Handicap International recruits 01 Programme Communication Officer – Brussels
“Outraged by the injustice faced by people with disabilities and vulnerable populations, we aspire to a world of solidarity and inclusion, enriched by our differences, where everyone can live in dignity”
Handicap International is changing his name and becomes « Humanity & Inclusion ». HI, Humanity & Inclusion is an independent and impartial aid and development organisation with no religious or political affiliations operating in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. We work alongside people with disabilities and vulnerable people to help meet their essential needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights.
Since the organisation was first founded in 1982, we have set up development programmes in 62 countries and responded to many emergencies. Today we have a budget of around 150 million euros, with 3500 employees worldwide.
HI is engaged in an employment policy in favour of disabled workers.
Within the Federal Communication and Fundraising Department, Federal Communication sources, edits and distributes content on the organisation’s social mission, creates photo, video and computer-graphics content, and develops institutional and professional communications. Federal Communication is headed by a federal external communication manager and coordinated by five communication officers responsible for advocacy information, the other four to programme information (emergency and development), fundraising content, institutional communication and professional experts (computer graphics, photo library, community management, video production, etc.). Federal Communication works closely with Federal Fundraising and Internal Communication.
Programme Communications Officer job based in Lyon or Brussels must take into account these various parameters : – assist the fundraising and communication teams of the national associations – be mobile, go get the information on the intervention sites while taking into account the requests of internal customers.
Key objectives for 2021 : – Relaunch of the fundraising testimonial research missions, launch of digital marketing support, – Development of specific digital productions, – Development of content productions on West Africa projects.
Under the supervision of the Federal Communications Officer, you will be responsible for :
- Identification appropriate topics for fundraising and communication
– Work with field teams to identify projects and beneficiaries
– Collect information, photos, videos, remotely or on field trips for the HI network
– Actively contribute to digital marketing projects
– Specific contribution to the development of video projects / snack contents…
- Provision of information to national associations
– Contribution to the publishing schedule (topic planning, anticipation, etc.) and content production for the HI network
– Contribution to content distribution tools (photo database, video database, etc.)
– Information retrieval programme, provision of information collected
- Collection and formatting of program information, including emergencies
– Draft situation reports/press packs on subjects of interest to all national associations (mainly emergencies)
– Actively contribute to press relations projects, interviews, press visits
- Participation in the cross-cutting links between programmes and the Communication and Fundraising Department
– Help welcome and train PDs in institutional communication and internal communication, engage in communication/fundraising emergency preparedness. – Advise/support on national or regional communication initiative.
- Support programmes to define their institutional and professional identity
– Provide ad hoc support to develop programme communication tools
– Promote brand and communication rules (GDPR, authorisation, safeguarding, ethics, etc.).
Expériences / Formation
- Higher education in communication, journalism, press relations
- At least 5 years’ experience of the external communication sector
- Ability to understand and anticipate the challenges presented by unstable environments (conflicts, natural disasters, etc.)
- Experience of the international aid sector desirable,
- Excellent writing and editorial skills (journalistic background or similar)
- Adaptability, flexibility and responsiveness
- Pressure resistance, ability to prioritize tasks across requests and work quickly to produce the essentials
- Excellent level of English (writing, and speaking), good level of French.
CONDITIONS OF THE POSITION :
- Type of contract : Open-ended contract in Brussels or Lyon
- France Package : Executive Status, Package Day, Restaurant vouchers…
Online only. Attach your CV and cover letter via the following link :
Learn more about HI: www.hi.org