Handicap International recruits 01 Finance and HR Coordinator
Humanitaire (ONG, Associations, …), Projet/programme de développement
Détail de l’annonce 000-025-MPE-5089
Finance and HR Coordinator – LIBYA (based in Tunis)
Pays : Libye
Ville : Tunis
Date de prise du poste : 04/11/2019
Durée de la mission : 12 months
Date de clôture des candidatures : 22/10/2019
Référence de l’annonce : 000-025-MPE-5089
CONTEXTE DE TRAVAIL :
“Outraged by the injustice faced by people with disabilities and vulnerable populations, we aspire to a world of solidarity and inclusion, enriched by our differences, where everyone can live in dignity”
Handicap International is changing his name and becomes « Humanity & Inclusion ». HI, Humanity & Inclusion is an independent and impartial aid and development organisation with no religious or political affiliations operating in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. We work alongside people with disabilities and vulnerable people to help meet their essential needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights.
Since the organisation was first founded in 1982, we have set up development programmes in 62 countries and responded to many emergencies. Today we have a budget of around 150 million euros, with 3500 employees worldwide.
HI is engaged in an employment policy in favour of disabled workers.
For further information about the association: www.hi.org.
JOB CONTEXT :
Since 2014, HI’s Libya mission was managed remotely from neighbouring Tunisia, based in the same office as HI Tunisia. In mid-2018 however HI began a phased redeployment of international staff, with 4 out of 8 expatriates formally based in Misrata. Since the conflict in Tripoli began in April, all HI international staff have been located in Tunis however regular (monthly) visits are again being planned by all other international staff to Libya to support programme activities and ensure a close follow up and training of national staff. It is the intention to relocate the international team to Libya during the course of 2019, as soon as the conditions in Tripoli allow.
From operational bases in Tripoli, Misrata and Benghazi, HI is currently implementing a humanitarian programme with the following activities:
• Provision of comprehensive rehabilitation services including physical therapy and psychosocial support for persons with disabilities/injuries, distribution of assistive devices as required;
• Capacity building, technical support and donations of assistive devices and/or materials and equipment to health partners;
• Training on inclusion principles to other humanitarian actors and health workers;
• Provision of Risk Education to conflict affected communities on the risks and effects caused by mines and explosive remnants of war (ERW);
• Clearance and destruction of ERW in post-conflict areas.
In addition, beginning in early 2019 HI is implementing a three year project entitled ‘Action for Mental Health Assistance in Libya’ as part of wider initiatives to improve the access and quality of health care services in Libya.
DESCRIPTION DE POSTE :
Contributing to the implementation of the programme strategy, the Finance and HR Coordinator is expected to build, consolidate and strengthen administrative services across the programme and within each base (Tunis, Tripoli, Misrata and Benghazi). His/her responsibilities will be to ensure effective and optimised administrative services in support and coordination with the logistics and operations departments.
The main challenges of the post:
– Building and retaining a strong, autonomous administration team
– Remote management of national staff (until permanent deployment to Libya)
– Ensuring close coordination with HI’s Tunisia programme team
The main responsibilities are the following:
– Manage the programme’s financial resources
– Manage the programme’s administrative team and define the contractual framework and HR policy of the programme and ensure implementation of HR processes
– Guarantee compliance with the programme’s administrative and legal framework
Progressively during the course of 2019 HI’s Libya mission will become part of a new regional programme together with Tunisia and Morocco. As such, whilst initially the post holder will be managed directly by the Head of Mission for Libya, once the regional structure is established they will report ultimately to the Regional Finance and HR Manager, based in Tunis.
PROFIL ATTENDU :
The position is based in Tunis with frequent travels to Libya (about 50% of the time).
Tunisia is a relatively safe country although security incidents over recent years demand the requirement for close follow up of the context and movement restrictions in some areas of the country. Travel between Tunis and Libya is reliable and regular with commercial flights to most major cities.
Libya’s security is fluctuating and prone to violent conflict erupting at any moment, as it is suffering from a lack of a consolidated government since 2011. International staff are accommodated in a shared guest house/office with other expatriates and should expect isolated living conditions with movement restrictions and a curfew in place for each base. Very limited opportunities exist for socializing however a small number of other expatriates from other NGOs are based in Tripoli, Misrata and Benghazi.
LANGUE(S) DE TRAVAIL :
SPECIFICITES/PARTICULARITES DU POSTE :
• You hold a post-graduate degree in Economics, Administration, Finance, Human Resource Management or similar fields
• You have at least five years’ experience of leading an administration office within an NGO
• You have a strong demonstrable background in financial management
• You demonstrate skills and experience in mentoring, training and capacity building of colleagues, working cross-culturally
• You have strong team management skills
• You have excellent communication and diplomacy skills
• You are Fluent in French and English
• You are able to work under pressure and in a tensed and volatile context with strict security measures
• Starting date : November
• Length of the contract: 12 months
• Employee status, according to experience :
– Salary from 2757 € gross/month regarding the experience of the candidate
– Perdiem : 359€ net/month in Tunisia
– Insurances : medical hearth coverage, retirement planning, repatriation
– Paid holiday : 25 days per year
– R&R : 1 day per month
– Status : position opened to families
– Housing : Collective or individual taken in charge by HI