Heifer International recrute 01 Responsable des finances
Heifer International is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identify, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Since 1944, Heifer International has helped more than 36 million families lift themselves out of hunger and poverty.
Our goal is to help families achieve living incomes, which will allow them to feed their families daily, educate all their children; and have proper housing, water, hygiene, and other essential resource. When many families gain this new sustainable income, it brings new opportunities for building schools, creating agricultural cooperatives, forming community savings, and funding small businesses.
Heifer Senegal contribution to the Global 10 million households target is to help 500,000 of Heifer Africa’s 6.745 million households achieve sustainable living income by 2030.
The Finance Manager plays a significant role in strengthening of core global systems by ensuring proper accounting and reporting of resources in project implementation by maintaining systems of accountability, processing of accounting information, internal and external financial reporting, cash and bank account maintenance and other financial tasks as assigned in liaison with relevant Heifer departments. This person contributes to the global mission of scaling up of program impact by preparing financial report and monitoring budget burn rates for effective implementation of the regional office. This person will also contribute to growth and diversification of revenue by assisting in budgeting. This position works directly and in consultation with the headquarters and interacts with similar positions in other teams to promote consistency throughout the project.
Essential character traits
Financial Acumen; Tech Savvy; Action oriented; Plans and aligns; Optimizes work processes; Ensures accountability; Drives results; Collaborates; Communicates effectively; Courage; Instills trust; Builds effective teams; Nimble learning.
Responsibilities & deliverables
Financial Management (45 %)
- Provide financial management and strengthening of core global systems to the Country Office to ensure compliance with Heifer International policies, donor requirements and relevant government authorities.
- Review and verification of invoices and payment vouchers to ensure completeness, correct coding and reasonableness including statutory payments.
- Perform analytical review of general ledger accounts and reconciling balance sheet accounts including staff advance reconciliations on monthly basis.
- Develop and maintain a proper accounting system, processes on daily basis.
- Maintain efficient filing and retrieval system for financial and account records to ensure completeness, accuracy and compliance on weekly basis.
- Assist Regional Herders Development Program Manager or budget-related correspondence with Support office, Donors and other stakeholders.
Report Preparation and Presentation (20%)
- Ensure proper and accurate accounting and reporting of all funds in accordance with the grant/donor requirements, including all expenses that are allowable and charged correctly.
- Ensure preparation of the audit schedules, materials and other documentation for annual or internal audits, reviews and evaluations.
- Prepare and submit monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports and statements as per management requirement.
- Collect and facilitate review of special reports for internal control when required.
- Ensure the maintenance of an accurate and up to date fixed asset register.
- Produce Sahel Division IS Quarterly Review deck with high quality commentary ensuring clarity and relevance.
Financial Control and Risk management. (20%).
- Efficient and effective management of all financial functions of the organization and development of risk management plans.
- Implement and monitor internal controls and financial policies and procedures.
- Ensure that all statutory requirements of the organization are met.
- Ensure that the organization makes all required government remittances and remits applicable taxes as and when required.
- Organize donor records, and ensure internal controls are maintained.
Supervision and Monitoring (10%).
- Supervise the finance staff and provide guidance to their work and encourage their professional growth. Oversee accounts payable, accounts receivable, purchasing, donations processing and receiving.
- Supervise daily accounting support to staff through coaching and field monitory.
- Daily, monitor the cash position.
- Oversee petty cash reconciliations.
May perform other job-related duties as assigned. (5%)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Finance or Accounting or related field, plus seven (7) years of related experience and at least three years in a supervisory role.
- CIMA Finalist or ACCA, NGO experience and significant experience with managing grants and donor financial reporting. Other job-related education and/or experience may be substituted for all or part of these requirements.
- Experience in financial management in senior position level.
- Experience in large grant management and reporting through bilateral and multilateral donors, e.g.: United States Agency for International Development, European Union, Department for International Development (United Kingdom), Canadian International Development Agency.
Most Critical Proficiencies
- Rich knowledge of accounting principles
- Ability to research, interpret and ensure compliance with local accounting standards and reporting requirements.
- Experience in planning and generating ideas for improvement of the accounting function.
- Strong budget development, management and monitoring capacity.
- Proficient in English, both oral and written.
- Computer proficient in word processing, spreadsheets, presentation tools, electronic mail software, and knowledge of accounting software.
- Excellent organizational skills including strong attention to details.
- Excellent leadership qualities and communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work cooperatively, tactfully, and diplomatically with a culturally diverse group of people.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Motivated to work with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate a high degree of integrity.
- Ability and willingness to work with a flexible schedule.
- Ability and willingness to travel both locally and internationally.
- Sensitivity in working with multiple cultures and beliefs, and to gender equity.
Essential Job Functions and Physical Demands
- Constant face-to-face, telephone and electronic communication with colleagues and the general public.
- Ability to identify and understand issues and opportunities, compare data from different sources to draw conclusions, use effective approaches for developing.
- Willingness and ability to work outside of normal business hours.
- Willingness and ability to travel domestically and internationally as needed.
- Ability to work with sensitive information and to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work in a culturally diverse and multi-disciplinary environments.
Pour postuler, veuillez cliquer sur ce lien : jobs.jobvite.com.