Handicap International recruits 01 Project Manager Emergency Response
Détail de l’annonce 000-32-SLE-4820
Project Manager Emergency Response – SOUTH SUDAN
Pays : République du Soudan du Sud
Ville : Juba with regular travels
Date de prise du poste : 15/05/2019
Durée de la mission :
Date de clôture des candidatures : 24/03/2019
Référence de l’annonce : 000-32-SLE-4820
CONTEXTE DE TRAVAIL :
The context in South Sudan is characterized by a contiguum between emergency and development with regular chronic crisis, periods of stability and period of massive emergency.
HI, present since 2006, has shifted in 2009 from the emergency departement to the development one but remains active in both operationnal interventions.
At March 2019, the program includes:
– An emergency component with:
o Protection program in Juba PoC and Urban juba camps, psychosocial support and targeted assistance to persons with specific needs
o A Mental Health and Inclusive humanitarian response programme in Yei, Torit and Yambio county
o An emergency Flying Team, deployable all over the country
– A long-term component with:
o A Victim Assistance project based in Yei county including rehabilitation activities
The Flying Team is a Rapid Mobile Emergency Health, MHPSS and Inclusion Response to conflict affected areas in South Sudan
The general objective is to reduce vulnerability of people at risk of exclusion by improving access to essential services via a rapid mobile service delivery and support to humanitarian actors and community structures in conflict-affected areas
The Flying Team Project addresses the urgent need for rapid emergency mobile functional and physical rehabilitation and psychosocial support needs in conflict-affected states, particularly in areas with acute needs due to new shocks. The action targets the most vulnerable persons at risk of exclusion (including people with disabilities, people with injuries and chronic illnesses, people with psychosocial distress, children, female heads of households, older persons). By identifying specific vulnerabilities and providing targeted assistance to these vulnerable groups by deploying a team of specialists (physiotherapist, occupational therapist, psychologist and Inclusion officer) providing rehabilitation, and psychosocial support to the conflict-affected locations, the action will reduce vulnerability and will mitigate the impact of the conflict by facilitating access to essential services, improving functional capacities and independence, strengthening positive coping mechanisms and capacity building and training partners in different locations.
The team is deployed to different locations around South Sudan for varying lengths of deployment to conduct direct service implementation coupled with awareness raising, capacity building and on the job support to other service providers.
DESCRIPTION DE POSTE :
Under the responsibility of the Operations Coordinator and in close coordination with the rest of the HI team and related advisors, you will be responsible of/for:
• Effective implementation of the project on a result-based approach
• Good management of the project team
• Technical quality of the project and the documentation of experiences and best practices
PROFIL ATTENDU :
• You hold a degree/training in Project Management…
• You have 2 or 3 years’ experience in project management with an experience in emergency response, with an INGO.
• You have excellent communication skills in English (verbal & written) including the ability to write reports, to document grood practices and lessons learnt
• You have strong leadership skills and ability to create team spirit and to support team building in multi-disciplinary & multi-cultural teams
• You are positive, patient and dynamic, autonomous and strong in setting priorities & reaching targets
• You know working in hardship & changing area an you have the capacity to travel regularly in this kind of environment
LANGUE(S) DE TRAVAIL :
Anglais : Courant
SPECIFICITES/PARTICULARITES DU POSTE :
Juba is the capital of South Sudan; accessible by commercial flights and by road. Road movement is generally unadvisable, due to general security situation and poor road conditions. Internal flights operated by UNHAS connect Juba with major cities and key sites across the country for development and humanitarian activities. The rainy season severely limits movement from May/June to September/October, including internal flights, cutting most of the roads.
The office and the Guesthouses are on the same location in Juba, in the centre of the town. The accommodation is simple, but comfortable. Each staff has his/her own self-contained room with Air Conditioner. City Power is non-existent, but a generator is in place.
There is TV and wireless internet.
Juba offers some facilities as bars, restaurants, gym and swimming pools available according to curfew time.
A system of R&R is in place with time for rest out of the country every 6 weeks.
• Starting date : 15th May 2019
• Length of the contract: until 31rst March 2020
• Employee status:
– Salary from 2214€ gross/month regarding the experience of the candidate
– Perdiem: 457€ net/month
– Hardship allowance: 500€ net/month
– Insurances : medical hearth coverage, retirement planning, repatriation
– Paid holiday: 25 days per year
– R&R: Level 3 : 5 days every 6 weeks
– Status: unaccompanied
– Housing: Collective taken in charge by HI