Handicap International recruits 01 Flying Finance Coordinator
Humanitaire (ONG, Associations, …), Projet/programme de développement
Flying Finance Coordinator – ALL COUNTRIES
Flying Finance Coordinator – ALL COUNTRIES
Pays : France
Ville : All countries (according to assignment)
Date de prise du poste : 13/01/2020
Durée de la mission : 1 year
Date de clôture des candidatures : 19/12/2019
Référence de l’annonce : DIR-FIN-MPE-5444
CONTEXTE DE TRAVAIL :
“Outraged by the injustice faced by people with disabilities and vulnerable populations,
we aspire to a world of solidarity and inclusion, enriched by our differences,
where everyone can live in dignity”
Handicap International is changing his name and becomes « Humanity & Inclusion ». HI, Humanity & Inclusion is an independent and impartial aid and development organisation with no religious or political affiliations operating in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. We work alongside people with disabilities and vulnerable people to help meet their essential needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights.
Since the organisation was first founded in 1982, we have set up development programmes in 62 countries and responded to many emergencies. Today we have a budget of around 150 million euros, with 3500 employees worldwide.
HI is engaged in an employment policy in favour of disabled workers.
For further information about the association: www.hi.org.
DESCRIPTION DE POSTE :
Under the responsibility of the Head of Program Finance organisational unit, the Flying Finance Coordinator supports HI finance teams in the field according to the needs of the mission. According to the needs, he/she is assigned to field missions from 1 to 3 months with specific objectives. The missions of the Flying Finance Coordinator mainly answer to the following needs:
– Gap-Filling of Finance Coordinator
– Temporary increase of activities that requires an external support
– Training and capacity-building of finance teams ; support when a new Finance Coordinator is taking up a position
– Other specific missions: audit preparation, budget preparation, annual closure…
The responsibilities of the Flying Finance Coordinator are specific to each assignment.
The standard responsibilities of a Finance Coordinator are the following:
– Strategy and steering
– Standards and Accountability
– Operational finance management
o Guarantees the production of financial information and dashboards in a timely manner; coordinates the annual financial calendar and helps programme staff with the financial steering of the programmes; identifies risks and recommends actions for mitigating these risks
o Ensures the implementation of donor guidelines and compliance with donor requirements; oversees the monitoring of funding from the request stage through to end-of-contract, controlling risks and ensuring compliance with deadlines
– Professional development of the finance sector
– Emergency preparedness and response
– Team Management
PROFIL ATTENDU :
YOUR PROFILE :
– You hold an advanced degree in Finance, Economy, Business Administration or any relevant field
– You have at least 3 years of professional experience including one experience in NGO in finance management
– You have proven skills in finance and accountancy management
– You have an experience in team management
– You are fluent in English. Fluency in French is a strong asset.
– You demonstrate good adaptation and intercultural skills.
– You are autonomous and able to work under pressure
LANGUE(S) DE TRAVAIL :
SPECIFICITES/PARTICULARITES DU POSTE :
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE POSITION :
The Flying Finance Coordinator is assigned to field missions according to the needs of the organization. The missions have a maximum length of 3 months.
He/she benefits from a specific R&R system that enables them to rest between the mission. At the beginning and the end of each field mission, there is a specific time in HQ dedicated respectively to briefings and debriefings.
This position requires a high level of availability and consequently benefits from specific conditions (see below).
• Starting date : January 2020
• Length of the contract: 1 year
• Employee status, according to experience :
– Salary from 2757 € gross/month regarding the experience of the candidate
– Perdiem : according to the place of assignment
– Flying staff allowance: 250€ net/month
– Insurances : medical hearth coverage, retirement planning, repatriation
– Paid holiday : 25 days per year
– R&R : 20 days per year (with a contribution to a flight ticket every 3 months)
– Status : unaccompanied position
– Housing : collective taken in charge by HI