Haskè Ventures recruits 01 Venture Architect
Haskè Ventures’ mission is to build and co-create companies from ideation to Series A financing. We aim to transform the start-up landscape in French-speaking West Africa. We identify and scale startups in this high-potential region, bridging the gap between “ideas” and growth-stage ventures.
Haskè Ventures’ added-value model will support startups with seed capital and venture building services. Our pipeline is generated via an innovation model and a co-creation model. We are based in Dakar, Senegal.
We are looking for an experienced and ambitious Venture Architect to join our team in Dakar and drive and implement all business operations and transactions. A successful candidate will be a compassionate professional with experience in entrepreneurship and strategy consulting.
A Venture Architect is responsible for defining the field of opportunity and establishing the scope for a new venture. Your main area of focus is to design and test the operational and commercial aspects of the business. In other words, it is the role of the Venture Architect to translate the concept into the operational roadmap, define roles, responsibilities, and activities. We can summarize the Venture Architect’s main responsibilities as follows:
- Scan and create: Explore and test new business ideas and opportunities
- Design and execute: Define the operational and commercial structures and strategies
- Lead and communicate: Guide the development of the venture with the team and partners (corporates, academia, development partners, etc.)
Alongside these responsibilities, the daily tasks of a Venture Architect can include:
- Scan for novel business insights and turn them into attractive business concepts
- Examine the market size and build business cases for potential ventures
- Drive the venture development process from ideation, feasibility studies (looking for a problem-solution fit), prototyping (MVP) to commercial roll-out
- Pitch innovative ventures to investment committees (business concepts, business model canvas, MVP pitch)
- Pitch new ventures to future investors,technical and commercial partners
- Define and execute go-to-market strategies
- Assist in the management of operational aspects of new ventures under the Company
- Network, liaise, and negotiate with the Company’s current and potential business partners, assisting in deal closure
- Find,train, and grow a local team to lead the venture building aspect after your mission is completed
- Assemble and co-drive venture teams
- Analyse customer segments and test hypotheses through rapid prototyping
- Explore investment, business, and collaboration opportunities
- Highly entrepreneurial mindset
- Knowledge of design thinking, lean start-up, and agile development principles
- Good leadership and communication skills
- Previous experiences with high exposure to entrepreneurship such as start-up, venture capital or start-up accelerator roles
- Experiences launching and managing large projects and businesses in corporate environments
How to apply?
- Please submit your application at firstname.lastname@example.org by April 30, 2022.
- Applications should include a resume and cover letter in English or French. Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview to test their skills and discuss their interests and experience.