Handicap International recruits 01 MHPSS Technical Coordinator
Détail de l’annonce 000-SAN-SLE-4877
MHPSS Technical Coordinator
Pays : République du Soudan du Sud
Ville : Based in Juba with travels to field locations
Date de prise du poste : 01/05/2019
Durée de la mission : 12 months
Date de clôture des candidatures : 28/04/2019
Référence de l’annonce : 000-SAN-SLE-4877
CONTEXTE DE TRAVAIL :
HI has been operating in South Sudan since 2006, implementing emergency and development actions aimed at improving protection, quality of life, and the promotion of rights of vulnerable individuals, including people with physical disabilities.
HI’s current operations are centred in POCs (protection of civilian sites) and IDP camps outside Juba city and in three greater states: Yei, Torit and Yambio with the Country Office based in Juba city.
During 2019, HI is planning to establish a base in the greater Unity, which remains the most conflict and disability affected region of the whole country. The operational context in South Sudan today is considered largely humanitarian/emergency while phasing in resilience programming. The ongoing peace initiatives if they succeed might result in huge population movements of returnees (both IDPs and refugees) across the country.
HI’s present interventions address both emergency and resilience needs.
Since 2016, HI has been operating an emergency mobile (or flying) unit responding to MHPSS (Mental Health & Psychosocial Support) and disability rehabilitation assistance in the greater Upper Nile, Unity and Jonglei states. Overall, about 50,000 direct beneficiaries (people with disability and other most vulnerable) are being targeted through MHPSS and Livelihood projects, with a strong emphasis on mainstreaming disability inclusion. As part of its 2019-2021 strategy, HI South Sudan is prepositioning to deepen programming in Protection, to expand its program interventions in Health (MHPSS), Education in Emergency (EIE) and Food Security & Livelihoods (FSL).
HI is increasingly viewed as a leader in the South Sudan MHPSS humanitarian sub-cluster and in Disability Inclusion. In 2015, HI facilitated the enactment of the South Sudan National Government Disability policy. Under current programming, HI is working to facilitate enacting of a framework for dissemination and implementation of the policy
The MHPSS Technical Coordinator position is therefore a critical function to HI programming at this juncture, seeking to deepen and increase the reach and impact of current MHPSS programming, while prepositioning HI to play a bigger and more visible role in Protection.
DESCRIPTION DE POSTE :
As MHPSS Technical Coordinator, you work in close liaison and complementarity with the Operational Coordinator, who handles operational and resource management aspects of projects. You report directly to the Program Director (Country Director).
Your responsibilities are the following:
• Delivering technical support to all MHPSS based projects (program strategy, Assessments, evidence based project design, MEAL) – currently 4 projects. Contribute significantly to the start-up, baseline assessment, capacity building and running of the new MHPSS with Inclusion project
• Quality check of MHPSS and Protection against violence
• Facilitate the strategic development and design of new MHPSS projects that target survivors of sexual violence, GBV, children and youth.
• Capacity building of external and internal staff on MHPPSS principals, interventions in emergency and chronic crises situations.
• Representation and external coordination on South Sudan Humanitarian Protection and Health Clusters while leading the MHPSS sub-cluster & CP-PSS, GBV working group
• Contributing to HI Country strategy and program evolution, fundraising, internal governance structures, quality assurance, and staff performance planning and evaluation.
PROFIL ATTENDU :
• You hold a MA Degree in Psychology
• You have a minimum of 5 years of field experience in the MHPSS among with few years in protection field in humanitarian sector
• You have relevant experience at program coordination level in an emergency/conflict context
• You show excellent communication and people interaction skills
• You demonstrate flexibility, innovation and capacity to travel on field
• You are fluent in English (oral and written)
LANGUE(S) DE TRAVAIL :
Anglais : Courant
SPECIFICITES/PARTICULARITES DU POSTE :
• Security and road access remains a key factor in geographic targeting of operations in South Sudan. Many locations in the country cannot be reached overland. Apart from IDP projects in Juba which are managed directly, most of HI’s programs in many parts of South Sudan are currently implemented through remote management, with international staff based mainly at the Country office in Juba, doing regular travel to the field by UNHAS air service .
• The country mission has a safety and security protocol which emphasizes individual and team sensitivity and pro-activeness on security matters. The protocol is reviewed periodically to match or anticipate emerging scenarios.
• International staff movements within Juba city is facilitated by HI and has a curfew restriction between 9PM-6.00AM.
• Office and residential accommodation are currently housed in one compound, and a number of residential facilities including kitchens and lounges are used in common (rooming with sanitary services is individual).
• Employee status:
– Salary from 2757€ gross/month regarding the experience of the candidate
– Perdiem : 529€€ net/month
– Hardship allowance : 500€ net/month
– Insurances : medical hearth coverage, retirement planning, repatriation
– Paid holiday : 25 days per year
– R&R : 5 days every 6 weeks
– Status : position unaccompanied
– Housing : Collective taken in charge by HI