Humanity & Inclusion recruits 01 Compliance Specialist Afghanistan
Humanity & Inclusion (HI) is an independent and impartial aid and development organisation with no religious or political affiliations operating in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. We work alongside people with disabilities and vulnerable people to help meet their essential needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights.
Since the organisation was first founded in 1982, we have set up development programmes in more than 60 countries and responded to many emergencies. Today we have a budget of around 150 million euros, with 3500 employees worldwide.
HI is engaged in an employment policy in favour of disabled workers.
For further information about the association: www.hi.org.JOB CONTEXT :
Over four decades of conflict have had a severe impact on the country. Afghanistan is going through a turbulent period, since NATO and US military interventions in 2001 removed the Taliban from power. During 2021, after a very intense fighting period between April 2021 until August 15th, the Taliban took over the capital city of Kabul and the President Ashraf Ghani resigned, handing over the Government to the Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan.
It is not clear how the context will evolve.
Handicap International in Afghanistan currently operates projects both with partners and directly, these are managed by about 250 national staff in five locations, three bases (Kandahar, Nimroz, Kunduz and Herat) and Kabul main office and recently began to work in Nimroz with remote management from Kandahar.
HI works in the following sectors:
o Victim Assistance
o Disability advocacy and awareness
o Capacity Building of Disabled People and Survivors Organisations and Minister of Martyrs and Disabled
o Physical rehabilitation and physiotherapy
o Socio-economic inclusion
o Mine risk education
o Emergency Response
Under the responsibility of the Country Director Afghanistan, the Risk and Compliance Manager contributes within the country where he/she is based by ensuring compliance with internal and external regulations and risk management throughout all HI mission’s programming. He/she ensures development of compliance and risk frameworks and their consistent application across the different bases and programmes. He/she puts in place sound control mechanisms and conducts regular visits and spot-checks. He/she shares with all HI managers the responsibility of a sound management and successful functioning of the global organisation.Stakes of the post
• Ensuring quality of activities through design and implementation of HI’s transparency and compliance frameworks, and development of grant and audit risk management policies.
. Internal and External Audit Management
– Lead the preparation of internal and external audits and follow-up support on the timely implementation of audit findings and action plans
– Lead the due diligence process and partner assessment exercises as needed
– Instill a strong culture of compliance by providing on-going training, capacity building and advice to staff and partners as needed
– Evaluate the adequacy of internal controls, policies and procedures in place and provide recommendations for improvements
Transparency, Risk and Compliance Management
– Provide oversight across all office functions (support services and programmes) to ensure compliance with internal HI policies and procedures, local laws and donor regulations
– Provide regular support to other departments including Support Services, Operations and Grants Management to review projects and grants documentation, partners’ documentation and ensure alignment with grant agreements and contracts
– Lead the development of risk and incident reports in close collaboration with Operations, Security and/or Grants Management, as relevant.
– Monitor compliance in the implementation of policies, procedures, guidelines and best practices through regular spot-checks, reviews and field visits
– Provide timely feedback on issues of non-compliance, best practices and lessons learnt, and ensure the involvement of HQ support as needed
– Lead the development of new/improvement of existing risk and compliance tools and measures in line with HI Global Standards, putting in place frameworks for both in-person and remote management
– Support in the investigation of allegations of suspected fraud and misconduct and provide evidence based reports
– Support records management and archiving processes to assist with the proper filing of documentation
– Conduct monthly checks and monitor the overall influx of documentation developed by Operations and Support Services teams
– Support the monitoring of VAT exemption and other relevant country legislation
– Support Grant Management in grant agreements and/or contract reviews prior to signature
– Other tasks as assigned by your line manager
Expériences / Formation
• You hold a University level degree in economy, management, finance or business administration
• You have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in compliance and risk management
• You have a minimum experience of 2 years in coordination and team management
• You have an excellent knowledge of Project cycle management and knowledge management
• You are a strong self-manager with a proven ability to prioritize tasks and excellent time management
• 12 months International contract starting ASAP (possible for 6 months renewable)
• The international contract provides social cover adapted to your situation:
o Unemployment insurance benefits for EU nationals
o Pension scheme adapted to the situation of our employees: If you already have a personal pension scheme HI will contribute at the same level of your personal monthly contribution with a maximum of 272.53€/month ; If you do not have a personal pension scheme, we will open a private pension account with your contribution of 272.53€/month and a contribution of HI of the same amount
o Medical coverage with 50% of employee contribution
o Repatriation insurance paid by HI
• Salary from 2750 € gross/month upon experience
• Perdiem : 674,60 € net/month – paid in the field
• Hardship : 500 € net/month paid with your salary
• Paid leaves : 25 days per year;
• R&R : A special system of R&R is in place with time for rest out of the country of 5 days every 6 weeks.
• Position: unaccompanied
• Housing : Collective taken in charge by HI
If you are resident in the country : local package
Laisser un Commentaire