Hivos Call for Proposals: Empowerment @Scale Project!
Deadline: 15 June 2018
Hivos has announced a Call for Proposals for its Empowerment @Scale Project to identify potential partner organizations that will support the implementation of the project in Kenya.
Hivos has received USD 756,000 financing from the International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) through Oxfam Novib, who are the lead partner in a four year project called: Upscaling Gender Action Learning Systems (GALS) Methodology in Kenya that runs from May 2018 to April 2022. The project seeks to scale up the use of Gender Action Learning Systems (GALS) methodologies in Kenya, Uganda and Nigeria.
Priority Areas for Funding
Priority will be given to Organizations, both in Private Sector and Civil Society (Including universities and academia, research institutions etc) that have grassroots presence, with expertise and experience in the use of Household methodologies, including GALS, and knowledge management, and have a desire to scale up the use of these methodologies.
- Professionalizing and strengthening Empowerment Learning Centres (ELC)
- Networking, knowledge sharing and monitoring at local, regional and global levels
- Using existing and developing new knowledge to adapt HHM/GALS to youth, rural finance, land rights and engagement of private sector in global value chains
- Business modelling and proof of concept
Organizations including consortiums, registered and operating in Kenya whose areas include at least any of the following:
- Gender and Women Empowerment.
- Knowledge management.
- Research and development.
How to Apply
Submissions should be sent at the address given on the website, with Empowerment @scale as the subject line.
For more information, please visit Call for Proposals.