01 Portfolio Manager, MAS, West, Central & Southern Africa
Duties and Accountabilities
- Ensure the timeliness and quality of complex portfolio actions (such as restructuring, equity sale, loan conversion) as well as regular waivers and amendments.
- In coordination with the MAS Global Equity Head and equity investment leads, contribute to the active management of the MAS equity portfolio focused on value add as well as equity sales that ensure successful exits.
- Perform regular asset valuations and make recommendations on loan loss reserves and write-downs.
- Coordinate as relevant with CSO on rescheduling and restructuring situations.
- Ensure timely, accurate and “value added” regular monitoring and reporting on the portfolio; provide early warning for assets at risk.
- Organize and lead regular loan and equity asset review meetings in coordination with the Regional Industry Director for the region.
- Supervise compliance with IFC financial, environmental, legal and other requirements.
- Provide quality control to compliance reporting and to portfolio transactions like rights issues, term modifications and directorship nominations.
- Provide portfolio management leadership for the West, Central & Southern Africa MAS team, in close coordination with the regional and global MAS teams.
- Provide leadership in the introduction and development of profitability management for the West, Central & Southern Africa MAS portfolio.
- Contribute the portfolio perspective to strategy development for IFC’s MAS business in the West, Central & Southern Africa region, in partnership with the regional and industry management and with relevant World Bank Group colleagues.
- Contribute to Knowledge Management through relevant Lessons Learned from the portfolio and maintain feedback loops from portfolio to New Business.
- Work closely with the MAS new business teams to create value for IFC’s MAS clients in the West, Central & Southern Africa region.
- Manage selected MAS client relationships and ensure a high level of client satisfaction.
- Jointly with the Portfolio Manager for West, Central and Southern Africa, lead and manage the MAS portfolio team, and ensure the team is high-performing, well-motivated and committed to the success of IFC.
- Staff portfolio projects with the appropriate teams from the regional and global MAS resources with the view to deploy best technical expertise and provide best possible client service, while keeping in mind career and training development needs of IFC staff.
- Be part of and actively contribute to the West, Central & Southern Africa Leadership Team as well as the Global MAS Management Team.
- MBA or equivalent professional qualification and a minimum of 12 to 15 years relevant work experience (at least 2 of which must have been in a managerial or leading capacity).
- Familiarity with several sectors related to agribusiness & forestry, chemicals & fertilizers, construction materials, health & education, machinery, manufacturing, tourism, retail, and property.
- Experience sourcing and structuring complex investment transactions in the MAS sector with a proven track record and proven success in developing client relationships and processing quality investments.
- Awareness of environmental and social sustainability issues usually associated with projects in MAS.
- Strong sense of service to clients and demonstrated business development and portfolio aptitude. Proven success in developing client relationships and monitoring quality investments.
- Ability to deliver high quality work within deadlines to meet team objectives.
- Good “deal sense” based on demonstrated strong analytical skills and sound business judgment.
- Ability to develop innovative solutions and challenges the status quo in order to build the business.
- Excellent people management skills and openness to feedback; new ideas and ability to guide staff to solutions to problems.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to work in the matrix as an integral part of the Regional Industry Department.
- Ability to collaborate closely with other parts of the World Bank Group and other MFIs and financing institutions and banks.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and strong team work and communications in a highly diverse, virtual environment.
- Ability to plan and manage staff to achieve high quality results and encourage innovation in an open team-based environment, inspiring trust and influencing and resolving differences across organizational boundaries.
- Meet Bank Group-wide managerial selection criteria including courage of your convictions, leading the team for impact, influencing across boundaries, fostering openness to new ideas, building talent for the future.
Application deadline: 24 May 2022.Postuler