IDinsight recruits 01 Digital Communications Officer, Strategic Communications
IDinsight is seeking a creative, enthusiastic full-time Digital Communications Officer to join our growing Strategic Communications team. The Digital Communications Officer will manage all of IDinsight’s digital media including its website, social media, and email outreach. The Officer will create compelling content for digital campaigns, using data and analytics to assess impact and improve our efforts over time.
We amplify social impact by partnering with leaders to develop tailored solutions. Our mission is to use data and evidence to help leaders improve lives worldwide.
IDinsight is a mission-driven global advisory, data analytics, and research organization that helps global development leaders maximize their social impact. We tailor a wide range of data and evidence tools, including randomized evaluations and machine learning, to help decision-makers design effective programs and rigorously test what works to support communities. We work with governments, multilateral agencies, foundations, and innovative non-profit organizations in Asia and Africa. Our work spans a wide range of sectors, including agriculture, education, health, governance, sanitation, financial inclusion, and other areas.
We have expertise in a variety of rigorous approaches and methodologies, which we tailor to each client depending on their needs and constraints. To achieve a positive social impact we:
Support clients’ use of data and evidence for routine and major decision-making.
Inform funding decisions – toward high-impact initiatives and away from less effective programs or approaches.
Create and share tools, knowledge, and ideas that expand the use of data and evidence for social good.
Our diverse, growing team of roughly 180 outstanding colleagues operate in nearly two dozen countries around the world. Learn more about our mission and values at www.IDinsight.org.
About the Digital Communication Officer role
The Digital Communications Officer will be responsible for helping IDinsight expand our reach through digital communications. They will create and disseminate digital content to achieve our strategic objectives – attracting high-impact clients and funders, influencing our peers in global development towards evidence-based approaches, and drawing in top talent to join our team.
The responsibilities assigned to this role include:
- Manage and optimize IDinsight’s digital outreach efforts through its website, social media, and email channels to attract clients and employees and influence others in the global development sector.
Website responsibilities include:
- Updating content;
- Ensuring website is responsive to visitors’ interests/needs;
- Optimizing the website by creating and measuring user “journeys”;
- Managing a monitoring system to assess progress against goals.
- Social media: Develop and execute IDinsight’s social media strategy, manage the social media content calendar, ensure a consistent voice across platforms, monitor and test content to achieve organizational objectives.
- Create digital content including social media cards, graphics, videos, etc. working independently or with consultants.
- Support, train, and advise IDinsight teammates on social media best practices and strategies to build their individual brands and influence.
- Actively monitor social media for breaking news and trending topic opportunities.
- Collect and analyze social media and website metrics to gauge reach, engagement, and other performance measures to inform results-based decision making and drive the effective use of resources.
- Web development experience is not necessary for this role.
Digital Communications experience
- Minimum 4- 10 years of relevant work experience in digital communications and outreach including, but not limited to, social media management, website management, and digital content creation.
- Mastery of social media platforms –Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram – and analytics.
- Experience conceptualizing and executing social media campaigns and achieving results.
- Demonstrated ability in grow an organization’s influence through social media and other digital channels.
- Experience producing social media reports and interpreting web or social media analytics to inform strategies and work plans.
- Sophisticated understanding of multimedia content, including how it can best be produced, packaged, published and shared on websites, on social media and with news organizations.
Skills, mindsets, and behaviours
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to work under pressure and handle a wide range of tasks and projects at the same time and to work methodically and meet deadlines.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Strong knowledge of English, written and spoken (knowledge of French a plus).
- Excellent communication skills.
- Understanding of global development and research and evaluation fields a plus.
- Experience with WordPress, Google Analytics, Google Ads, Hootsuite or other social media CMS a plus.
Skill and career development are core to IDinsight’s values and long-term impact strategy, and have been noted highlights of teammates’ experiences. IDinsighters receive significant mentorship from IDinsight leadership, support from talented peers, and are given considerable autonomy when ready. They maintain professional development plans and are given « stretch » opportunities designed to strengthen a variety of skills. Real-time feedback is embedded in our culture and formal structure enables maximum professional growth. Additionally, teammates have access to an annual professional development stipend that they are encouraged to utilize to explore their career interests and develop their skills.
Nuts & bolts
There is no required location for this role. We are willing to hire an individual based remotely or in a country in which we have an office (Senegal, Zambia, Kenya, India, Philippines, US) based on the candidate preference. If an individual would like to be based in one of IDinsight’s offices, that can also be discussed.
The start date of this position is flexible, with preference for candidates that can start immediately. We expect a two-year minimum commitment, with regular professional development conversations and potential for a long-term career at IDinsight.
IDinsight is able to sponsor employment visas for all nationalities in these locations; however, we will prioritize candidates who do not require IDinsight to sponsor work authorization in the aforementioned countries. All candidates who are not currently located in our country offices listed above will be expected to relocate to their office locations at the onset of their employment.
Compensation and benefits are commensurate with the qualifications and experiences IDinsight is hiring for, and competitive within the global development sector. We are especially proud of the people-focused benefits we offer including comprehensive international health insurance, including mental health coverage; paid vacation, sick, and parental leave; relocation benefits; a travel stipend; technology and work from home stipends; a professional development budget; and more.
Please note, as a non-profit, we are unable to provide compensation similar to leading private sector organizations.
How to apply
Please click the « Apply for this job online » button at the top right. Applications are due by November 19. The application asks various questions in order for us to get to know you, and requires a CV and cover letter.
Please ensure that your CV includes relevant professional and personal experience as well as details on academic qualifications. CVs can range from one to two pages. Please note, headshot photographs, parental details, birth dates, marital status and other personal information not relevant to the application do not need to be included in your CV. Additionally, we strongly encourage you to use your cover letter to highlight why you want to work for IDinsight specifically, and what has prepared you to succeed in the role you’re applying for. A customized cover letter is an important part of IDinsight’s recruiting process as it allows us to understand your motivations for the position, relevant skills, and clarity of writing.
More information, including details on IDinsight’s hiring process and frequently asked questions, can be found online at IDinsight Careers. Any questions should be directed to careers@IDinsight.org.
IDinsight’s commitment to reducing power asymmetries.
IDinsight is committed to reducing power asymmetries in the social sector. Our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion reflects our understanding of the need for the sector to abandon unhealthy practices of the past. We wish to be part of a new generation of international NGOs who are honest about this history and transparent about our role in the present. Our commitment is also aligned with the impact of our work.
We seek a workforce that is inclusive of a variety of perspectives that will help us refine and improve our methods and relationships, and strengthen the services we provide our clients and their communities or constituencies. The following commitments represent our vision for the IDinsight team:
- IDinsight will have greater representation from the populations with whom we work and clients we serve.
- IDinsight will have greater representation from the countries in which we work.
- Across all countries in which we recruit, we will seek greater representation from historically excluded communities.
- IDinsight will foster an inclusive work culture that empowers a diverse team to do their best work.
- IDinsight is an equal opportunity employer and strives to create a diverse and supportive workplace.
Closing date : 10 May 2022.Postuler