|IFC recruits 01 Facilities and Administration Officer|
Description de l’offre
Facilities and Administration Officer
Job : req11662
Term Duration: 3 years 0 months
Recruitment Type: Local Recruitment
Required Language(s): English
Preferred Language(s): French
Closing Date: 5/9/2021 (MM/DD/YYYY) at 11:59pm UTC
IFC—a member of the World Bank Group—is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. We work in more than 100 countries, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in developing countries.
In fiscal year 2020, we invested $22 billion in private companies and financial institutions in developing countries, leveraging the power of the private sector to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity. For more information, visit …
IFC’s Budget & Administration Department (CBA) is part of the Corporate Strategy and Resources Vice Presidency and plays a significant role in achieving IFC’s mission. Department responsibilities include business strategy formulation, budgeting, investment support, reporting & analytics, administration, procurement, real estate, facilities management, and global security, among others.
CBA has the mandate to connect the dots across the organization and bring insight and consistency to the IFC’s resource management function.
Within CBA is the IFC’s Real Estate, Facilities Management, and Procurement unit (CBARE), which is responsible for the IFC’s corporate real estate, facilities management, security services oversight, real estate capital budgeting, and procurement function. The Global Real Estate and Facilities Management team (CBAFM) resides within CBARE and is a global network of real estate professionals focused on the strategic management of a portfolio of owned and leased properties across 6 continents, in over 100 locations, and with more than 2.2 million square feet of space under management.
The IFC leases multiple offices in Dakar, Senegal and is currently constructing an owned facility into which those facilities will consolidate.
The new building under construction is a 6,200m² facility on land owned by the IFC, and when complete will be a “net-zero” environmental impact facility, a first of its kind in the IFC, the World Bank Group, the nation of Senegal, and the African continent.
The Facilities Manager role supports IFC offices in making real estate and office planning decisions, with emphasis on the needs of IFC’s business and with a balanced approach to corporate planning objectives and local facility business requirements. In addition, s/he prepares budget approval requests and facilitates IFC’s internal processes.
The Facility Manager role will reside within the CBAFM team, will be based in Dakar, Senegal, and will report to the CBAFM leader, based in Washington, DC, USA.
The Facility Manager will maintain responsibility for the operation and management of the current and future facilities in Dakar, Senegal, with additional responsibilities to include real estate and facilities management engagement and work across the North Africa region, as well as other locations as required and/or assigned.
Role and Responsibilities
The Facility Manager will:
• Assist the current Project Manager in the construction of the new facility, with a focus on the technical requirements and infrastructure of the building, to support and maintain the same going forward through occupancy
• Lead the terms and conditions of any service contracts or contractors (e.g. building management teams) for operations and maintenance, including preventive maintenance schedules for building equipment
• Oversee document management of all building manuals, operating instructions, and insurance requirements
• Receive and attend to all facilities-related issues in an organized, communicative, and visible manner, providing status and follow-up documentation
• Coordinate job responsibilities with the on-site World Bank Group Security Officer and interact with Corporate Security and EMT
• Monitor the performance of the Facilities Helpdesk as operated by the FM Services Contractor, reporting, tracking, and resolving occupants’ facilities-related needs
• Lead an asset program for IFC-owned furniture, equipment, fixtures, and vehicles
• Coordinate with the Regional Finance Controller for required building management purchases using corporate procurement guidelines; provide support as needed to Finance Budget and Procurement teams
• Review all contractor invoices and recommend for payment by the Dakar-based Finance Officer, providing monthly building management budget and expense reports to the CBAFM team
• Develop building management cost estimates for submission in annual budgets
• Develop technical and statement of work specifications for any additional contracted building and equipment maintenance services and participate in the evaluation/selection of bidders responding to RFIs, RFPs, or other contract procurement processes as needed ensuring compliance with the World Bank Group’s procurement standards for larger facilities purchases and contracts
