IFAD recrute 01 Programme Officer
The International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) is an international financial institution and a specialized United Nations agency dedicated to eradicating rural poverty and hunger. It does so by investing in rural people. IFAD finances programmes and projects that increase agricultural productivity and raise rural incomes, and advocates at the local, national and international level for policies that contribute to rural transformation.
The Programme Management Department (PMD), under the leadership of an Associate Vice-President, is responsible for the overall programme of loans and grants of the Fund and is composed of five (5) regional divisions and the Operational Policy and Results Division (OPR).
The Programme Officer works under the overall policy and management guidance and direct supervision of a Country Director (P-4/P-5) or Country Director/Head of IFAD Multi-Country Office (CD/Head of MCO).
The position is located in West and Central Africa Division (WCA), in Dakar, Senegal and the incumbent works under the direct supervision of Country Director/Head of MCO Dakar.
The Programme Officer is responsible for coordinating programmes and/or projects within the assigned portfolio.
The Programme Officer provides support to country portfolios in the Dakar MCO (i.e., Cabo Verde, The Gambia, Guinea Bissau, Guinea Conakry, Mali, Mauritania, and Senegal).
Key Functions and Results
- Country Strategy and Country Programme Support: The Programme Officer provides a solid understanding of international practices and of IFAD’s policies and procedures to ensure activities of a programme or project within her/his assigned portfolio enhance the related technical quality of IFAD activities within the relevant country, through effective programme (COSOP) and project (grants and loans) design, supervision, implementation, monitoring and evaluation (RIMS), reporting (PSR) and completion (PCR) activities. S/he also provides substantive contributions to the development of advice and technical guidance in support of sustainable government strategies, policies and programmes to improve agricultural development and rural poverty reduction. The Programme Officer is further accountable for capacity-building activities including identifying, analyzing, documenting, harmonizing and disseminating both national and local issues as well as conditions and best practices and lessons learned among partner development agencies. Capacity-building activities include coordinating meetings, workshops and seminars with project management teams, government, partners and other stakeholders.
- Country Office Support: The Programme Officer is accountable for day-to-day administration and reporting in support of the Supervisor and for supervision of assigned Country Programme Associate/Assistant. In addition to human resources management, s/he has accountability for financial and material resources and related processes including managing contracts for services. S/he provides inputs to budget preparation and monitors expenditures, manages contract completion and certifies payments.
- Support to Partnership building: As a key PMD team member, the Programme Officer enhances IFAD’s relationships and collaborations with in-country counterparts by identifying synergies and proposing coordinated strategies with multilateral/bilateral donors and civil society organizations involved in agricultural development and rural poverty reduction. S/he establishes and maintains counterpart contacts to promote programme and project collaboration and harmonization as well as identifies financing opportunities with other donors.
- Policy Development /Knowledge Management: The Programme Officer participates in relevant policy meetings and events of interest to IFAD’s target groups and which involve the government, donors, and civil society, including NGOs, to develop an enabling environment for sustainable, pro-poor development. From an international best practices perspective, s/he analyzes evidenced based recommendations from projects to link the realities on the ground and the voices of the poor with the policies and programmes of the government. S/he contributes to IFAD’s policy intelligence with regular updates and information exchange with her/his supervisor on relevant policy discussions and ensures a continuous knowledge flow with peers in accordance with the knowledge management mechanism in place. This will serve to enhance the empowerment of the rural poor and disadvantaged so that they can enter into partnerships at all levels of policy dialogue.
- Managerial Functions: The Programme Officer is accountable for integrity, transparency, and equity in the management of IFAD resources.
The Programme Officer:
- Supports implementation of regional portfolio (RLO, Grants, etc.)
- Supports partnerships with bilateral/multilateral co-financiers, climate finance providers, and other strategic partnerships – including the private sector;
- Liaises with IFAD’s Independent Office of Evaluation (IOE) and Research and Impact Assessment Division (RIA) on country evaluations and M&E support, i.e. Project Completion Reports (PCRs), the Annual Report on Results and Impact of IFAD Operations (ARRI) and the Report on IFAD’s Development Effectiveness (RIDE).
