Place: YEMEN (Sana’a)
Length: 12 months (renewable)
Starting date: ASAP
Closing date for applications: 12/01/2020
“Outraged by the injustice faced by people with disabilities and vulnerable populations, we aspire to a world of solidarity and inclusion, enriched by our differences, where everyone can live in dignity”
Handicap International is changing his name and becomes « Humanity & Inclusion ». HI, Humanity & Inclusion is an independent and impartial aid and development organisation with no religious or political affiliations operating in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. We work alongside people with disabilities and vulnerable people to help meet their essential needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights.
Since the organisation was first founded in 1982, we have set up development programmes in 62 countries and responded to many emergencies. Today we have a budget of around 150 million euros, with 3500 employees worldwide.
HI is engaged in an employment policy in favour of disabled workers.
For further information about the association: www.hi.org.
HI have been intervening in Yemen on and off for the last 12 years, with its actions initially focused on development issues, notably through the support to the development of physical and functional rehabilitation services for people with disabilities (PwDs) as well as through the capacity-building of the national networks of Yemen Disabled People’s Organisations (DPOs).
Since 2015, HI interventions have been adapted to the current context of conflict in Yemen. With the support of different donors, HI has been supporting two hospitals and one physical and functional rehabilitation centre in Sana’a City, building the capacities of their key staff in early rehabilitation care and psychological first aid (including specifically for children), supplying rehabilitation equipment, and directly providing functional rehabilitation care and psychosocial support to war affected people (including through the donation of assistive devices and provision of Prosthesis). In 2017, these activities have extended to new facilities in and around Sana’a.
In parallel, HI is implementing an inclusion and protection mainstreaming project, to increase the knowledge and capacities of the staff International NGOs in the inclusion of the most vulnerable persons in their humanitarian response (including PwD), so as to increase their access to essential services.
While all of HI activities were done so far in Sana’a governorate, HI has expanded in Aden and is about to launch its activities in Mokha and Hajjah.
Under the line management of the Country Director, the HR Coordinator will be part of the coordination team based in Sana’a and will have to provide support to the fields offices (Sana’a, Aden, Mokha, Hajjah). The HR Coordinator will have to be extremely proactive, mobile and flexible, to ensure efficient relationships and good coordination and develop adequate framework.
The HR Coordinator will be responsible for the design of the HR policies and will ensure proper implementation & monitoring. As such he/she will work in close coordination with HR focal points based on the other areas as well as coordination team based in Sanaa, and will have to travel there (when security conditions alllows it) regularly to provide support and ensure an adequate implementation of HR Policies.
The HR Coordinator will be responsible for:
- Ensuring the application and respect of local legislation, legal framework, internal HR policies and procedures in link with a lawyer when required;
- Identifying/validating the HR needs; designing the adequate set-up according the financial plan;
- Controlling the payroll process and ensuring a comprehensive accountability on HR costs according to HI and donors requirements;
- Developing the human resources organization and operational framework and policies, according to the mission’s evolution and strategy (remuneration, recruitment, etc.);
- Ensuring proper administrative management of human resources;
- Representing Handicap International towards relevant local authorities;
- Maintaining a network of formal and informal relations with HR Coordinators of others NGOs;
- Ensuring the operational management of the team placed under your responsibility;
- Producing HR reports to keep updated the Coordination team and HQ about HR issues (organigram, payroll, recruitment FU, HR annual report…)
YOUR PROFILE :
- You hold a Professional degree in Administration, Human Resources Management or related field.
- You have at least 5 years of experience as HR Manager / Coordinator in a professional organization (private, public and/or non-for-profit sector) and at least 2 years of experience in the humanitarian sector overseas.
- You have proven experience in coordination at country level. You have proven training and local capacity building experience.
- You have proven experience in tools development and HR policies design.
- You are able to work under high pressure in a volatile environment.
- You are fluent in English. Arabic is a strong asset.
- You have strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- You are autonomous, reactive and able to deal with priorities.
- You are motivated and proactive.
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE POSITION :
In Sanaa, you will live in a shared guesthouse well equipped with a safe room, most of the work is done at the office but there are some possibilities to go out for work purposes and for some extra activities. All movements are done by car. HI has set-up a curfew. The situation is relatively calm in Sana’a nowadays.
- Starting date : ASAP
- Length of the contract: 12 months (renewable)
- Employee status, according to experience:
- Salary from 2750 € gross/month regarding the experience of the candidate
- Perdiem : 550€ net/month
- Hardship allowance : 500€ net/month
- Insurances : medical hearth coverage, retirement planning, repatriation
- Paid holiday : 25 days per year
- R&R : 5 days every 6 weeks
- Status : unaccompanied position
- Housing : Collective taken in charge by HI
Pour toute demande complémentaire sur les formations organisées par Coordination SUD