HI recruits 01 Regional Finance Manager Latin America
“Outraged by the injustice faced by people with disabilities and vulnerable populations, we aspire to a world of solidarity and inclusion, enriched by our differences, where everyone can live in dignity”
Humanity & Inclusion (HI) is an independent and impartial aid and development organisation with no religious or political affiliations operating in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. We work alongside people with disabilities and vulnerable people to help meet their essential needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights.
Since the organisation was first founded in 1982, we have set up development programmes in more than 60 countries and responded to many emergencies. Today we have a budget of around 150 million euros, with 3500 employees worldwide.
HI is engaged in an employment policy in favour of disabled workers.
For further information about the association: www.hi.org.
The Latin America Regional program is currently under construction and will be hosted by Colombia with 3 affiliated programs (Cuba, Venezuela and the Andean program gathering Bolivia, Peru and Paraguay with on-going activities and Ecuador without any presence yet). The regional program was be set up in January 2020. Since then, The Andean Program has been absorbed by the Latin America’s one, thus we count with 4 affiliated programs: Cuba, Venezuela, Bolivia and Perú, plus Paraguay as embedded country and Ecuador with no presence yet).
The Regional Finance Manager (RFM), mandated by the Geographical Division, is responsible for leading the finance teams, ensuring compliance with HI’s standards and local rules in the finance field, financial strategy and steering and operational financial management within his/her area of responsibility. Reporting to the Regional Director and in collaboration with HQ services, the RFM ensures the efficient management of the financial resources for the region/country for which s/he is responsible. S/he is the focal point person for the Regional Director and as such informs him/her of any problems and suggests solutions within his/her scope of responsibility.
1: Guarantees the production of qualitative financial information
• Produces information to ensure update of dashboards in a timely manner.
• Constructs and coordinates the annual financial calendar (budget –revision –closing) with the different staff concerned and ensures compliance with the frame of reference and deadlines.
• Makes recommendations on how to optimise the unrestricted funds allocated to the programmes, and carefully monitors coverage of office and support costs by his/her programmes’ financing.
• Formalises processes and monitors the proper functioning of the management tools under his/her responsibility, identifying and handling any issue.
2: Ensures financial and budget management
• Supervises the drafting of budgets and verifies that HI’s funds are being used in an optimal manner
• Ensures the accuracy and updating of financial information and coordinates the process of reporting and compiling financial information in accordance with the financial calendar.
• Produces the summary notes necessary for financial management and identifies risks.
• Analyses the financial aspects of partnership agreements and checks the accuracy and conformity of partners’ accounts and documentation before payment.
3: Ensures proper accounts management (partially delegated to the Regional Accountancy Manager)
• Is the focal person on accounting issues
• Ensures the accuracy and updating of accounts information and coordinates the process of reporting and compiling accounts information in accordance with the financial calendar.
• Directs the development of all accounting processes under his /her responsibility, ensuring their compliance with the accounting reference framework (procedures, tools) and their incorporation into of the accounting information system.
• Consolidates, checks and validates all entries and documents for the monthly and annual closing of accounts, in particular bank reconciliations, justification of payable and receivable accounts and monitoring of fixed assets.
• Ensures that applications for Value Added Tax (VAT) exemptions are filled and checks the declarations
• Represents HI externally with the Statutory Auditors and/or the authorities in charge of accounting and tax matters.
• Ensures implementation of and compliance with procedure for archiving supporting documents, by ensuring the quality of paper and digital supporting documents and sends supporting documents (paper and digital format) to their final storage locations.
• Provides the supporting documents asked for by internal or external auditors.
4: Ensures the financial management of institutional funding in compliance with “donor” guidelines and contractual obligations
• Directs the drafting of funding proposals for institutional donors and the construction of funding schedules: o Supervises and accompanies the drafting of funding proposals and optimises the funding schedules (coverage of office and support costs); compiles and coordinates multiprogramme proposals when the programme is the lead. o Examines, alerts, and even negotiates the conditions of funding agreements before they are signed (payment dates and methods and financial reports, methods of justification of expenditure, exchange rates, audits, etc.). Ensures that these obligations are realistic and compatible with HI procedures.
• Controls the monitoring of expenditure against funding and reports to the budget holders. Monitors consumption rates, issues alert in the event of a risk of non-compliance with the flexibility rules and anticipates slippage by preparing contractual amendments with his or her interlocutors.
• Supervises and coordinates the production and quality of financial reports for donors
• Ensures that donor payments are made, or reminders sent, and that line and functional managers are informed of delays in payments.
• Ensures that the financial system contains accurate and up-to-date information concerning donor contracts: donor budgets, cost-accounting and budget modifications, schedules, reports, etc.
• Coordinates responses to requests from internal and external auditors and ensures the successful conclusion of audits, defining any corrective actions to be implemented (partially delegated to the Regional Compliance).
5: Ensures proper cash-flow management
• Is the focal person on cash-flow issues.
• Examines, formalises, and optimises requests for funds in order to ensure the availability of cash in cash boxes and bank accounts and meet the financial needs of the mission. Assists project managers in defining their cash-flow requirements.
• Ensures the provisioning of cash boxes, contributes to bank reconciliation operations, carries out cash box/safe inventories for monthly and annual closings.
• Provides any documents relating to cash management requested by internal and external auditors, as well as the documents required to meet banking compliance requirements within his or her area of responsibility.
• Evaluates and provides means of payment adapted to the needs of the mission and ensures compliance with payment rules according to the defined thresholds.
• Oversees procedure for the security and storage of funds, including security thresholds.
• Ensures the completion of requests to open or close bank accounts on behalf of the organisation according to operational needs and the updating of bank signatories.
• Identifies exchange rate risks and puts measures in place to mitigate these risks.
Expériences / Formation
· Master’s Degree in Finance Management or Business Administration
· More than 5 years experience in the Finance Field with high responsibilities
· Demonstrated capacity building and training of teams
· Accounting, financial and tax management skills
· Objectives and contents of transformation projects (simplification, managing change, Manager 2.0, etc.)
· Donor frameworks and rules
· Command of Spanish and English
· Command of IT tools (including advance-level Excel and Word)
At HI, the conditions offered are up to your commitment and adapted to the context of your mission. Particular attention is paid to health issues and your personal situation. We offer an induction and training path adapted to our staff members and we have a HR policy oriented toward mobility and professional development.
· 12 months International contract starting from January 2022
· The international contract provides social cover adapted to your situation:**
o Unemployment insurance benefits for EU nationals**
o Pension scheme adapted to the situation of our employees: If you already have a personal pension scheme HI will contribute at the same level of your personal monthly contribution with a maximum of 272.53€/month ; If you do not have a personal pension scheme, we will open a private pension account with your contribution of 272.53€/month and a contribution of HI of the same amount**
o Medical coverage with 50% of employee contribution **
o Repatriation insurance paid by HI**
· Salary from 2857€ gross/month upon experience
· Perdiem : 433,73 € net/month – paid in the field
· Paid leaves : 25 days per year;
· R&R : according to the level of the mission Level 1: 1 day per month
· Position: open to families (more than 12 months) : package familial (REMOVE IF NOT APPLICABLE)
§ a child allowance of 100€ per month, per child (from the second child) paid in the field
§ Contribution to school registration fees for children over 3 years
§ Family-wide health coverage
· Payment for travel costs (air ticket & visa) and transport of your personal effects **
· Housing : Individual taken in charge by HI**
If you are a resident of the program : local package
To apply, please send your CV and Letter of application on the link below