Key Performance Indicators
- The Programme Officer maintains the standards for IFAD’s competence in development in her/his assigned portfolio. S/he has demonstrated technical expertise and credibility in portfolio management and creates the foundation for IFAD’s capacity and reputation for programme delivery and enhances its recognition as a reliable development partner. S/he provides substantive support in the development of country strategy, project design, partnership building and policy development and the foundation for enhancing sustainable government strategies and policies to improve the livelihoods of the poor and other disadvantaged groups.
In the context of programme development and delivery, the Programme Officer ensures the exchange of information, advocates for programme and policy enhancements and ensures consistency and reliability in the provision of development assistance to the government. In collaboration with other members of the UN country team, bi-lateral development agencies, NGOs and country programme counterparts, s/he establishes and maintains relationships and projects the image of IFAD as a credible/reliable partner striving for harmonization of development activities.
Job Profile Requirements
- Building relationships and partnerships – Builds and maintains effective working relationships
- Communicating and negotiating – Communicates effectively; creates understanding between self and others
- Demonstrating leadership – Personal leadership and attitude to change
- Focusing on clients – Focuses on clients
- Learning, sharing knowledge and innovating – Continuously seeks to learn, shares knowledge & innovates
- Managing performance and developing staff –
- Managing time, resources and information – Manages own time, information and resources effectively
- Problem-solving and decision-making – Demonstrates sound problem-solving and decision-making ability
- Strategic thinking and organizational development – Personal influence
- Team working – Contributes effectively to the team
Education includes Advanced university degree from an accredited institution listed on https://whed.net/home.php in rural development, agriculture, economics, rural finance, development policy or related field is required (*):
(*) Note: For internal candidates, this requirement will be assessed in line with the provisions set forth in IFAD’s Human Resources Implementing Procedures.
At least five (5) years of progressively responsible professional experience in rural development, agriculture, economics, rural finance, development policy or other job related fields. Experience in and knowledge of east Africa is an advantage.
English and French (4 – Excellent)
- IFAD partners: Knowledge of IFAD’s partners’ functioning and mandate , such as the public sector (e.g. governments and policy, institutions and system), non-state actors (NGOs, CSOs, Foundations, etc.) and private sector actors
- Analytical skills: Outstanding ability to analyse and synthesize qualitative and/or quantitative information from a variety of sources and filter out key insights and recommendations
- Time management: Adherence to deadlines under time constraints and pressure (e.g. to deliver governing body documents on time); ability to coordinate and manage complex workflows and in-house and external teams
- Initiative and good judgment: High sense of proactive initiative-taking and good judgement (including on security matters)
Interpersonal skills: Ability to deal patiently and tactfully with others (e.g. visitors, clients, callers, etc.), including senior individuals (e.g. high-level meeting participants)
- Verbal communication: Clear, succinct and convincing verbal communication; highly professional, balanced and diplomatic language
- Written communication: Clear, succinct and convincing written communication in the language needed for specific role; highly professional, balanced and diplomatic language (e.g. for drafting of position papers, briefings, etc.)
- Loans & grants: Know-how in designing loan and grant operations and managing loan and grant preparation process
- Policy dialogue: Know-how in the representation of IFAD as a trusted and strategic partner, advocating and promoting IFAD’s mandate and vision; effective consultations with IFAD counterparts – like ministries and governmental bodies at all administrative levels, donors, civil society
- Topical expertise – Programme Mgmt for Agricultural Development: Expertise relevant to the specific role (e.g. For ethics office assistant, procedures outlined in the Code of Conduct, Discipline and Anti-harassment provisions of applicable rules and guidelines)
- Project/Programme mgmt (incl. coordination, design, development): Know-how in Project design and evaluation
Close Date: 02/07/2023.
Pour postuler à cette offre, veuillez cliquer sur le lien suivant : job.ifad.org.
Laisser un Commentaire