IDEX Global Fellowship Program (January’17 Cohort)
Deadline: October 1, 2016
Applications for the January ’17 Fellowship cohort is now open! IDEX is a six-month fellowship experience designed for aspiring social intrapreneurs who want to take control of their career path while helping to address society’s most pressing problems.
Candidates must possess the following minimum qualifications to be eligible for the IDEX Fellowship:
- Have a Bachelor, Masters or Graduate Degree (in any field) prior to start of program
- Ability to perform in a high pressure environment
- Be proficient in English (both written and spoken)
- Can obtain an India Business visa for a minimum of six months
- Have a minimum of 1 to 3 years of professional work experience
- Have excellent listening and communication skills (written and verbal)
- 1:1 coaching,
- Monthly mentoring workshops,
- Curated readings,
- Professional development challenges and
- Relationship building with likeminded professionals that will last a lifetime.
Tuition for the January ’17 Fellowship Program is $3,950 USD.
Tuition covers the following:
- 3-week virtual orientation
- India field orientation (lodging + meals for all 4 days)
- Monthly mentoring/capacity building workshops during fellowship
- Networking events
- 1:1 Mentoring sessions during fellowship
- Curated curriculum
- Full-time support staff & field managers (barring weekends/National Holidays)
Tuition does not cover:
- Travel to/from India
- Transportation to/from the airport
- Passport or Business visa cost
- Living expenses during the fellowship
- Fellows will receive a monthly living stipend (approx. INR 8500) towards cost of their living expenses. IDEX estimates that fellows living expenses, while in India, will average $250- $350 USD per month based on the city placement. *Please note the monthly stipends are intended to reduce a portion of the fellow’s living expenses but are not intended to cover all estimated monthly living expenses.
- IDEX/Host Enterprise provides shared housing accommodations for fellows (at no cost to the fellow) during the fellowship period. Fellows will be responsible for paying monthly utility costs.
- IDEX scholarship Fund: $500- $2,000: IDEX provides partial scholarships for select fellows seeking to participate in the IDEX Accelerator program. Funding is merit-based and awarded to the most promising candidates who demonstrate a commitment and passion to continue working in the social enterprise sector post fellowship. This application is open to all global applicants.
- Investwise Scholarship Fund: $3,500 : IDEX is commited to investing in the transformation power of women’s leadership, IDEX has launched the INVESTWISE Scholarship Fund with the goal of empowering and training future women intrapreneurs. Funding is awarded to the most promising candidates who demonstrate a commitment to continue working for a socially progressive enterprise post-fellowship. This scholarship award is restricted to female applicants only and requires a letter of recommendation from a mentor.
- Crowdfunding: IDEX has formed apartnership with Indigogo to make it easier for fellows to fundraise for their fellowship. Indigogo allows fellows to create a personal fundraising page where you can direct family, friends and supporters and sponsors. To date, IDEX fellows have fundraised more than $40,000 from supporters.
How to Apply
Before applying for IDEX fellowship, please read thecomplete application guide.
For more information, visit IDEX Fellowship