HELVETAS Bhutan Call for Proposals: Supporting Civil Society in Bhutan
Deadline: 31 December 2018
HELVETAS Bhutan is seeking proposals to Support Civil Society in Bhutan which is funded by the European Union and managed by HELVETAS Bhutan, provides technical and financial support to CBOs (Community Based Organizations – groups and cooperatives registered under the Cooperatives Act, and organized but non registered groups and associations) and CSOs (Organizations registered with the CSO Authority).
In line with the objective of the EU funded project: Support to Civil Society in Bhutan, CSOs can submit proposals that fall within the following categories:
- Civic awareness and actions
- participating in and influencing the priorities, planning and decision making of local and central government policies, strategies and plans;
- Role and contribution of civil society to local and national development;
- Social accountability processes and mechanisms;
- Community monitoring of local government plans and budget
- Women’s political and social empowerment
- Women’s leadership and participation;
- Strengthening women’s role and recognition in society
- Socio -economic empowerment initiatives, especially for women and youth groups in
- Sustainable social enterprises;
- Employment generating activities of self-help groups
- Vulnerability reduction initiatives
- Support to initiatives that directly benefit vulnerable groups
Administrative costs cannot exceed 15%.
- CSOs can submit joint proposals. The maximum annual amount for each CSO is Euro 30,000
- CSOs can also submit joint proposals with CBOs. For such proposals, the maximum annual amount for each CSO is Euro 30,000 and maximum annual amount for each CBO is Euro 20,000
- CBOs cannot submit joint proposals with each other.
- Organisations who apply for and receive joint funding will no longer be eligible for individual funding.
Civil Society Organizations in Bhutan can apply for the Grant Facility, on the condition that that they adhere to the information provided in this guideline and they:
- Are an active civil society organization in Bhutan
- Contribute to the achievement of the 11th and 12th Five Year Plan’s good governance results and vision of sustainable development
- Are not already receiving ongoing project support through the Grant Facility
- Demonstrating commitment towards improving the situation of either women, youth or other socially marginalized groups
However, the Grant Facility will pay special attention to support CSOs that have activities in the 10 poorest Dzongkhags and 10 poorest Gewogs of Bhutan.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted either via email or post at the address given on the website.
Eligible Country: Bhutan
For more information, please visit http://csogrant.bt/how-to-apply/guidelines/