Handicap International recrute 01 Finance Manager H/F
Freetown, Sierra Leone
Finance Manager H/F
Pays : Sierra Leone
Ville : Freetown, Sierra Leone
Date de prise du poste : 01/05/2021
Durée de la mission : 36 months
Date de clôture des candidatures : 08/04/2021
Référence de l’annonce : -HBA-03-21-6323
CONTEXTE DE TRAVAIL :“Outraged by the injustice faced by people with disabilities and vulnerable populations, we aspire to a world of solidarity and inclusion, enriched by our differences, where everyone can live in dignity”
Humanity & Inclusion (HI) is an independent and impartial aid and development organisation with no religious or political affiliations operating in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. We work alongside people with disabilities and vulnerable people to help meet their essential needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights.Since the organisation was first founded in 1982, we have set up development programmes in more than 60 countries and responded to many emergencies. Today we have a budget of around 150 million euros, with 3500 employees worldwide.The HI network is an organisation made up of a Federation (with 2 operational HQs in Lyon and Brussels), 8 national associations (Germany, Belgium, Canada, United States, France, Luxembourg, United Kingdom and Switzerland) and the HI Institute on Humanitarian Action. All these entities work concertedly to implement HI’s international aid and development mandate.The Federation is responsible for implementing the network’s social missions in around sixty countries. It operates under the names “Humanity & Inclusion” or “Handicap International” depending on the country.HI is engaged in an employment policy in favour of disabled workers.For further information about the association: www.hi.org.
JOB CONTEXT :HI has been present in Sierra Leone since 1996. Various projects have been implemented since, in health, rehabilitation, social inclusion, rights promotion, etc. but since the end of the Ebola crisis, mainly education projects are implemented.Currently, HI is implementing 3 projects on Inclusive Education with funding secured until 2021 for the longest, a 4-years project on Mental Health started early 2018 and 4 other projects on technical support on Inclusion.A Program Operational Strategy has been validated for the period 2018 -2020 with the willingness to increase the level of activity (including new projects in Liberia with a re-opening of Monrovia office as soon as projects are funded) through projects in various topics.
Sierra Leone and Liberia should be part of a new regional project on Inclusive Education, but this has to be confirmed.
Our strategy focuses on 4 complementary and interlinked pillars:1- Protection and Rights2- Education and Livelihoods3- Health and rehabilitation4- Technical support for inclusion
DESCRIPTION DE POSTE :General mission: Reporting to the Country Director and in collaboration with HQ services, the Finance Manager ensures the efficient management of the financial resources for the country for which s/he is responsible. S/he is the point person for the Country Director and as such informs him of any problems and suggests solutions within his/her scope of responsibility.
S/he participates actively in the phased reorganisation of HI in the field as part of the ROOTS project.
1. Responsibility 1: Strategy and steeringSub-responsibilities:• STRATOP : contributes towards the drafting, revision and implementation of operational strategy (StratOp) within his/her scope of responsibility;• RISKS: produces and updates the risk map covering his/her scope of responsibility; proposes and implements risk mitigation measures;• INCIDENTS: contributes to incident reporting within his/her scope of responsibility;• INDICATORS: produces, compiles and analyses dashboard data;• REPRESENTATION: represents HI externally on financial matters concerning his/her geographical area (e.g. forums, operational and strategic alliances); ensures the development of local partnerships necessary to the development of his/her area of activity.
