Haskè Ventures recruits 01 CEO for Yolele West Africa
Haskè Ventures is a venture studio based in Dakar and focused on transforming the startup landscape in Francophone Africa. Haskè Ventures identifies and scales startups in this high-potential region, bridging the gap between “ideas” and growth-stage ventures. Haskè Ventures also supports established businesses to start new business lines in the West Africa region, in the form of joint ventures.
Yolélé is a purpose-driven African food company based in the US. Yolélé brings underutilized African ingredients like fonio to global tables in value-added products that resonate with international audiences. Yolélé products are currently available at over 2,000 grocery stores across the US, including Whole Foods Market and Target Superstores.
To extend sales at a global level and increase value addition in Africa, Haskè Ventures and Yolélé USA are jointly building Yolélé West Africa (YWA), which will be a hub for the production, packaging and distribution of uniquely African ingredients and products made from them. YWA is searching for a highly qualified and experienced CEO to build the company from the ground up and scale it in multiple regions. The CEO will be tasked with developing and implementing strategies that will steer the growth and success of YWA over time. He/She will need a deep understanding of the agri-food sector, as well as a strong business acumen that will allow him/her to make informed decisions about how best to move forward with YWA’s implementation and growth plans. The position is based in Dakar, Senegal, and will require travel to meet with producers, suppliers, buyers, etc.
The CEO of YWA will be expected to manage the company. He/She will set up and develop YWA’s activities, in close collaboration with Haskè Ventures and Yolélé USA. Together they will set up the strategic roadmap of YWA, build a detailed business plan, and drive execution. He/she will oversee the operational roll-out of YWA, including accounting, financial, managerial, and technical needs. He/She must be able to intervene in all areas of the activity: commercial, technical, administrative, human resource, strategy, and finance. His/her objective will be to ensure the economic profitability and growth of the company.
The CEO will also establish and drive the growth strategies of YWA. In addition, he/she will contribute to developing and executing a financing strategy, including private investment, grants, and other types of financing.
More detailed responsibilities include:
- Work closely with the board of directors and committees, informing, assessing, and addressing issues that affect YWA
- Make strategic decisions to ensure day-to-day operations are efficient and respond to industry norms and standards
- Oversee YWA’s financial activity, including budgeting, reporting, tax management and auditing
- Report to shareholders and collaborators and keep them informed of activities
Develop the company’s corporate culture and overall vision
- Create an environment that promotes robust performance and a positive morale
- Develop an actionable plan for fundraising and managing monthly cash flow
- Represent the organization and increase awareness by being the primary spokesperson and liaison with local partners
- Oversee the daily operations of YWA providing executive direction of all program strategy, marketing and sales, management of value chain, supply chain, compliance, quality assurance, and program efficiency
- Work closely with the human resources function to secure talent and to develop and deploy human resources policies
- Work closely and transparently with senior executives from Haskè Ventures and Yolélé Foods Inc.
- Ensure all legal and regulatory documents are filed and monitor compliance with applicable laws and regulations; Comply with all federal, state, and local legislation
- Identify and address issues and opportunities for Yolélé West Africa
- Build alliances and partnerships with other organizations and seek new markets.
Qualifications and Skills
- Degree in Business Administration, economics, or a relevant discipline
Experience in a senior management position in agriculture or agribusiness or CPGs companies
- Knowledge of the basis of corporate finance (profit and loss, balance sheet and cash flow management, and general finance and budgeting)
- Ability to build consensus and relationships among executives, partners, and teams
- Understanding of human resources and talent management
- Experience with corporate governance and leadership management, with steadfast resolve and personal integrity
- Ability to build win-win partnerships with proven negotiation skills
- Ability to understand novel issues quickly and make wise decisions
- Ability to inspire confidence and create trust
- Ability to work under pressure, plan personal workload effectively, and delegate.
How To Apply?
Please submit your application at firstname.lastname@example.org by June 30, 2021. Your application should include a resume and cover letter in English or French. Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview to test their skills, and to discuss their interests and experience.