Handicap International recruits 01 Inclusive Education Technical Coordinator
Humanitaire (ONG, Associations, …), Projet/programme de développement
Inclusive Education Technical Coordinator – UGANDA
Inclusive Education Technical Coordinator – UGANDA
Pays : Ouganda
Date de prise du poste : 02/03/2020
Durée de la mission : 12 months
Date de clôture des candidatures : 19/01/2020
Référence de l’annonce : 000-CT-MPE-5499
CONTEXTE DE TRAVAIL :
Place: UGANDA (Kampala)
Length: 1 year
Starting date: 02/03/2020
Closing date for applications: 19/01/2020
“Outraged by the injustice faced by people with disabilities and vulnerable populations, we aspire to a world of solidarity and inclusion, enriched by our differences, where everyone can live in dignity”
Handicap International is changing his name and becomes « Humanity & Inclusion ». HI, Humanity & Inclusion is an independent and impartial aid and development organisation with no religious or political affiliations operating in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. We work alongside people with disabilities and vulnerable people to help meet their essential needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights.
Since the organisation was first founded in 1982, we have set up development programmes in 62 countries and responded to many emergencies. Today we have a budget of around 150 million euros, with 3500 employees worldwide.
HI is engaged in an employment policy in favour of disabled workers.
For further information about the association: www.hi.org.
In October 2017, HI launched its new program directed at the refugee response in Arua District, West Nile region, where the organization provided psychosocial support services, community-based rehabilitation, protection of persons with specific needs, and disability inclusion. These actions were implemented in Omugo Settlement, the extension of Rhino Camp Settlement where most new refugees are being settled, and Imvepi Settlement. HI has now expanded its rehabilitation project funding from September 2018, in consortia with Medical Teams International (MTI) to cover all three settlements in Arua District (Omugo, Imvepi and Rhino). In 2019, HI launched 3 projects: an Inclusive Education project in Arua, Moyo and Yumbe Districts, a Mental Health and Psychosocial Support project in the Congolese Refugee Response in Southwest Uganda, and a Sexual Reproductive Health project covering various districts throughout Uganda. HI is also launching an innovative project under DFID funding under the Global Disability Innovation Fund: 3D Printing through Emergency Tele Rehab Access (3D-PETRA) which will bring appropriate, life changing orthopedic devices to people in need in Arua District. In October 2019, HI launched an exciting Inclusive Livelihoods project under a consortium led by BRAC Uganda and in partnership with NUWODU, the umbrella organization for women with disabilities.
These actions comprise the components of HI’s Uganda Strategy. The total mission portfolio is 2.2 million EURO, implemented by a staff of over 90.
HI is legally registered in Uganda. HI’s Head Office is in Kampala, and the West Nile operations are based in the office in Arua Town, with different field offices in operational areas. In total, HI now operates in 10 districts.
DESCRIPTION DE POSTE :
Under the supervision of the Operations Coordinator, the Inclusive Education Technical Coordinator is responsible to implement HI technical policies, methods and approaches at the level of the programme for all activities related to Inclusive Education. The Technical Coordinator is responsible for the technical and methodological quality of the projects within the programme, the development of the staff technical competencies, as well as for mobilising the resources locally to support the quality of the programme.
He/She is responsible for the development of strategies, approaches, methodologies and tools regarding Education programmes implementation as well as for supervising staffs technical skills and competencies.
The Technical Coordinator will be supervising the quality of all Education activities in the country. Currently Uganda mission is implementing one project in the South Sudanese Response (West Nile region) and is looking to open a second one in the Congolese response (Southwest region).
Main objectives of the position are:
• Ensure quality delivery of Inclusive Education projects respecting international and internal standards
• Ensure fruitful representation and participation to technical and coordination structures to strengthen HI’s leading role in improvement of access to education for children with disabilities and vulnerable children
• Support Business Development to strengthen Inclusive Education projects portfolio of the mission.
Main responsibilities of the position are:
RESPONSIBILITY 1: EXPERTISE
• Contributes to the country strategies in line with the global strategies
• Ensures technical support to projects in line with the global technical frameworks and standards of Inclusive Education
• Ensures technical learning from projects
• Ensures the control & monitoring of the technical quality and the relevance of HI’s activities in the programs in Education
• Contributes to the Technical Divisions professional channel animation
• Ensures compliance of the technical proposition with nexus stakes
• Contributes to the development of research and innovation projects in the region when relevant, in Education.
RESPONSIBILITY 2: REPRESENTATION by participating to the external representation of HI’s expertise at country and regional level.
RESPONSIBILITY 3: FUNDRAISING by participating to the development of major opportunities or new projects in the country under MHPSS scope.
PROFIL ATTENDU :
• Master Degree in Inclusive Education, Special Needs Education or Education sciences if relevant experience working with children with disabilities, or Allied Master Degree (OT, Psychology, Child development) if relevant Education Experiences.
• Five years’ experience in education in low income countries: project design and management, policy/strategy guidance
• Two years’ experience in NGOs with particular focus on Education in Emergencies
• Two years’ experience working with persons with disabilities
• Outstanding communication capacities, with a broad range of stakeholders
• Strong capacity building, competencies transfer and coaching skills
• Ability to articulate technical input and communicate with impact
• English fluency both written and oral
• Particularly strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Special ease at collaborative work, participatory approach
• Excellent team worker; ability to create dynamic and very positive working relations including at distance, with high level of mutual confidence and solidarity
• Positive and constructive personality, very composed, solution-oriented and with a high level of professional maturity
• Sign language will be an asset
LANGUE(S) DE TRAVAIL :
SPECIFICITES/PARTICULARITES DU POSTE :
Kampala is considered a safe and secure capital city, with access to many entertainment, education and health facilities. Kampala is Level 1 security and the city is safe, as long as basic safety precautions are taken. HI has a head office in the suburbs of Kampala. Accommodation for all different preferences is available. Mobility around the city is easy, vehicle taxis and motorcycle taxis are available for movement around the city, although the use of public buses is not allowed. An expat can drive an HI vehicle provided they have valid driving license and have resided in the country for a period of 2 months.
The position will require travel to various project sites, including refugee settlements with specific security constraints including movement restrictions.
• Starting date : 02/03/2020
• Length of the contract: 1 year
• Employee status, according to experience :
– Salary from 2757€ gross/month regarding the experience of the candidate
– Perdiem : 509 net/month
– Insurances : medical hearth coverage, retirement planning, repatriation
– Paid holiday : 25 days per year
– R&R : 1 day per month
– Status : position open to couples/families
– Housing : individual taken in charge by HI