HEKS/EPER recrute 01 Shelter Program Manager, Bangladesh, 100%
HEKS/EPER, Swiss Church Aid is the aid organisation of the Protestant Churches of Switzerland and has its headquarters in Zurich/Switzerland. HEKS/EPER provides humanitarian and emergency aid and tackles the causes of hunger, injustice and social deprivation both in Switzerland and abroad. HEKS/EPER has its own coordination offices in approximately 20 countries and around 200 projects worldwide. HEKS/EPER is a member of the ACT Alliance.
HEKS/EPER has been active in Bangladesh since 1975 and is registered by the NGO Affairs Bureau. Its development cooperation department mostly focusses on projects for ethnic minorities (Dalits and Adivasi) in Northern Bangladesh. Humanitarian aid interventions in the Rohingya response are managed directly by the Humanitarian Aid Department from an own office in Cox’s Bazar and field offices in camps.
Since 2017 HEKS implements Rohingya projects with an overall volume of some 6 million USD. Since 2019 the Humanitarian Aid office based in Cox’s Bazar directly implements projects. The main donors are: Swiss Solidarity (SwS), Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC), World Health Organization (WHO) and HEKS funds. The international Organization for Migration (IOM) provided in-kind support worth some additional 5 million CHF. The biggest interventions are implemented in the construction-related sectors Shelter, WASH, and Site Improvement. After the outbreak of COVID-19, HEKS/EPER has also initiated projects as a response to the pandemic.
HEKS/EPER is looking for a strong candidate (F/M) to fulfil the position of:
Shelter Program Manager, Bangladesh, 100%
- Manage and develop the Shelter Programme: develop proposals and approach and coordinate with donors; plan and oversee project implementation; provide regular reports to the supervisor; build up a performing team.
- Coordination and Advocacy: contribute to the development of sector plans; actively represent HEKS in the relevant coordination bodies; coordinate with other agencies.
- Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning: contribute to developing a monitoring plan, assessments, evaluations, etc.; contribute to the development and implementation of accountability mechanisms; ensure compliance with standards.
- Finance, Logistics, Security: manage budgets while complying with required standards or financial management, accountability, and good governance; participate in procurements and ensure compliant logistic management; comply with the Safety and Security regulations and ensure those during project implementation.
- Lead the development and implementation of the humanitarian aid programme in Bangladesh in line with HEKS/EPER’s strategy.
Expériences / Formation
- Master’s degree in Architecture, Civil, Structural and Building engineering, construction with minimum seven years of relevant professional experience.
- Working experience and technical expertise on transitional shelter and settlements programming, and NFI Distributions.
- Sound Experience in NGO related management (including, programme management, monitoring and evaluation, accountability, budget management, coordination with local authorities and coordination mechanisms, capacity building, external representation).
- Knowledge of institutional donors and experience of developing proposals.
- Proficient in English, you offer excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- An interesting and challenging expatriate position in a dynamic international context
- Duty station Cox’s Bazar, Bangladesh
- A competitive salary package
- A six month contract renewable
- Starting date: immediately or upon agreement
Would you like to join the HEKS/EPER team? We are looking forward to your complete application in English (CV, Cover letter and certificates) exclusively via our online portal. Only online application will be considered, and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The deadline for applications has been fixed until December 12th, 2021. Interviews will be held on a rolling basis. HEKS/EPER reserves the right to select a candidate prior to the deadline.
Mr Sebastian Zug, Desk Officer, is at your disposal for further questions (skype: live:sebastian.zug). For further information about HEKS/EPER, please consult our website https://en.heks.ch/.
Laisser un Commentaire