Place: AFGHANISTAN (Kabul)
Length: 6 months
Starting date: ASAP
Closing date for applications: 31/01/2020
“Outraged by the injustice faced by people with disabilities and vulnerable populations,
we aspire to a world of solidarity and inclusion, enriched by our differences,
where everyone can live in dignity”
Handicap International is changing his name and becomes « Humanity & Inclusion ». HI, Humanity & Inclusion is an independent and impartial aid and development organisation with no religious or political affiliations operating in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. We work alongside people with disabilities and vulnerable people to help meet their essential needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights.
Since the organisation was first founded in 1982, we have set up development programmes in 62 countries and responded to many emergencies. Today we have a budget of around 150 million euros, with 3500 employees worldwide.
HI is engaged in an employment policy in favour of disabled workers.
For further information about the association: www.hi.org.
JOB CONTEXT :
HI is currently present in Kabul, Herat, Kandahar, Kunduz and more recently in Nimroz. We operate projects both with partners and directly, these are managed by about 220 national staff in the 4 locations.
Present in Kandahar since 1995, HI is supporting a Physical Rehabilitation Center (PRC) in Mirwais Regional Hospital. In 2018, the PRC supported 8000 people with physical impairments with the provision of prosthesis and orthotics, physiotherapy services and mobility aids / assistive devices. In Kunduz, HI responded to the emergency following the Taliban assault on the city and the hospital supported by MSF being bombed late 2015. HI is providing emergency rehabilitation in support to the regional hospital as well as psychosocial support to victims and their caregivers.
Nationally, HI is a strong actor on promoting and advocating for the rights of CW/IED survivors and other people with disabilities as a whole and provides technical support to Afghan authorities and other key stakeholders through various disability and Victim Assistance coordination forum and networks.
Today, HI works in the following sectors:
- Victim Assistance
- Disability advocacy and awareness
- Capacity Building of Disabled People and Survivors Organisations
- Physical rehabilitation and physiotherapy
- Socio-economic inclusion
- Mine risk education
- Emergency Response
The Support Services Coordinator is based in main office Kabul and represents the organization as a member of the senior management team of the entire program.
Under line management and in close collaboration with the Program Director, s/he is responsible for the following:
- Guaranteeing HI Afghanistan support services operating framework
- Ensuring Finance, HR and Logistics smooth cycle running in terms of planning, implementation and reporting are delivered accurately and timely
- Advising in the support services area for operations and programmatic needs
- Line and functional management & Coordination
Specific objective of the position:
Withdrawal of SSC position is planned and considered for the coming future but it is recommended to keep it at an international level for 6 months more, in order to continue building the capacity of HR coordinator, as well as continue working on strategic HR elements, and put in place internal control towards the 2 others Finance and logistics coordinators that are autonomous in their position.
YOUR PROFILE :
- You hold a Master Degree or Equivalent in Business Administration, Finance, Economics or any relevant field
- You have 3 to 5 years of relevant experience in support services senior management positions at similar level
- You are assertive and demonstrate good communication skills
- You have the sense of priorities and of responsibilities as well as strong organizational capacities
- You are autonomous and solution-oriented
- You are able to work in a team
- You have a good capacity to work under pressure and in a context of permanent insecurity
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE POSITION :
The position is based in Kabul. Security is a major concern in Afghanistan, freedom of movement is limited in all bases and expatriates always travel in cars with accompanied national staff member all the time adhering to security protocols.
Accommodation is in a secure guest house, close to the office, with other expatriates. The guesthouse is spacious with independent rooms; however acceptance of collective life is required. The office and the guesthouse in Kabul are located with most NGOs around.
- Starting date : ASAP
- Length of the contract: 6 months
- Employee status, according to experience :
- Salary from 2757 € gross/month regarding the experience of the candidate
- Perdiem : 456€ net/month
- Hardship allowance : 500€ net/month
- Insurances : medical hearth coverage, retirement planning, repatriation
- Paid holiday : 25 days per year
- R&R : 5 days every 6 weeks
- Status : unaccompanied position
- Housing : Collective taken in charge by HI