Handicap International recruits 01 Inclusive Education Specialist
Humanitaire (ONG, Associations, …), Projet/programme de développement
Inclusive Education Specialist – MOZAMBIQUE
Location: MOZAMBIQUE (Maputo)
Starting date: 03/05/2021
Duration of the mission: 3 years
Closing date for applications: 28/02/2021
Posting reference: -MPE-02-21-6240
CONTEXT :“Outraged by the injustice faced by people with disabilities and vulnerable populations, we aspire to a world of solidarity and inclusion, enriched by our differences, where everyone can live in dignity”
Humanity & Inclusion (HI) is an independent and impartial aid and development organisation with no religious or political affiliations operating in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. We work alongside people with disabilities and vulnerable people to help meet their essential needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights.
Since the organisation was first founded in 1982, we have set up development programmes in more than 60 countries and responded to many emergencies. Today we have a budget of around 150 million euros, with 3500 employees worldwide.HI is engaged in an employment policy in favour of disabled workers.For further information about the association: www.hi.org.
JOB CONTEXT :HI Mozambique is on its end implementation of country programme Strategy: 2016-2020, outlining 3 strategic pillars: 1) health; 2) inclusive local development; 3) emergency/ DRR.At structure level, the programme count with both development and emergency projects and support services.
• HI Mozambique programme continue being key partner to the Mozambique Government in sector of social action and education to provide both technical support but also to strengthen Mozambican Disability policy systems in particular inclusion approach;• HI will renovate as it is still relevant its strategy pillars to promote Access to services (Access of vulnerable groups to mitigation systems, basic health/education/social services and livelihood linking with social protection);• Mozambique is the country programme with the longest experience in social inclusion. It is a growing matter in development context, and HI should capitalize on it in order to increase its expertise.
Ongoing projects in field of Education:• Improved preparedness for effective early action and increased resilience to the impacts of disasters for vulnerable children in emergencies in Gaza and Inhambane• Successful Transition and Advancement of Rights for Girls (STAR-G) in Mozambique. This action is implemented through consortium with Save the Children and its partner. Activities implemented by HI will ensure the inclusion of girls with disabilities in ongoing Successful Transition and Advancement of Rights for Girls (STAR-G) project in Mozambique. The intervention promote an inclusive approach and mainstream disability in all project activities, strengthen the capacities of partners to improve access as well as transition & learning outcomes to an inclusive & quality education and other services for STARG cohorts of girls with disabilities in order to promote their rights to education.
• Ended project- Offering future prospects to children with disabilities in Mozambique through inclusive education
HI is in ongoing development of Inclusive Education Interventions in Mozambique and had opportunities to support other actors in making their Education in Emergencies intervention more inclusive to children with disabilities amongst other excluded groups.
The Inclusive Education Specialist will have as a first priority to support ongoing projects with direct implementation activities and secondly will dedicate support to different consortiums’ interventions while contributing to develop internal capacity and knowledge within the Technical Unit, Projects Managers team, and contributing to develop new Inclusive Education projects
YOUR MISSION:Under the responsibility of the Technical Unit Team Leader, the Inclusive Education Specialist contributes to the implementation of the HI mandate and the operational strategy in the program, in the field of Education (Inclusive Education). He/she guarantees optimal quality and impact of the project’s activities implemented in the country, through a development of expertise and knowledge in the program and support to the program project in field of inclusive education implementation and services.He/she will have functional technical supervision over other technical positions that support Inclusive Education projects activities and provide technical assistance to the partners in the program.He/she will also provide technical follow up of inclusive support services through consortium to ensure they align with HI technical framework.
The main responsibilities of the Inclusive Education Specialist are:• Expertise: Bring technical knowledge to guide and provide technical assistance to each project in the program work.• Support the development of capacities and skills in the program, through the transfer of knowledge, practices, and tools to the sector of the Technical Unit, IE’s standards and approaches, ways of implementing in development and emergency contexts.• Business Development: be up-to date on the last international practices and directions and opportunities in the area of IE. Use this knowledge to guide the technical unit/programme towards more relevant and efficient technical programming. Ensure relevance of technical practices at project design stage and on strategy development.
PROFIL:• You hold an advanced degree in Education, pedagogy, psychology of education or teaching. A specialization in inclusive education, education in emergencies or special needs teaching will be a strong asset.
• You have at least 3 years’ experience in international development and post crisis environments, in technical positions including experience in education projects and in working in disabilities field.• You have experience working in complex environments as well as in collaboration with national education actors at all levels (from services to central level)• You have experience working at policy development level with government, international agencies, consortiums and children with disabilities• You know how to produce clear, concise and responsible communication suited to different stakeholders and interlocutors as well as to adapt communication and messages to intercultural environment and remotely• You have advanced capacities in English – Portuguese would be an asset• You demonstrate good interpersonal and communication skills• You are flexible and able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously• You have good stress management abilities
SPECIFICS :Despite the different conflicts in between of insurgencies and internal conflicts affecting the country in Centre and North of Mozambique the security is still fairly good. The living conditions are excellent. Mozambique in particular in the area of interventions are very welcoming and life for foreigners is generally quite comfortable.
The position is based in the permanent Maputo City Programme covering 3 regions South, Centre and North, which implies probably field missions to the different provinces of countries under the conditions of security procedures established by HI, that have to be strictly followed.
CONDITIONS:At HI, the conditions offered are up to your commitment and adapted to the context of your mission. Particular attention is paid to health issues and your personal situation.
We offer an induction and training path adapted to our staff members and we have a HR policy oriented toward mobility and professional development.
• 3 years International contract starting from 1st , May 2021• The international contract provides social cover adapted to your situation:o Unemployment insurance benefits for EU nationalso Pension scheme adapted to the situation of our employees: If you already have a personal pension scheme HI will contribute at the same level of your personal monthly contribution with a maximum of 272.53€/month ; If you do not have a personal pension scheme, we will open a private pension account with your contribution of 272.53€/month and a contribution of HI of the same amounto Medical coverage with 50% of employee contributiono Repatriation insurance paid by HI
• Salary from 2750 € gross/month upon experience• Perdiem : 417 € net/month – paid in the field• Paid leaves : 25 days per year;• R&R : according to the level of the mission 1 day per month• Position:o open to families (more than 12 months) : package familial? a child allowance of 100€ per month, per child (from the second child) paid in the field? Contribution to school registration fees for children over 3 years? Family-wide health coverage• Payment for travel costs (air ticket & visa) and transport of your personal effects
• Housing : individual taken in charge by HI
If you are resident in the country : local package