• Provide architectural and equipment background and data as needed for design and construction of interior renovations, to ensure alignment with building systems, equipment, finish standards, and for with fire, and life-safety codes
• Maintain a working portfolio of local and international firms/contractors to be solicited for relevant maintenance and/or procurement needs
• Maintain annual seat counts in the Dakar facilities
• Lead procedures for all fire, life-safety, and security programs, including periodic inspections and staff emergency drills (conducted in coordination with the Country Security Specialist)
• Assist in (re)negotiations of Leases, subleases, and MoUs as needed
• Lead administrative tasks including but not limited to procurement of certain non-facilities related goods and services, recruitment of local consultants and temporary staff/firms, contract management, and first-level SAP approvals
• Supervise office-contracted drivers, including training and medical examinations
• Provide support to the IFC Sustainability team
• Manage in-house and outsourced technical, maintenance, and cleaning vendors
• Ensure all IFC-owned building infrastructure equipment is maintained per recommended schedules and in accordance with manufacturers’ recommendations, broad of but not limited to: UPSs, HVAC systems, elevators, generators, electrical, voltage stabilizers, plumbing, fire detection/alarm/suppression systems, security and access control equipment
• Participate in development of technical and statement of work specifications for contracted building and equipment maintenance services and participate in the evaluation and selection of bidders
• Schedule and oversee contracted vendors regarding engineering operations, inspections, and preventative maintenance, including all fire/life-safety programs
• Coordinate required building management purchases with local Resource Management Officer using Corporate Procurement guidelines
• Lead an asset program for furniture, equipment, and fixtures, conducting an annual physical inventory, providing updated information for entry into the asset management database
• Initiate annual asset disposal related to facilities out-of-order or junk items in coordination with the local management team
• Coordinate and manage internal moves in coordination with local IT staff
• Bachelor of Arts/Science in relevant field (real estate, interior design & architecture, facilities management, project management, engineering, or similar)
• 5-8 years of relevant experience
• Licensed/Certified Architect/Professional Engineer/Project Manager/Real Estate Professional/Facilities Professional/Project Management Professional is desired plus but not essential
• Interpersonal, communication, and listening skills, with an excellent sense of client orientation and a drive for results
• Excellent interpersonal skills in English and French, both verbal and written
• Knowledge and experience with MS Office and AutoCAD (or equivalent) is essential; knowledge of MS Project or equivalent project tracking software is desirable
• Willingness to be available on a 24/7 basis in case of a major emergency, system breakdown, or security issue
• Willingness to travel regionally and/or internationally as needed
Demonstrated ability to:
• Effectively and efficiently lead multiple and/or complex operational issues under minimum supervision
• Respectfully connect with internal clients in the office and the IFC headquarters, at all levels, as well as with local government authorities regarding licenses, permits etc.
• Identify maintenance priorities based on condition surveys
• Supervise maintenance tasks to meet the requirements of legislation, quality and Service Level Agreement requirements including corrective, preventive and predictive maintenance
• Report on issues and risks identified through maintenance tasks
• Assess a facility’s need for building systems and recommend policies
• Determine and administer the allocation of building systems’ resources
• Evaluate the performance of grounds and exterior elements
• Monitor the performance of a Facilities Helpdesk that is operated by an FM Services Contractor
• Support corrective, preventive, and predictive maintenance efforts
• Maintain strong regular communication with internal clients, including presentations
• Conduct site evaluation and selection for office relocations, expansions, contractions, or new locations
• Create budget evaluation and fit-out building cost estimation (order of magnitude)
• Lead construction and interior fit-out projects
• Participate in testing and implementation of (when necessary), emergency procedures and disaster recovery plans
• Lead outsourced building facilities staff and other teams to deliver integrated services
• Participate in the development and implementation of training programs for Facilities staff and ancillary resources
Poverty has no borders, neither does excellence. We succeed because of our differences and we continuously search for qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds from around the globe.
|COMMENT POSTULER ?|
Apply online to this job :