|Description||Outraged by the injustice faced by people with disabilities and vulnerable populations, we aspire to a world of solidarity and inclusion, enriched by our differences, where everyone can live in dignity.
Handicap International is changing his name and becomes « Humanity & Inclusion ». HI, Humanity & Inclusion is an independent and impartial aid and development organization with no religious or political affiliations operating in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. We work alongside people with disabilities and vulnerable people to help meet their essential needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights.
Since the organization was first founded in 1982, we have set up development programs in more than 55 countries and responded to many emergencies. Today we have a budget of around 150 million euros, with 3500 employees worldwide.
INFORMATION ON THE CONTEXT OF THE MISSION
Yemen has been for long the poorest country in the Arab world. After the Arab Spring the humanitarian crises have intensified as a major humanitarian crisis of the moment since 2012 with almost half of the population being food insecure. This has created an increasing unrest among the population and discontentment with the government.
During the summer of 2014 the Shia minority group called Houthis has somehow taken control of several important cities, among them the capital Sana’a. Meanwhile the Southern separatist movement increased their call for an independent south while Al Qaida and linked groups (mainly based in the South-Eastern parts of the country) are fighting Houthis and other groups including the internationally recognized government.
In January 2015, the Houthis overthrew the President Hadi government. Since the end of March of the same year, an international coalition of countries led by Saudi Arabia allied with the President temporarily exiled in Saudi Arabia, launched a military campaign against the advances of the Houthis in the country. At the end of 2017 the alliance between the GPC of the former president Saleh and the Houthis broke out in Sana’a and Saleh was killed. In January 2018 the alliance in the south as well broke out: the Southern Transitional Council, in favor of an independent state in the south took over Aden from the hands of Hadis’ supporters, Hadi being still in exile in Saudi-Arabia.
As a result of such violence and instability, it is more than 20 million of Yemenis out of 27 million in need of any kind of aid. Malnutrition, cholera, diphtheria hit most of the families and a failed health system, with no salaries paid for several years, cannot cope.
OBJECTIVES OF THE POSITION
Under the line management of the Technical Unit Coordinator, the TC MRE will be in charge of:
1. Project support :
– Provide regular technical guidance and support to HI’s staffs related to MRE
2. Human Resource support :
– Support the recruitment and inception of MRE Technical Officer
3. Strategy development :
– Lead the assessment of needs and gaps in the mine action sector
4. Representation :
– Build a strong relationship with the Yemeni authority for Mine Action to understand the local dynamic and opportunities
5. Reporting :
– Contribute to internal reporting such as sitrep
|Expériences / Formation du candidat||At least 6 years of professional experience
• At least 3 years of field professional experience in humanitarian mine action (RE, Non Technical Survey…)
• Professional experience in training and coaching field teams on the job is mandatory
• Professional experience with IEDs is a strong asset
• A bachelor degree and/or a Master’s degree is a strong asset
• Previous experience in the design and implementation of risk education activities is mandatory.
• Previous experience in the Middle East is a strong asset
• Experience in Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and creation of maps is an asset.
• Previous work experience with HI is an asset
• Strong communication skills
• Strong interpersonal and intercultural skills
• Ability to work under high pressure and without constant supervision
• High level of motivation and proactivity
• Strong writing and reporting skills
• English mandatory (oral and written), Arabic is a strong asset
• General computer skills (use of MS Office package, Internet, Skype).
|Experience||5 à 10 ans|
|Pays||Moyen Orient, Yémen|
|Salaire / Indemnité||Starting date : December 2019
• Length of the contract: 12 months
• Employee status, according to experience :
– Salary from 2757 € gross/month regarding the experience of the candidate
– Perdiem : 550€ net/month
– Hardship allowance : 500€ net/month
– Insurances : medical hearth coverage, retirement planning, repatriation
– Paid holiday : 25 days per year
– R&R : 5 days every 6 weeks
– Status : unaccompanied position
– Housing : Collective taken in charge by HI
|Postuler en ligne||https://hi.profilsearch.com/recrute/en/fo_annonce_voir.php?id=3464&idpartenaire=20012|
|Date de fin de validité||30/09/2019|