ifa CrossCulture Programme 2018 for
Young professionals and Volunteers
(Fully-funded to Germany)
Deadline: January 12, 2018
Young professionals and volunteers can apply for the CrossCulture Programme 2018. The CrossCulture Programme (CCP) is an exchange and dialogue programme of ifa (Institute for Foreign Cultural Relations), funded by the German Federal Foreign Office. Since 2005, it offers young professionals and committed volunteers the opportunity to expand their professional and political competence as well as to gather international experience through a stay in another cultural context.
The CrossCulture Programme gives young people from Germany and Islamic countries the opportunity to gain diverse experience abroad in the context of their working environment and to act as multipliers in their home countries. In addition, participants also gain an insight into the social and political structures of the host country and become acquainted with cultural characteristics and behavioural patterns through integration into working and everyday life.
The programme enables internships for young professionals and volunteers from the participating countries and from Germany. International experience is gained and intercultural competence developed through work stays in another culture. CrossCulture internships open up and strengthen the exchange between people, institutions and cultures and thus enable an enhanced partnership between Germany and Islamic countries.
The internship will last at least eight weeks and up to a maximum of three months and will be individually scheduled according to profile, needs and availability. The internships will be supplemented by a tailor-made framework programme – for example, accompanying events or individual visits– during the stay in the host country.
Internships within the CrossCulture Programme are offered in the following work areas:
- Politics & Society
- Human Rights & Peace Building
- Sustainable Development
- Media & Culture
Regional particularities are taken into account through the subdivision into three regional modules:
- South Asia
- Central Asia
- Other Islamic countries (particularly in the Middle East, North Africa and the Arabian Peninsula)
The interns’ travel and subsistence expenses are covered by the programme funds. This includes a monthly grant of 550 Euro, travel costs to Germany and urban local traffic, as well as visa fees, health insurance and accommodation. The latter is either a private room in a shared flat (according to gender), a private room in a host family or a small furnished apartment. Accommodation includes cost for electricity, water and heating; whereas telephone and internet facilities are not included.
- Open to Young professionals and long-term volunteers with at least two years of professional experience are eligible to apply for the CrossCulture Programme (CCP). Professional experience is expected in the following fields of work:
o Politics & Society
o Human Rights & Peace Building
o Sustainable Development
o Media & Culture
- A long-term involvement in an organisation or institution within the country of residency is assumed.
- Applicants must be aged between 23 and 45 years.
- All candidates applying must be citizens of the above mentioned countries or should have been granted permanent residence of one of those countries.
- Applicant must be in a good physical condition – physical as well as mental working capacity for a long stay abroad.
- A good command of English is expected.
- Knowledge of German is welcomed but not required.
- Applications by enrolled students cannot be considered.
Due to the armed conflict and volatile security environment, scholarships for applicants from Syria and Yemen are not allocated in 2017.
- Palestinian Territories
- Saudi Arabia
- Republic of the Sudan
- United Arab Emirates
Countries of the CCP-Module “Eastern Partnership and Russia”
- Republic of Moldova
How and when to apply? What happens after I have submitted the application? These and many more frequently asked questions can can be found here.
The following required documents have to be uploaded:
- letter of motivation(please use the template)
- recommendation letter by your current employer / home organisation (please use the template)
- photo (optional)
Applications for CCP are to be submitted online via the application portal. Please pay attention to the technical requirements.
For more information, visit CrossCulture Programme.