Responsibility 2: Standards and AccountabilitySub-responsibilities:• STANDARDS: ensures respect and application of HI standards for the whole of his/her professional sector, with regard to policy, processes and tools;• LOCAL ADAPTATION: adapts and contextualises these standards according to specific local characteristics;• INTERNAL CONTROL: oversees internal control for his/her whole area of responsibility;• ACCOUNTABILITY: guarantees compliance with and application of institutional donor rules on all the projects implemented within his/her scope of responsibility;
• In this respect, the Finance Manager is particularly vigilant with regard to:o the application of local rules, especially tax & accounting rules (accounting/ taxation/ registration/ currencies, etc.), in liaison with the different interlocutors, and identifies any risks;o administrative and financial analyses when signing a new partnership contract
Responsibility 3: Operational Finance Management
Sub-responsibilities:3.1. Guarantees the production of financial information and dashboards in a timely manner; coordinates the annual financial calendar and helps programme staff with the financial steering of the programmes; identifies risks and recommends actions for mitigating these risks• Oversees the construction of the programmes’ budgets, funding schedules and accounts production within the established deadlines, while ensuring compliance with HI’s budgetary and accounting frame of reference (tools, structure, etc.);• Produces the financial memos necessary for the financial steering of the programmes and identifies risks by putting in place dashboards, KPIs, etc.; contributes to operational strategy;• Makes recommendations on how to optimise the unrestricted funds allocated to the programmes, and carefully monitors coverage of office and support costs by his/her programmes’ financing;• Formalises processes and monitors the proper functioning of the management tools under his/her responsibility, identifying and handling any problems or sticking points• Constructs and coordinates the annual financial calendar (budget –revision –closing) with the different staff concerned and ensures compliance with the frame of reference and deadlines;• Steers the programmes’ cash-flow requirements
3.2. Ensures the implementation of donor guidelines and compliance with donor requirements; oversees the monitoring of funding from the request stage through to end-of-contract, controlling risks and ensuring compliance with deadlines• Oversees the drafting of project funding proposals to be sent to institutional donors in support of the programmes;• Guarantees the production of the reports required by donors and ensures they are audited if required, prioritising as necessary and verifying their conformity with donor guidelines;• Monitors the rate of spending on funding contracts and anticipates any problems with his/her interlocutors ( amendments, NCEs);• Ensures the quality of funding contract information in the donor database;• Guarantees the smooth running of audits by producing any information requested.
Responsibility 4: Professional Channel Development
Sub-responsibilities:• Leads the professional channel of the finance sector within his/her scope and helps to do so for the organisation as whole• Contributes towards the professional development of the finance sector globally (community of practice);
• Develops a pool of local talent (carries out technical interviews with the candidates and formulates recommendations; identifies training needs)
Responsibility 5: Emergency Preparedness and Response
Sub-responsibilities:• Is responsible for providing appropriate support to emergency responses occurring within his/her geographical scope :• Takes part in analysing the capacity of his/her programmes and teams to respond to emergencies;• Contributes towards identifying preparedness measures in liaison with HQ’s Emergency Division; implements these measures;• In the event of an emergency response, mobilises and adapts his/her department and its processes: size of the team, line-management, coordination and communication mechanisms, ARCI, reporting, etc.;• Strengthens external coordination with colleagues from other organisations.
Responsibility 6: Management
Sub-responsibilities:• Assumes the role and stance of manager with regard to his/her staff:• Fosters a team spirit and team work to ensure the necessary synergies between the divisions. Encourages the exchange of practices within and between divisions;• Contributes towards the professional development of his/her team members: sets individual objectives, ensures that the know-how and motivations of his/her staff meet the organisation’s needs;• Provides individual and collective recognition• Develops his/her staff‘s ability to work autonomously• Embodies and transmits HI’s values, ensures respect of its code of conduct and institutional policies and is vigilant with regard to expected attitudes and individual and collective behaviours
Others:• Any other service / task in connection with the programme that may prove necessary.
PROFIL ATTENDU :• Master’s Degree in Finance Management or Business Administration
• More than 3 years overseas working experience in management of teams in humanitarian or development programs• Demonstrated capacity building and training of teams• Accounting, financial and tax management skills• Donor frameworks and rules• Command of English (French is a plus)• Command of IT tools (advance-level Excel and Word) and Navision
LANGUE(S) DE TRAVAIL :
SPECIFICITES/PARTICULARITES DU POSTE :
CONDITIONS :At HI, the conditions offered are up to your commitment and adapted to the context of your mission. Particular attention is paid to health issues and your personal situation.
We offer an induction and training path adapted to our staff members and we have a HR policy oriented toward mobility and professional development.
• 36 months International contract starting from May 2021• The international contract provides social cover adapted to your situation:o Unemployment insurance benefits for EU nationalso Pension scheme adapted to the situation of our employees: If you already have a personal pension scheme HI will contribute at the same level of your personal monthly contribution with a maximum of 272.53€/month ; If you do not have a personal pension scheme, we will open a private pension account with your contribution of 272.53€/month and a contribution of HI of the same amounto Medical coverage with 50% of employee contributiono Repatriation insurance paid by HI
• Salary from 2757€ gross/month upon experience• Perdiem : 532,03 € net/month – paid in the field• Paid leaves : 25 days per year;• R&R : according to the level of the mission Level 1: 1 day per month• Position: open to families (more than 12 months) : package familial
? a child allowance of 100€ per month, per child (from the second child) paid in the field? Contribution to school registration fees for children over 3 years? Family-wide health coverage• Payment for travel costs (air ticket & visa) and transport of your personal effects
• Housing : Individual taken in charge by HI
If you are resident/citizen of Sierra Leone : local package