Humanity & Inclusion (HI) recruits 01 Regional Inclusive Education Specialist / Uganda, Rwanda, Kenya
“Outraged by the injustice faced by people with disabilities and vulnerable populations, we aspire to a world of solidarity and inclusion, enriched by our differences, where everyone can live in dignity”
Humanity & Inclusion (HI) is an independent and impartial aid and development organisation with no religious or political affiliations operating in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. We work alongside people with disabilities and vulnerable people to help meet their essential needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights.
Since the organisation was first founded in 1982, we have set up development programmes in more than 60 countries and responded to many emergencies. Today we have a budget of around 150 million euros, with 3500 employees worldwide.
HI is engaged in an employment policy in favour of disabled workers.
For further information about the association: www.hi.org.
JOB CONTEXT :
The Region is known as the East African Region, encompassing 3 countries (Kenya, Rwanda, and Uganda).
While the regional set up of the structure is ongoing, the three countries each have vibrant programmes, with experienced staff and strong presence in both humanitarian and development context.
HI in Kenya and Rwanda have been operational since the early 1990s, and Uganda since 2017. All three countries implement a number of projects under similar technical domains such as Rehabilitation, Mental Health and Psychosocial Support, Inclusive Education, Livelihoods and Resilience but each also have their own specific technical focus in other areas. All 3 countries work with local partners, and ensure strong advocacy on the rights of persons with disabilities.
The regional programme hub is based in Kampala, Uganda. Currently, the Regional Director and the structure of the regional office, including the Regional Technical Unit is being progressively set up under the leadership of the Technical Unit Manager.
Reporting to the Technical Unit Manager, and in collaboration with HQ technical services, as Regional Inclusive Education Field Technical Specialist you will participate to the setup of the Technical Unit and will build the Inclusive Education network within the three countries of the programme and lay the foundation of a common strategy and approach in the three countries taking into account each context.
You will strongly focus on the strengthening of Inclusive Education programmes in the three countries including strong context analysis, standardisation of tools, staff capacity development and programme development strategy. You will also develop the learning component of our Inclusive Education sector.
You will engage in standardisation of interventions based on common quality framework and processes including MEAL related elements.
You will also enhance knowledge sharing within the programme and use each country lessons learned to improve each project based on other projects learning processes. The programme has Inclusive Education projects in the three countries (2 in Uganda, 1 in Kenya and 1 in Rwanda) of the Programme and seeks to develop this sector further, including through regional opportunities. The Inclusive Education approach of the programme is strongly based on multisectoral approaches and you will coordinate with the other sectors specialists to strengthen technical coordination of the projects ensuring stronger impact.
You will aslo contribute to the overall growth of the Programme through participation in technical design, proposal development, donor and partner networks, and advocacy.
In this part, your main responsibilities will be:
- Expertise: bring multi-country technical expertise in each project. Guide and define technical standards based on international guidelines, HI policy paper on Inclusive Employment and livelihood and technical divisions’ strategies (STRATECH). Ensure relevance of technical practices in project under implementation, design stage of new projects and strategy development. You will also have the objective to harmonize practices within the region facilitating exchanges, lessons learnt and support between projects and professionals, and potential mutualisation of relevant HR (consultancies, training, etc). You will lead or support the development of technical documents and tools and support situation analysis and researches. You will have the objective to promote and contribute to inter-sectorial activities. You will also contribute to mainstream HI Disability, Gender, Age Policy and protection principles in Economic Inclusion projects.
- Influence: create effective network with other technical and implement actors in the region and support missions to foster partnerships. Strong involvement in network and coordination spaces to assert HI as a strong technical and implementing partner in the related sectors including humanitarian and Development programmes targeting poverty alleviation, resilience building and decent work.
- Business Development: be up-to date on the last international practices and directions and opportunities in the area of inclusive education. Use this knowledge to guide the regional programme towards new and more relevant and efficient technical programming (locally and regionally). Ensure relevance of technical practices at project design stage and on strategy development.
Expériences / Formation
YOUR PROFILE :
- You hold a relevant Master Degree in Humanities, Education or Special Needs Education, or Disability Inclusion related fields.
- You have at least 5 years of professional experience at similar level of Responsibility or proven professional experience in Inclusive Education related interventions in low to middle income countries & experience working as Project implementer
- You have knowledge of the explanatory models of disability, International Human Rights frameworks, International Development Cooperation and humanitarian assistance frameworks and mechanisms
- You master producing written and oral institutional communication in English AND in French
At HI, the conditions offered are up to your commitment and adapted to the context of your mission. https://hi.org/en/join-the-team
- 36 months International contract starting from 1st, September 2021
- The international contract provides social cover adapted to your situation:
- Unemployment insurance benefits for EU nationals
- Pension scheme adapted to the situation of our employees: If you already have a personal pension scheme HI will contribute at the same level of your personal monthly contribution with a maximum of 53€/month ; If you do not have a personal pension scheme, we will open a private pension account with your contribution of 272.53€/month and a contribution of HI of the same amount
- Medical coverage with 50% of employee contribution
- Repatriation insurance paid by HI
- Salary from 2757 € gross/month upon experience
- Perdiem – paid in the field :
Kenya =561,55€ net/month
- Paid leaves : 25 days per year;
- R&R : according to the level of the mission Level 1: 1 day per
- Payment for travel costs (air ticket & visa) and transport of your personal effects (from 12 months of mission)
- Mission of more than 12 months: a child allowance of 100€ per month, per child (from the second child) paid in the field
- open to couples (from 12 months of mission)
- Support travel costs (air ticket & visa) for accompanying dependent and health/ repatriation insurance if the dependent has no income/
- Mission of more than 18 months: payment of one yearly additional return flight
- open to families (more than 12 months): package familial
- a child allowance of 100€ per month, per child (from the second child) paid in the field
- Contribution to school registration fees for children over 3 years
- Family-wide health coverage
- Payment for travel costs (air ticket & visa) and transport of your personal effects
- Housing : individual taken in charge by HI
If you are resident in the country: local package
Only online by joining a CV and cover letter via the following link:
Only successful candidates will be contacted.