Handicap International recruits 01 Human Resources Manager
Juba, South Sudan
Humanitaire (ONG, Associations, …), Projet/programme de développement
Human Resources Manager – SOUTH SUDAN
Pays : République du Soudan du Sud
Ville : Juba, South Sudan
Date de prise du poste : 12/07/2021
Durée de la mission : 5 months
Date de clôture des candidatures : 23/05/2021
Référence de l’annonce : -FV-05-21-6414
CONTEXTE DE TRAVAIL :“Outraged by the injustice faced by people with disabilities and vulnerable populations, we aspire to a world of solidarity and inclusion, enriched by our differences, where everyone can live in dignity”
Humanity & Inclusion (HI) is an independent and impartial aid and development organisation with no religious or political affiliations operating in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. We work alongside people with disabilities and vulnerable people to help meet their essential needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights.
Since the organisation was first founded in 1982, we have set up development programmes in more than 60 countries and responded to many emergencies. Today we have a budget of around 150 million euros, with 3500 employees worldwide.HI is engaged in an employment policy in favour of disabled workers.
For further information about the association: www.hi.org.
HI has been operating in South Sudan since 2006, implementing emergency and development actions aimed at improving protection, quality of life, and the promotion of rights of vulnerable individuals, including people with disabilities. HI’s current operations are centred in POCs (protection of civilian sites) and IDP camps in Juba and greater Equatoria states: Yei, Torit and Yambio in greater Central Equatoria state, greater Eastern Equatoria and greater Western Equatoria respectively, with the Country Office based in Juba city. During 2021, HI is planning to establish a base in the greater Unity, which remains among the most conflict and disability affected states of the country. The operational context in South Sudan today is considered largely humanitarian/emergency while phasing in resilience programming. The ongoing peace initiatives if they succeed might result in huge population movements of returnees (both IDPs and refugees) across the country.
DESCRIPTION DE POSTE :Reporting to the Programme Director, as the Human Resources Manager (HRM) you ensure the efficient management of human resources for the programme for which you are responsible. you participate actively in the phased reorganisation of HI in the field as part of the ROOTS project and in efforts to retain staff and open up key posts to national staff, helping to ensure that HI is recognised as an “employer of choice in the aid sector” (2016-2025 strategy). You advise the Programme Director on the organisation’s continuous improvement, notably with regard to managerial aspects and support to changes in working practices. You are the point person for the operational HR centres at HQ, especially Personnel Administration Unit.
This position calls for regular visits to the field (affiliated countries) to ensure adequate HR management and monitoring over the region within the geographical scope.
Your missions are:
1. Strategy and steering• You contribute towards the drafting, revision and implementation of operational strategy• You provide the Program Director with HR options to support the implementation of the operational strategy;• You produce and update the risk map covering• You propose and implement risk mitigation measures;• You contribute to incident reporting within his/her scope of responsibility to his/her manager and HQ advisor;• You produce, compile and analyse dashboard data and regular reporting; if necessary, you create HR KPI specific to your programme.• You represent HI externally on human resources matters (e.g. forums, operational and strategic alliances); you ensure the development of local partnerships necessary.
2. Standards and Accountability• You ensure respect and application of HI HR standards –programme’s coordination and bases with regard to policy, processes and tools;• You adapt and contextualise HR standards according to specific local characteristics;• You oversee internal control• You guarantee compliance with and application of institutional donor rules on all the projects implemented.
3. Operational HR management• You plan programme ressources• You manage administration and payroll• You assist the managers on your programme with the implementation of HR policies:• You ensure the legal and social aspects in your program• You rollout of HI’s Code of Conduct and institutional policies
4. Professional sector managementYou lead the professional development of the RH sector and help to do so for the organisation as whole
5. Emergency preparedness and responseYou are responsible for providing appropriate support to emergency responses occurring
6. ManagementYou assume the role and stance of manager with regard to his/her HR staff:• You foster a team spirit and team works to ensure the necessary synergies between the divisions. You encourage the exchange of practices within and between divisions;• You contribute towards the professional development of your team members: sets individual objectives, ensure that the know-how and motivations of your staff meet the organisation’s needs;• You provide individual and collective recognition• You develop your staff‘s ability to work autonomously• You embody and transmit HI’s values, ensure respect of code of conduct and institutional policies and are vigilant with regard to expected attitudes and individual and collective behaviours.
PROFIL ATTENDU :• You hold a diploma in Administration, Human Resources Management or similar fields
• You have a proven experience of at least 4 years in a Manager/Coordinator position in HR;• You have a confirmed experience in team management;• You have an experience in change/transformation management.• You know objectives and contents of transformation• You know Institutional frameworks (policies, directives, standards)• You are fluent in English, Arabic would be an asset• You are positive, constructive, solutions-oriented
LANGUE(S) DE TRAVAIL :
SPECIFICITES/PARTICULARITES DU POSTE :The position is based in Juba – South Sudan. The expatriate will also have to spend time in HI bases. South Sudan environment is characterized by:
(1) A capital, Juba, with major presence of INGOs and UN, basic but acceptable leaving conditions (generator, water tanks, basic roads…) and high cost level.(2) Rural areas with very badly shaped roads, few infrastructure and NGO leaving in compounds. The different sites of intervention are accessible by plane through MAF and WFP-run services. The security conditions are instable with a level 3 and areas under massive conflict.(3) The rainy season in South Sudan goes from May/June to September/October. During this period, movements are mostly limited since the roads are impracticable.
CONDITIONS :• 5 months International contract starting from mid July 2021
• The international contract provides social cover adapted to your situation:• Unemployment insurance benefits for EU nationals• Pension scheme adapted to the situation of our employees: If you already have a personal pension scheme HI will contribute at the same level of your personal monthly contribution with a maximum of 272.53€/month ; If you do not have a personal pension scheme, we will open a private pension account with your contribution of 272.53€/month and a contribution of HI of the same amount• Medical coverage with 50% of employee contribution• Repatriation insurance paid by HI• Salary from 2757 € gross/month upon experience• Perdiem : 590 € net/month – paid in the field• Hardship : 500 € net/month paid with your salary• Paid leaves : 25 days per year;• Housing : Collective taken in charge by HI• R&R : 5 days every 8 weeks• Unaccompanied position
If you are resident in the country : local package
Applications will be processed on an ongoing basis, don’t wait for applying !Only successful candidates will be contacted.POSTULER